Words of Praise

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Partly Cloudy
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Re: Words of Praise

Post by Partly Cloudy »

Helea Alwin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:09 pm Thank you all for the kind words! I’m happy the event was something you all enjoyed and knowing that makes it well worth running it. I can’t take all the credit for the story hooks of the animal patrons though! I had a vague idea for an idea but it was Karma who came up with and wrote the blurbs on the spot.

This event was very much something I threw together on a whim without planning so thanks to Max for letting me run away with ideas that randomly pop into my head. 🤣
In this case, I’d like to add a big thank you to Karma for helping shape the animal patrons. Those were so special and have made a lasting impression on my character. And I’d like to thank Max, as well, for giving Zodiac Trust the green light. This was truly a wonderful event with a lot of charm and I appreciate all of the hard work all of you guys put into it.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

The new settings on discord look amazing!

Thank you to RP team and Kal and Jake and everyone who worked on them!
Robert Infinity
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Robert Infinity »

A big "Thank you!" to Mira Burke and Anya de la Rose for the Cinco de Mayo event in "The Last Chance Saloon" tonight. You did a hell of a job on short notice. :like: Including food that looked terrific. 8)

And thank you to everyone who showed up. :-D
Kira Adia
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Mistress of House Adia

Location: Adia Estate, south of the city on the border with Skoggard

Post by Kira Adia »

I want to wish everyone in the community a Very Happy Pride Month! I have been open about my identity as a transgender individual from almost the beginning. In the almost two years since, not only have I felt a sense of welcome and belonging I’ve found nowhere else, but I’ve witnessed the community as a whole come together to defend not just trans people, but everyone in the LGBTQ+ community from people with more narrow mindsets.

Thank you all for helping me feel loved and accepted!
Alik Murphy
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: An apartment above The Green Phoenix pub, in Dockside.

Post by Alik Murphy »

Just wanted to say that Mal/Ettyn/>:[/Scott is awesome and cool and stuff because they've been basically carrying my writing single-handedly and putting up with my weird cartel rants and breaking their back trying to make my writing make any kind of sense.

They're cool and good and have big brain and they're probably really good at Mario Kart too.

Seriously though, I have been going around in circles constantly with the plots I've been working on, and dealing with work and home life being fucking terrible, and Mal has been basically coaching my no-attention-span-having-ass through the whole thing. Endless amount of patience.
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

Alik Murphy wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:40 am Just wanted to say that Mal/Ettyn/>:[/Scott is awesome and cool and stuff because they've been basically carrying my writing single-handedly and putting up with my weird cartel rants and breaking their back trying to make my writing make any kind of sense.

They're cool and good and have big brain and they're probably really good at Mario Kart too.

Seriously though, I have been going around in circles constantly with the plots I've been working on, and dealing with work and home life being fucking terrible, and Mal has been basically coaching my no-attention-span-having-ass through the whole thing. Endless amount of patience.
I dunno about the Mario Kart bit... I may need proof.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

Wanted to once again thank Kira and Mira both for co-hosting an incredibly fun live event with the Riverfront Summer Fair. They did an amazing job putting it all together in less than a day and making it inclusive for all. You two are superstars! Looking forward to the next big co-hosting night!

I'd also like to thank Karma for giving us a little bit of vapor joy in every single channel of the RoD server with the Midsommar Citywide Celebration. This light and levity was very much needed and appreciated today. I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. Thank you again for giving us this positive creativity to share.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Delahada wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:56 am Wanted to once again thank Kira and Mira both for co-hosting an incredibly fun live event with the Riverfront Summer Fair. They did an amazing job putting it all together in less than a day and making it inclusive for all. You two are superstars! Looking forward to the next big co-hosting night!

I'd also like to thank Karma for giving us a little bit of vapor joy in every single channel of the RoD server with the Midsommar Citywide Celebration. This light and levity was very much needed and appreciated today. I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. Thank you again for giving us this positive creativity to share.
Seconded and adding props to Eri for the annual Tanabata Festival!!
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

PrlUnicorn wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:58 am
Delahada wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:56 am Wanted to once again thank Kira and Mira both for co-hosting an incredibly fun live event with the Riverfront Summer Fair. They did an amazing job putting it all together in less than a day and making it inclusive for all. You two are superstars! Looking forward to the next big co-hosting night!

Seconded and adding props to Eri for the annual Tanabata Festival!!
Motion carries.

I also want to thank Royal's player for hitting another inclusive feature for DoM out of the park, namely the Wee Witch's Tome of Familiars. I plan one day to have Rachael add a familiar to the Tome.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

Really want to give a big shout out to Ebon for putting together a handful of wonderful posts for the Taste of Rhydin again this year. I've really dropped the ball on posting, having been pretty overwhelmingly busy lately. So I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you and all the hard work you do! Thank you!
Tippletoe
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Cheer Captain

Post by Tippletoe »

Just a huge shout-out to DoF Staff.

Those Opal Realms are Kick-Ass.

I'm also super-digging the IC Soccer Team thread and everyone who's contributed, but especially thanks to Royal for putting that brainchild out there to play.
@tippytop

A Tip-Top Gnome from Tip-to-Toe: I'm Your Tippletoe!
Anya de la Rose
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Anya de la Rose »

I want to give a thousand thanks to Gu for the work they put into the Whitedown parties.

I know running the room with enthusiasm and grace is a challenge to manage in live play. Adding in something like the raffle and the work that goes into not only selecting prizes but keeping them straight brings the event to the next level and isn't easy!

I appreciate you letting me hide behind the scenes in these things once we go live and all of your effort to keep these play opportunities welcoming to the whole community.
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Post by Michelle Montoya »

Goldglo wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:56 pm Gatito's accomplished what only one other person in history (Avery Shiv Blade) has done - become Diamond, Overlord and Archmage simultaneously! It's a historical achievement and one that the entire dueling community can celebrate! Well done Gatito, the DiArchLord!
Hot Damn, Gatito.

Congratulations!!!!

- Aryana
Partly Cloudy
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Partly Cloudy »

Michelle Montoya wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:33 pm
Goldglo wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:56 pm Gatito’s accomplished what only one other person in history (Avery Shiv Blade) has done - become Diamond, Overlord and Archmage simultaneously! It’s a historical achievement and one that the entire dueling community can celebrate! Well done Gatito, the DiArchLord!
Hot Damn, Gatito.

Congratulations!!!!

- Aryana
Thank you so much!
Kruger
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Anvil

Post by Kruger »

Utmost respect to the writer behind Xanth VanBokkelen for taking something I wrote to sound intentionally ridiculous.
Kruger wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:16 pm It was something to do with a floor buffer, some floor wax, and a goat. A trick is a distinct possibility. And don’t forget he is a Mage Emeritus, and you’re just a…
And turning it into actuality. And Xanth Knows Why

I am still laughing!

Return to “Thoughts at Large”