Words of Praise

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Words of Praise

Post by Josette Wheeler »

I would just like to give a shout out to Gu who continues to be one of the most welcoming, inclusive, and creative people here in this community. You are always seen, appreciated and valued. From welcoming new members, to jumping in to live play, your endless creativity, to being an amazing Night King…thank you for all you do! ❤️
“Perfection is static, and I am in full progress.”
—Anaïs Nin
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

I apologize to the players/writers involved if I forget all the names. I'm rather behind on this!

Many thanks and/or congrats to the following folks for giving their time and energy, no matter how much, to making things brighter for us all:

Settings

Hye-jin for creating Spike's Landing and giving us a new place to stretch our imaginations and set stories.
Lana Stanton for her setting, Tabula Rasa. Yet another new offering for players to have fun in!
Lydia Everleigh for the expansion ideas for Stars End.

Events

Hana Sasaki for Hopping New Year.

Mallory for Lunar New Year: Spring Festival of the Rabbit!

Miyu Iwasawa for Kabuki Kaijus FC Champions Parade.

Sal for organizing Baron Bijou's Birthday Bonanza.

Angel and Anya for hosting the Whitedown Grand Wing Opening Gala

Dakota Street for running Diamond Dakota's Dueling Days Part Deux.

Dris for organizing and running The 2023 Magical, Musical Masquerade Ball.
Gatito for the menu for that same event.

Izumi Takamine for the annual Kabuki Street Koinobori Matsuri.

The folks involved with the organization of the 2023 Beltane Celebrations especially Jewell and Mallory.

The members of the committee that planned the Pride Week events. The committee included Dris, Amaris, Karma, Tenball, and Gatito.
Anya for hosting Queer Bedtime Stories at Books and Brews.
Mallory for hosting Trivia Night.
Kruger and everyone involved with memorializing Pharlen via a statue.

Droet for his surfing party.
Droet and Angel for hosting a week long series of dueling events.
The folks that organized an impromptu celebration to honor Droet's milestone of 500 days holding the Seaside Barony.

Achievements

Droet for the milestone of being Seaside's Baron over 500 days. He's also coming up fast with a one year milestone as Keeper of the Tower of Water.

Koyliak for holding IceDancer for over ten months! Koy has also done Fashion Week events for many years, now. Her efforts there are very much appreciated.

Xanth for holding the Tower of Air for almost nine months.

Rachael Blackthorne, a past Fire Tower Keeper, for having ten defenses and holding the title over a year.
----------
Nero Zhir for a fun and thought provoking scene.
----------------

To our admin team, sports and RP teams, your efforts in are appreciated! Takes a lot to keep things running around here!

I want to add a special thanks to our DoM Team (Max, Royal, and Karma) for their constant and continuing efforts to keep DoM interesting and fun.
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

Thank you so much, Maggie's writer, for your very kind words!

I would also like to thank the writers behind the characters of Amaris, Tenball, Karma, and Gatito for being on the committee and working together with me these past several weeks to help put together Pride Week 2023. Thank you for slinging dozens of ideas at me, providing me with beautiful imagery, supporting the event both behind the scenes and in front of them, and so much more. Your contributions and insight were beyond valuable. I appreciate the heck out of you all.

Additionally, I would like to thank the writers behind the characters of Mallory and Anya for volunteering to host a couple of live events. Trivia Night was super fun, and I did learn some things I didn't know! (I know I still owe you an emoji, too!)

Thank you, the writer behind the character Kruger, for reading our minds and also suggesting the commemorative statue of our dearly departed D, mastermind behind the immortal Pharlen, the Governor who started it all. Really enjoyed that little bit you wrote up about the unveiling ceremony. Thank you for letting my bard be a part of the performance, too. :)

Lastly, and certainly not least, thank you also to everyone who supported and participated in Pride Week 2023. Your contributions are all appreciated. It wouldn't be an event without you. Thank you for taking part.

And if you neglected to post to any of the threads, it's not too late! There is no time limit. I'll probably be catching up on some myself one of these days.

