a grant to give

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Tarl Cabot
Adventurer
Adventurer

a grant to give

Post by Tarl Cabot »

having been awarded a challenge grant to give to the individual of my choosing due to my recent victory in the Madness tournament, I find myself with a short list of those who I, without being influenced by anyone else, would choose to award this grant to. However, I also wish to make sure that the grant is awarded to an individual who is interested in such a challenge, while at the same time having valid reasoning on their desire to acquire such a challenge. Lastly, I wish to see someone who has proven themselves in one of the combat sports of this area and has the skill to accomplish such a challenge be the one that receives it.

it is therefore that I would like to choose two individuals interested in receiving this grant and have them fight each other in the arena of swords, the winner of this single fight to receive the challenge grant.

My short list is:

1. Matthew Simon, for urging me to once again enter the Madness
2. Soerl Lute, for finishing second in the tournament

If both of these men indicate they are interested in the grant, then I ask that we arrange for a date and time where the two of them can meet in the arena.

However, in the event that one or both of these men state that they are not interested in the grant, or fail to show their interest before midnight on the evening of May 2, then I ask that all those who are interested in receiving this grant state that interest here and tell me why it is that they look to acquire the challenge grant.

I shall choose two people before midnight on the evening of May 4, and ask for the fight to take place in the days immediately following the fourth of May.

Ultimately, I would like to see the victory decided before the sun rises on the morning of May 9.

Tarl
Soerl Lute
Adventurer
Adventurer
Well Traveled

Post by Soerl Lute »

I thank you for your consideration, Tarl. I will politely decline your offer. At the present time, in addition to not wishing to press challenge to any current Barons, I am not sure I can spend the time required to properly care for a Barony were I to win it. At least in the immediate future. It would be more suited to someone who is confident they are able to manage the affairs of a Barony. If Matt decides to take your offer, I wish him luck whomever he ends up dueling.

-Soerl
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Tarl,

I thank you and I accept your gracious offer. Congratulations on a fine tournament victory!

--Matthew Algiers Simon
Slothy
Adventurer
Adventurer
I Remember Gondar

Post by Slothy »

Shame. I wanted to put my name into the hat! The only way I'll ever challenge for Overweenie is by grant, since I made a promise a long long time ago that I would never challenge for the title by rank alone.

If you get another one at some point, count me in!
"Wanna leaf?"
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Reminder that the challenge grants are to challenge for a Barony only. :)
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Tarl Cabot
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Tarl Cabot »

as a reminder, in case my original message was not clear: Matthew has accepted my offer while Soerl has declined. I am still seeking one other party interested in fighting for the grant. If no one states their interest and valid reasoning before midnight tomorrow, Wednesday, then Matthew will be awarded the grant by default

Tarl
Tarl Cabot
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Tarl Cabot »

The deadline having passed with no other interest being shown. I award my challenge grant to Matthew Simon

Tarl

Return to “The Arena”