Challenge for Seaside (Overlord Grant)

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Challenge for Seaside (Overlord Grant)

Post by Mairead Harker »

Hello Droet,

Reign has bestowed an Overlord grant on me and I'm using it as opposed to my rights as a Warlord to challenge you for Seaside. Seaside is one of the five districts I have not served in as a Baron. I look forward to meeting you in the ring. How about we meet at my aunt's bistro in Old Temple for lunch or Kitten's Cafe in New Haven for breakfast/brunch to talk things over?

Maggie
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Alasdair Galloway
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Re: Challenge for Seaside (Overlord Grant)

Post by Alasdair Galloway »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 5 days of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within two weeks (14 days) of validation.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Droet the Bold
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Droet the Bold »

Hello Maggie,

I'll be meeting you for lunch and then meeting you sometime later in the rings. I have no intention of losing my Barony, and I will look forward to defending it. See you soon.

- Droet the Bold
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Droet and I will be meeting to duel for Seaside on Wednesday, 3 May, at 10 by the eastern clock. The Lady Max Lager will be calling for us.

Maggie
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Nicole Brock
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Nicole Brock »

Nicole's Bistro and Kitten’s Confections Bakery & Café are providing the catering for this challenge.

Food will be grilled on site with a few portable grills being brought in.

Entrées

Grilled Mixed Seafood Platter
Prepared with mild, medium, or hot Chorizo.

Grilled Sirloin

Served with or without Herbed Butter Topping.

Blackened Salmon

Banana Blossom Vegan Fish

Creamy Fettuccine and Peas with King Oyster Mushroom Scallops

Sides

Lobster Ravioli with Saffron Cream Sauce

Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta

Grilled Corn on the Cob

Grilled Vegetables

Grilled Potato Wedges

Rice Pilaf

Bread

Cheesy Garlic Bread

Desserts

Coconut-Laced Tres Leches Cupcakes

Tres Leche Cake topped with Fruit

Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Brown Sugar Glaze

Drinks

Chocolate Mocktini
dark chocolate, milk of choice, vanilla syrup, and a little freshly-brewed espresso
garnished with a chocolate sprinkles rim (non-alcoholic)

Droet's Sweet and Heat 'Rita!
pineapple juice
tequila
triple sec
lime juice
sugar/cinnamon rim
pineapple spear

Several of Droet's signature drinks were purchased from the Outback's Skybar and brought to the Arena for this challenge.

((Recipes and pictures included are the property of their original creators and are used here for illustration purposes.))
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Max Lager »

With the gift of the Overlord Grant from Reing, Mairead issued a challenge to the Senior Baron Droet, not out of issues of loyalty or friendship, but on account she hadn’t held the ring for the barony of Seaside yet. And not one to back down from a challenge, why not take on the Senior Baron, am I right?

Her colors for the evening were green, blue, and gold. And her banner features her spirit animal, the polar bear, and symbols on her heritage on a field of midnight snow. Her court of honor consists of the students of Dragon's Gate Dueling Sword School and Sarengrave House. Maggie is also honoring the memories of Jesse DeAngelo Van Bokkelen and Sylista Shadowsoul. And her Second is the Professor, Rachael Blackthorne.

Seaside’s Loyal Baron, Droet fought under a light blue and yellow banner with two crossed red swords and his Lady of Honor for the evening was the always lovely Azalea. Though he named no Second, there was still quite a crowd in the Arena this evening ready to cheer both him and Mairead on!

He elected to fight a single match for the format, and they entered the ring not long after the Overlord challenge concluded! Starting things off with a trade, Mairead then took the lead as Droet struggled to get to a defense in time. He followed up with a solid block to Mairead’s staff and they were tied 2 a piece in round 3. A brief breather in round 4 and Droet turned the tide with his water sword to take the lead in round 5, thrusting under Mairead’s staff to score first. Catching her with a low attack as she ducked down, Droet was at match point in round 6. Mairead wasn’t out of the running however, she moved forward and direct to Droet, scoring past his slash and bringing up the score to 4 – 3 in round 7. The match would conclude though in a reverse manner of the opening round, another trade and Droet took out another defense in his lengthy reign of Seaside.

Congratulations Droet and well tried Mairead!

Official Results: Droet the Bold def. Mairead Harker, 5 - 4 in 8 rounds.

Return to “The Arena”