Alignment of Barons

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Tormay Eludes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Alignment of Barons

Post by Tormay Eludes »

I was hoping that I would not have to do this, but since not all the Barons have declared thier intentions yet, I will have to assign thier status.

I declare that Teagan is loyal due to her actions at the challenge match.

I declare that Damien is loyal for the simple fact that he is the senior Baron.

I would hope that they want to be loyal, but I will not be offended if they decide later that being loyal to a pup such as myself does not make sense.
Ticallion Carter
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: An upscale bachelor's loft in New Haven is his primary residence.

Post by Ticallion Carter »

Color me crazy, but doesn't it seem more reasonable to assume a Baron would be Renegade before just assigning them to be Loyal? I'm not trying to stir up controversy or cause a fight, but this just seems really...unique...to me.

Loyalty (to me, at least) connotes a certain faithfulness to a cause or a person. Now, to me, your rationale with assigning Teagan Loyal makes some sense. She inteceded for you during your challenge. Understood. Although, her "loyalty" in that case might have been more about upholding what she thought was a valid challenge (or something along those lines) rather than wanting to instate you as Overlord. In any case, as I said, it makes some sense. Where I have a major issue with this whole thing is assigning Damien "loyal for the simple fact that he is the senior Baron". That doesn't make any sense to me. Since when is loyalty correlated to seniority?

I suppose I would have had less of a problem if you had given no reasoning at all for assigning anyone Loyal. That act would go against what seems to be the accepted precedent of new Overlords and unaligned Barons, but (again, to me) would have made more sense. Seeing as Barons no longer have Neutrality as an alignment option, Renegade would seem to be the makeshift default because it doesn't call for them to demonstrate getting behind a particular person or cause.

Then again, this might just be an argument over semantics. But, I think it makes you seem like you are just pining for Loyal Barons by automatically aligning those who haven't made a decision as such. No disrespect.

~Tical
Damien Mortis
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Damien Mortis »

i agre all fyuture ova gis just mak me renigad espeshilly wen iv never herd of yoo

D
Skyler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Vile Villain

Location: Where hinges creak in dark chambers, where ever candlelights flicker ...

Post by Skyler »

Renegade.

-Skyler
Tormay Eludes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Tormay Eludes »

Well, that's much better. I thought people stopped caring about the politics of rank and I was going to have an easy time of it.

Since Damien wishes to be renegade, I think that makes him renegade. Very simple I would think.
Erin Dunbridge
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Erin Dunbridge »

As the newest Baroness in the mix, I'd like to declare myself renegade. No offense, kid, but you can't just ride to the top like that and expect an easy time of it.

After the tournament, if you still stand, I'm coming for you.

Kisses.

E
Tormay Eludes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Tormay Eludes »

I guess now that people remember that I am here there is going to be a long line. I didn't expect this to be easy.

I look foward to testing myself against you, and would enjoy to do so, even if I don't hold any title for you to take away.
Tormay Eludes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Tormay Eludes »

Hmmm... seems the tournament got pushed back a week. If you are quick and put it in before midnight on Saturday (24th) it would still be a legit challenge I would have to respond to.

Your choice though, just thought I shoudl point that out.

That, and since I do NOT have 15 WoL, a Loyal Baron could challenge me.

Return to “The Arena”