Challenge for Old Temple

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Re: Challenge for Old Temple

Post by Andrea Anderson »

1,000 Silver Nobles on Salvador winning.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

I'll match that with 1,000 on Hope winning.

-Jewell
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

So... Does the above mean you're not doing catering or....?
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Barring previous arrangements or objections, I'll be glad to cover the costs of drinks from the Arena's bar and/or the food from the Wolves Den throughout regulation dueling hours on the night of the challenge.

Colleen
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

No, Hope. I’m not doing catering for you, but I do not object to Colleen’s generous offer. That arrangement is acceptable.

- Sal
Kruger
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Anvil

Post by Kruger »

A not-so-surreptitious note was pushed into place above all the others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Anvil would like to apologize for this intrusion into what should have been a challenge call and response between two former overlords. As much as he'd like to, he won't. Considering he's noticed the organizational affiliation from which support for the challenger has emerged, and in view of the suggestions and accusations which we have bicks dickering over. The Anvil has the following things to add:

Hope - Please allow me to field your suggestion that Sal get a squire to test you. It was during his reign as overlord where he gave the shield to The Anvil. It always bothered me that I was never able to fully serve the functions for him which I have always believed a squire should be responsible for. Therefore with approval from Baron Salvador Delahada "The Butcher of Matadero", The Anvil will be delighted to belatedly exercise that responsibility and test the ever-loving f*ck out of you.

Jewell - Delectable and exquisite Empress, The Anvil would like to point out that relatively uneventful is simply putting a spin to the words content with the status quo. He would of course add that in light of Sal's making The Anvil his squire, that there is something all of Rhydin and millions of fight fans across the continent are aware. Nothing that has The Anvil in it is ever completely uneventful.

Hope/Jewell - The Anvil may be quite wrong about all of the motivations behind your bonded banter of wingladyshipness. If he is, you should feel nothing, because our opinion is quite far beneath your contempt. However, should our thinking be close to the mark, and once again with a nod of approval from Baron Delahada. Feel free to gather in your untitled Realists, be sure to tell them to bring a second. Now let us to put this into the verbiage we believe is most commonly expected from us.

All of you all! Form line! Anvil SMASH!
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

Kruger -

Were I permitted to do so, I would gladly name you my Squire and give you the privilege you were denied before of issuing a Test on my behalf. I am honored by your enthusiasm to stand at my side. It is unfortunate that you have achieved the rank of Warlord and, as per the rules of the sport, are thus barred from achieving this glory for yourself. Perhaps I will be able to find a way to reward you otherwise in the future. In the meantime, there may be an alternative solution to satisfying your outrage. Meet with me soon and we will discuss your options.

- Sal
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

The hell are you jesters on about, respectfully?
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Max has courteously agreed to call this challenge for Monday April 17th at 9 PM EST!
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Max Lager »

Tonight I called the challenge of Old Temple, one filled with surprises and new friends!

Hope’s banner for the evening is a White and Gold Banner with the Real Rhy'Din logo and her Court of Honor are her Real Rhy'Din family with her second being The Wonderful Olaf ™️!

Then for the Baron Salvador, Salvador used no banner and named no Person(s) of Honor, but he statesd that his Second is "You'll see."

Again, Yusee, if you’re reading this: Hi!

Salvador announced that there would be a test when the format was inquired about and Karma stepped in with her Intercession Grant which she won in the latest All Ranks Tournament in the Arena. So Hope and Karma entered the ring to get down to business. It was a slow start to action, but Hope soon served up two unanswered points with the practice sword by round 3. Karma scored in the following round, and the pair seemed to take a bit of a breather for a couple of rounds before Karma tied things up 2 apiece in round 7. From there it was Hope who steady kept scoring her way to match point and won the test with a final score of 5 to 2 in 10. This of course sent the challenger straight to the Baron for the second match and its outcome would determine who stayed and who left Old Temple.

Electing to use the wooden proxy (whose name is Títere, Hi!!) to join Hope in the ring, at first Hope hesitated, uncertain if it was uncouth to fight wood with wood. At Títere’s approval (or at least, he didn’t seem to mind?), Hope pressed on with the practice sword, but it would be the wooden proxy who would score first with a direct thrust in round 2. With a follow up trade in round 3, Hope soon tied things up in round 4 at 2 a piece. Edging ahead in round 5, a short impasse occurred in round 6 before Hope struck match point in round 7. A trade would then close the match, sadly too late for Salvador’s proxy, Títere, but as a satisfactory closure of the match for Hope!

Congratulations Hope and well reigned Salvador!

Official Scoring:
FINAL: Hope def. Strawberry, 5 - 2 in 10 rounds.
FINAL: Hope def. Delahada, 5 - 3 in 8 rounds.

( Edited and added several days later..) --Oh and I forgot to mention that Hope declared Old Temple would stay Renegade! -xoxo Max

Return to “The Arena”