Guess who's coming to Admin..

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Swords

Moderator: Staff

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Guess who's coming to Admin..

Post by G »

Things have been wonderful, have relatively enjoyed my time as the Head Man In Charge of DoS. Kinda sucks that I've reached the point I have.

That said, a few of you know this, some of you don't, but starting in January, I'm giving up the position of DoS Supervisor. I find that I am reacting too negatively to every little thing that gets posted, and when that happens, a change is needed. Plus, I've kinda stagnated on doing anything more than posting standings and getting the three DoS tourneys up and about. (WLT, ToR, and Madness)

So, starting January First, I'm handing the rei(g)ns over to the player of Candy Hart. She said that she would probably do it under her another character, because that character is more the type who'd be either in charge of things, or the type that could "afford to buy the Arena from G." Yes, I'm not the first person who was a supervisor who played that their character owned the Arena. :D

So that part works out.

I'll be assisting her in the next month and a half with training how to use the tools we currently have and getting her the files needed. And after the first, still be assisting her with pretty much anything that comes up, ESPECIALLY the next Madness tourney.

I'm more looking forward to going back to being a Player with no responsibilities, which means, maybe, I play an extra ten-fifteen minutes a week, or even get a duel in! Hey, you may even see challenges from me or other characters I have! Who knows!

So, it's been a good, what, 4+ years running the show? 5+? Dunno. Either way, my time has passed. Candy's player brings a fresher perspective than I have, and I'm certain that a player with her caliber will be very good for the DoS.

Try to Support her, and don't bother her too much before January with DoS issues, they'll still come to me. After January, try not to slam her too hard with things. Be gradual. She's a good choice.

Well, that's about all I have. NO, I am NOT leaving the DUELS! If you ask me this question, I am going to know you DIDN'T read the whole post and will point you back to this. Don't send me an IM joking about it either, I will NOT find it funny. Thanks

Good luck!
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

Glad to have experienced your reign, G. You've been nothing but friendly and cordial with new duelists, from my perspective, because you were and have been the sweetest of sweethearts I've ever known. Love your humor. Love that you can keep yourself in good spirits even when you're wanting to rip peoples' faces off. You've done a wonderful job, and your own special touch will be missed. But I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I understand. Nobody's going to begrudge you your stepping down. If they do, set me loose on them. Lemme at 'em! Lemme at 'em! ;)

Candy! Welcome aboard! I'm glad there's somebody out there who has the time, energy and devotion available to step into G's big shoes. I hope you fill them well. I think you will. You may play a gruff character, but behind the scenes I've noticed that you too are the sweetest of sweethearts. I hope people respect you as much as they have G these past years. And if they don't... Well. Again. Lemme at 'em!
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

Thanks for all your hard work, G. And good luck and congratulations to Candy.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

We all knew you were the perfect person for the job when Billy stepped down, and you absolutely lived up to it. Thanks for sacrificing so much so the rest of us could enjoy ourselves. Glad to know you'll still be around.

YOU DID A GOOD JOB!
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Sign this petition to secede the Annex and Outback unless the Arena is willing to put in an elevator. CANDY! HOP TO IT!

Joking.

Thanks for all the hard work G!
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Seirichi wrote:Sign this petition to secede the Annex and Outback unless the Arena is willing to put in an elevator. CANDY! HOP TO IT!

Joking.

Thanks for all the hard work G!
But, um.. the Annex is next to the Arena. Sure, the Outback is upstairs and out back, but you don't go down any further to get to the Annex. :D
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Lem DeAngelo
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Lem DeAngelo »

Thanks G Diddy!
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

G,

Giving up the job is hard. Not just the act of giving someone else the title, but mentally coming to terms with the fact it is now (or will soon be) someone elses responsibility and you should probably keep your own mouth shut. There were an occasion or two where we didn't agree with the direction you took and probably overstepped in letting you know as much. This was based mostly on it not being the way I would have gone and even all these years since I held the job, feeling that attachment. Basically... just saying you should be prepared for that =) Not a lot of ex-supervisor's remain active. There's a reason for that.

Over the years you've been a consistent presence and have done what you felt was right for the game. Even on those rare occasions I didn't agree with a decision, I respected your dedication to the job and commitment to your vision of what DoS needed. Candy has some big shoes to fill in that regard. I hope you find what you want in moving on, and come to love the game again for just being a game.

Candy... Good luck! The job can get crazy at times, though that might not be apparent from the get-go. If ever I can assist in some small way, please don't hesitate to ask.

~Kal
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Post by Jake »

Kalamere wrote:G,

Giving up the job is hard. Not just the act of giving someone else the title, but mentally coming to terms with the fact it is now (or will soon be) someone elses responsibility and you should probably keep your own mouth shut. There were an occasion or two where we didn't agree with the direction you took and probably overstepped in letting you know as much. This was based mostly on it not being the way I would have gone and even all these years since I held the job, feeling that attachment. Basically... just saying you should be prepared for that =) Not a lot of ex-supervisor's remain active. There's a reason for that.

Over the years you've been a consistent presence and have done what you felt was right for the game. Even on those rare occasions I didn't agree with a decision, I respected your dedication to the job and commitment to your vision of what DoS needed. Candy has some big shoes to fill in that regard. I hope you find what you want in moving on, and come to love the game again for just being a game.

Candy... Good luck! The job can get crazy at times, though that might not be apparent from the get-go. If ever I can assist in some small way, please don't hesitate to ask.

~Kal
What Kal said.

Am glad you're planning to stick around!
Candy Hart
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Hardest Ever

Post by Candy Hart »

Thank you G for the opportunity to further support this community that I love, I hope I do as well as you at it.
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

Like Jake, Kal said it best. You've done an awesome job in your tenure and I know you'll still be an awesome source of information and guidance even in an unofficial standpoint.

All the luck to your promotion Candy.
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~
Velhelmi Torvald
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Velhelmi Torvald »

G'nort, I don't know what I can add to this, I didn't get to know you under this role, but I'm thankful for what you did to help keep the game going as long as you did, though I'll never really fully appreciate it.

What I can say is that I'm really looking forward to having you back and actively dueling again, whenever that may happen. I still remember the guy you were back when we both started and I'd like to see that again. Maybe you'll even get yourself a Baron Ring so that I might have a chance to avenge my first title loss. :D

Candy, if you want/need some help, I don't know what I can do to help you, but I'll do what I can.
PrlUnicorn
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Thank you for all the work you have done over the years, G. It's not an easy task dealing with restless natives.

Candy, I wish you well in your tenure as DoS Supervisor!

:)
Slothy
Adventurer
Adventurer
I Remember Gondar

Post by Slothy »

As long as the bar still stocks cheese whiz...
"Wanna leaf?"

Return to “Duel of Swords (OOC)”