May 2021 Archmage Tournament

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Nicole Brock
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: May 2021 Archmage Tournament

Post by Nicole Brock »

By request, a buffet was set out by Nicole's Bistro's staff to add to the festivities. Beef and pork used in the menu items has been provided by Matadero Meat Company

Appetizers

Grilled and seasoned meat ( beef, lamb, and chicken) cubes, served on toothpicks. Individual bowls of tzatziki, marinara, and pesto sauce for dipping.

Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil

Oven fresh bread with garlic and herb dipping sauce.

Lay's Sour Cream & Onion Flavored Potato Chips

Soup

Minestrone

Pasta Fagioli

Italian Wedding Soup

Venison Chili

Salad

Fresh Garden Salad with a variety of dressings including the house’s oil based Italian dressing and the house’s Greek dressing.

Antipasto Pasta Salad

Italian Leafy Green Salad

Greek Salad

Main courses

Chicken Marsala

Souvlaki

Brick Oven Wood Fired Pizza with choices of meat and vegetable toppings.

Veal Parmigiana - is a house specialty served topped with the house’s marinara sauce, created by Judas Lasher, and topped with a blend of finely grated parmesan and romano cheeses. This dish is served with a side of angel hair pasta.

Greek-Style Baked Cod

Roasted Turkey Legs

Frozen hot dogs

Sides

Rosemary Roasted Potatoes

Rice Pilaf with Basil and Pine Nuts

Briam

Roasted Asparagus with Feta

Baked Potato Primavera

Orzo Salad with Spinach Pesto, Olives & Feta

Desserts
Baklava

Tiramisu

Summer Shortcake

Chocolate Ravioli - Ravioli shaped pastry filled with chocolate fudge.
Partly Cloudy
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Partly Cloudy »

Nearly an hour before the festivities were set to begin, the young man called gatito arrived on the Isle with his friend Gallo to make a special delivery. Together, they set up a pair of serving towers and loaded them with macarons in varying shades of blue. These cookies came in a quartet of rich flavors: dark chocolate and espresso, cookies and cream, vanilla bean, and tiramisu.

In addition to the two macaron towers, the pair delivered six dozen chocolate-dipped strawberries, also decorated in shades of blue.

BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

A surprise last minute phone call had sent Dris into an excited frenzy! One that consisted of him making no less than another baker’s dozen of other phone calls himself. No secret was ever truly safe with him, but he did impart very specific instructions to all those he contacted to keep it on the down low, flash mob style.

On the night of the Archmage Challenge, a scattered collection of nicely dressed individuals infiltrated the Isle, stowing boxes and other shrouded objects under tables and chairs up in the Pavillion before making their way back down to the spectator stands. They blended themselves into the assorted seating and settled in to watch the match.

At the conclusion of the challenge, each of them rose from their seats to applaud the spectacle they had beheld, and then dispersed, mingling with the crowd to follow the flow to the Twilight Pavillion. As covertly as possible, they set up their equipment and ready themselves for the arrival of the surprise women of honor. At the bard’s direction, the first song the band performed for the happy couple was one Dris had been informed was very special to them. He personally sang this to welcome them onto the scene.

The Song: The Rockrose and the Thistle
When you call to me asleep
Up the ragged cliffs I scramble
A single thread hangs limply down
And I breathe not now, not now
And I find you all unwoven
Trying desperately to sew
I know the kindest thing
Is to leave you alone
When your seams have come unknitted
And you cry out to the sky
I've run out of my words, my song
Just let me die, me die
The rockrose and the thistle
Will whistle as you moan
I could try to calm you down
But I know you won't
All the pins inside your fretted head
And your muttered whens and hows
All your mother's weaves and your father's threads
Let me rob them of you now
Cos I'll darn you back together
When you think that you're bereft
And you'll wail, you'll scream, but I'll never stop
Cos it's all that I have left
I wake and hear you calling
And up those cliffs I climb
And I find you with a thimble weeping
May I, I ask, may I?
And you gently gift it to me
Cos you've no clue how to sew
And I know the kindest thing
I pray to god it's the kindest thing
I know the kindest thing
Is to never leave you alone

The band that Dris had assembled by calling in some favors remained after this performance to play an assortment of party favorites. They were also taking requests! There seemed to be no limit to the number of songs and style of music that they could perform.

(( Song provided for me by Ettyn! Thank you so much for asking me to play a part! ))
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

We met tonight to settle the matter of who would be Archmage. Would it be new mom Mallory or would it be recently crowned Baron Anya? Anya started off with a commanding lead and took the first match, 5.5-1.5 in 7. Mallory came back in the second to take it 5.5-3 in 8, taking us to the third and final match in Olympus. Mallory's proxy, a well dressed Hot Dog, got rolling (literally at times) and in the third, refused to allow Anya any leeway, closing it out 5-0 in 5.

Then we celebrated Anya and Ettyn's union up at the Pavilion!
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Conner Reid »

Conner wrote his wish in the book for Anya and Ettyn: May the sun never set on your loving friendship.

Return to “Twilight Isle”