An Open Letter.

A place for stories beyond the gates of Rhy'Din
Luna Sanguinem
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

An Open Letter.

Post by Luna Sanguinem »

You knew I had changed, that who I was I could never be again. You knew the flickering rebellion that had been cleverly hidden was no longer left to the side in favor of duty, but worked alongside it.

You knew but you did not see.

You saw the meek little girl afraid of disappointing her family. You missed the strong woman who understood that was a fact of life and would do what it took to protect them.

You saw the sprinkle of rain threatening to overflow, but missed the brewing storm that would break through as the pressure raised.

You saw her but missed me.

I miss my world, the peaceful days running through the woods with you, coming home to my duties and making those I have now lost proud.

I will protect what I have found now, my chosen home, my chosen family, for I have the strength to do what I couldn’t then. I have the conviction I once lacked, you brought it back. The changes in you reminded me that I as well had changed. The past is not my future, and the vast majority ought to be left behind, carrying with nothing save for the lessons learned, and the people who choose to walk forward at my side.

I go into this fight knowing I likely will not make it out, but knowing my legacy will live on, maybe then you’ll see me. Hear my clap of thunder and see my streaks of lightning. Feel my fangs and claws rip through the enemy to make an opening for those who would follow.

This war ends now. I will finally stand on my own. She gave me strength, you gave me resolve. They lift me up, you remind me to cast away those who drag me down.

I will run. I will fight, I will someday love, but that is not now, I have too much to do.

This is my goodbye.
~Luna

(Felt like typing a thing, sorta explains what the elf has been up to, hope you enjoyed this short Drabble.)

Return to “Beyond the Gates (shared)”