Thank you, Rhy'Din Community! Happy Pride Month!
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Really enjoyed reading Family and Blood-Bonds. Can’t wait to read more, Mach!
Last edited by Josette Wheeler on Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

Though I've already thanked her profusely in DMs, I wanted to once again thank Anya for seeing my notice of being "in need of a caller" on the Dragon's Gate challenge thread and taking the time to reach out to me to volunteer her services.

It was late and I was getting frustrated when I made that post, having only gotten halfway through the list of DoS callers, and also having discovered through Rachael that a handful of others were unavailable. (We almost scheduled our challenges on the same day!)

I know per the DoS rules it is the responsibility of the challenger to secure a caller, but this week is an incredibly busy one IRL for me, and as an introvert it's sometimes as stressful to go through the list and DM people as it is calling around to find a new dentist. You know. o_o

So I appreciate the heck out of you, Anya, for seeing my moment of panic and taking the time to reach out to me. Thank you so much. Looking forward to the challenge. Hopefully we can make it a fun one for you. :)
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Thank you once again to both Jake and Kalamere, our Black Wizard when it comes to the bots that we use on a daily basis on the RoD Discord server, for getting problems with the bots solved in a timely manner.

These two are untiring in their efforts to make RoD a functional place for all of us to enjoy. I'm truly grateful for them and all that they do.
Royal
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Royal »

Thanks to Anya for being there to answer my question last night about the host code :D and thanks everyone who came out for my impromptu calling shift and had fun.
Phil Goshawke
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: #10 Halflight Hollow, The Gloaming at the Canopy, Twilight Isle

Post by Phil Goshawke »

I'm a day or so late, but I did want to say thanks to Royal for the Summer Surprise event on Tuesday, thanks to Maggie for the idea of letting everyone use the Archmage's powers for a night (and thanks to all the Magic coordinators for letting this happen, too!), and thanks to everyone who showed up and dueled. It was a fun night for me, and I hope it was fun for everyone else who showed up and played. :)
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Delahada »

Thank you, Penny Escobar, for once again running the Nimble Fox Challenge. This is one of my favorite month long events and I'm happy to see it going again. Glad I found the time to participate in it once more. :)
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Really enjoyed reading The Widow of Rathspire Manor. Totally put me in the mood for Fall and all things spooky.
Angelic
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Angelic »

Gonna have to second the praise on Rathspire. I (im)patiently await the next chapter!
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Ishikawa's videos on the campaign trial are gold! Keep them coming!!
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Delahada »

I love the Rock Hards Socials post so much. Please let there be more throughout the season. :lol:
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Just wanted to send out a quick note to thank Ebon's player for posting the transcript of the governor's debate/Q&A sessions from last night. I wasn't able to attend it live, but I appreciate you putting the transcript up in a form on the forums that made it a lot easier for me to read through it (and to find all the candidate answers to the question one of my characters posed :-D )

Thanks again to everyone running for governor -- I love seeing this storyline carry on and change and shift over the years, and each of the candidates brings something new and interesting to running for office, and I believe would also bring new and interesting ideas to being governor. I truly have no horse in this race (even if my characters do) and wish the best of luck to each of you!
BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

Bailey Raptis wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:05 pmI love seeing this storyline carry on and change and shift over the years
1000% echoing this sentiment right here. The Governor storyline is one of my absolute favorites, and I love the fact that it has continued to thrive for so many, many years. I'm honored to have won the election twice in as many as a dozen years. The first time by literally one vote, but it was such a delight to write the advertisements and fight against Matt Simon back then.

This past year has been a joy, and I am grateful to the community for supporting the events I have thrown. I'm looking forward to supporting Rhy'Din's next Governor in whatever capacity they allow. Most of all I'm excited to see what kind of fresh new storylines they come up with, and hope that they have as much fun in the captain's chair as I have. So this is a thank you to the community at large for continuing to support this storyline, too. Good luck to all four candidates! To whichever of you wins the election, I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!

Return to “Thoughts at Large”