Beltane 2015: The Great Stag Tournament

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Beltane 2015: The Great Stag Tournament

Post by JewellRavenlock »

The Great Stag Tournament!

An ALL RANKS tournament designed to celebrate Beltane.

Who will emerge from the field of fighters to be crowned the Great Stag?

Date: Sunday, May 3rd
Time: TBA Shortly!
Format: TBA Shortly!
Prizes: TBA Shortly!

Setting

A forest clearing, not too far away from the one used for the previous night’s festivities, has been transformed for the Great Stag Tournament. Much of the grassy area has been torn up, replaced by bubbling, feet sucking, liquidy, deep, warm mud.
ImageImage

A series of platforms in the trees, connected with walkways, are set up for both callers and observers of the action below, hopefully far enough away from the mud splash zone. The platforms and walkways can be reached by a series of ladders or a set of stairs. The callers’ platform is particularly posh with pillows and cushions scattered about for them to lounge upon.
ImageImageImageImage

One of the larger platforms is dedicated to a bar area, fully stocked and surrounded by some tables and chairs.
ImageImage

For the fighters, there are some shower heads (magically run but unfortunately only set up to produce icy cold water) arranged amongst a thick patch of trees away from the mudpit.

((For additional setting information, to post outfits, and all that jazz, please see this thread.

Tournament details and sign-ups coming soon!))
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

The Great Stag Tournament!

Sunday, May 3rd
Time: 8:00pm EST

Format & Rules

The Great Stag Tournament will be a Muddy Megabrawl!

Please see below for the Megabrawl rules/how it works.

The order for the Megabrawl will be determined by registration order: You sign up first, you get to go first in the first round of the Megabrawl.

We are not setting a number for registrations yet, but there will need to be a cut-off at some point. In addition, we will most likely need to do a preliminary round of fights to get into the main event depending on the level of interest.

Reminder: This is an all-ranks tournament.

Prizes

Last Man/Woman Standing

The winner will be crowned The Great Stag!

AND the winner will also become the newest holder of ShadoWeaver!

Second to Last Man/Woman Standing

10,000 Silver Nobles
AND
A mud pie

Megabrawl Rules
These are the general rules for how a megabrawl works. Any specific changes made to the rules will be announced publicly before the event.
1. The order set before the Brawl will determine the order in which the moves are considered to have been performed. The first round will go 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8, the second will go 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1, etc. This will determine, in the case of more than one person attacking a single dueler, who swings first in the round.

2. Each player will send in two moves: one primary move and one secondary move. The primary move must also have a name sent along with it--that is the person the move will be directed against. If a different fighter than the one sent attacks the fighter, the secondary move is used on that person. Any other attacks on that dueler work automatically, as it is assumed that the attackers are coming in from too many angles for the attacked to be able to try and stop them all. Note: If two fighters direct their attacks at each other, then it's figured out like a normal duel--match the moves on the matrix, one falls down (or both, or one dodges, ducks, etc.)

Example: Tis, Dorae, Imp, Shanni, Jen, Ralez, Jeff, and Nova are in.

Tis' IM- Jab (Dorae)/Sweep
Dorae's IM- Sweep (Jeff)/ Snapkick
Imp's IM- Jab (Tis)/Spinkick
Shanni's IM- Jumpkick (Jen)/Sweep
Jen's IM- Hook (Nova)/Duck
Ralez's IM- Snapkick (Tis)/Jab
Jeff's IM- Dodge (Dorae)/ Snapkick
Nova's IM- Dodge (Jen)/Jab

This is what would happen in the round.

Tis charges at Dorae! But before he can get to her, she sweeps down Jeff as he tries to move away! Alas, her adrenaline high from taking the Diamond to the mat doesn't last, as she gets popped in the jaw before her foot can snake out to tag the onrushing Tis..who promptly can do little but get tagged by Imp's right fist, his sweeping kick too slow of a reaction to take the smaller one down! Then Ralez jumps in and pounds the poor kiltboy sillywith
a snapkick to his falling chest for another hit!

Across the ring, Nova gets a little antsy and starts to slide away from Jen. To no avail, however, as she crushes him with a hook! Fortunately for Jen, the momentum helps her to duck under the flying foot of Shanni as well.

(For the record: Tis- was hit twice; Dorae- was hit once; Jeff- was hit once; Nova- was hit once.)

3. Offensive or defensive moves can be used as either primary or secondary maneuvers.

4. After a move is selected, two more must be used before the first can be picked again. Thus, if a jab is used as one's primary attack in a round, it can be used as a secondary attack in the next (i.e. Round 1- Jab/Snapkick, Round 2- Sweep/Jab is acceptable). However, if it is used as a secondary attack, a full round must pass before it can be used again. Yes, this means that a round consists of two moves.

5. You will have sixty seconds to decide your move for the next round and send it in. This rule will be enforced as well as possible. The reason for this is that it isn't a round-to-round fight, per se, where the fighters hit, reset, hit, etc. This is a battle of pure kinetic energy, where everyone is pretty much in motion for the whole duel; to take five minutes between moves would slow the Brawl to a complete crawl, especially considering that it will take the caller a minute to tally up the scores and start the call, plus the time involved in the opening round(s) of action.. this'll be a pretty long event.

6. Each character will have ten points to start, their stamina, so to speak. Each hit takes off one point. Once a character loses all their points, they tire to the point where they can be thrown out of the ring.

**Important** The next hit does NOT automatically knock a dueler from the ring! There are seven ways to eject someone from the ring: flip, hook, uppercut, spinkick, snapkick, scoring on a conversion, or scoring a point on a fancy. Also, dual hooks or spinkicks will not throw the intended victim out of the ring. (Note- the snapkick is a change from previous brawls. It may not seem like a power move, but it was necessary to have a move that could beat a duck- chop just doesn't fit, and legsweep is far too powerful in regards to the matrix to put it in a group with hook and spinkick.)

Sign-up below!

Disclaimer: You must be listed on the DoF standings as ACTIVE before the tournament begins. This means you have almost 2 weeks to get a Duel of Fist duel in.

((For additional setting information and all that jazz, please see this thread.

For the sake of consistency, PLEASE POST OUTFITS IN THE RDI THREAD! Thank you))
Last edited by JewellRavenlock on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Eh, nevermind.
Last edited by King on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Addie
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Addie »

I'm in!
Kane Darkwing
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Kane Darkwing »

I'll join.
I created the Sound of Madness.
Wrote the book on pain.
Somehow I'm still here,
To explain,
That the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun.
When you gonna wake up and fight... for yourself?
Michi
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Michi »

BFF SQUAD TEAM UP.

I'M IN.
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

I'm in.

So's Koy.

--Matt
Red urThorne
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Red urThorne »

Hopefully I can make this one!
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

I plan to shove all your faces in the mud.

-Jewell
Fourth
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Fourth »

Put me on the list and if I can be there, I'll show up.
Shadowlord
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Shadowlord »

I'll sign up!

~Shadow
"Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate; and though I have oft passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Sabine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Sabine »

I am going to try and make it
“We spoke eternal things that cannot die.” -Charles Baudelaire, from The Balcony; Fleurs du Mal (tr. by Roy Campbell), 1857
Mason
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mason »

I'll give it a try.
The Mockingbird
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by The Mockingbird »

Ahll give it ah go
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer