Opal Crystals

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Fists

Moderator: Staff

PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Opal Crystals

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Last night, when Matt was talking about his retirement and how it had been two years since the Opal shattering, I was reminded, yet again, that I never finished my story related to that. I also never openly explained what the crystals were that Collie crafted and with Anubis's help placed them into the Opals before they reformed. Jewell approved the contribution at the time.

They're along the lines of the crib crystals Collie's been giving to parents of newborns and infants. Each one matches the color of its Opal and the faint outline of a unicorn might be seen at the right angle. They are charged with protective magic to help safeguard the lives of The Opal Children in the event that the Opals shatter or otherwise go haywire again.

What effect would this have on characters that have come from alternate timelines? That's up to the player. It's been established that in the timeline Pearl and Velen had come from that Colleen had died just before the Blackest Night and was not able to place the crystals. No one knew what her intentions had been.

Return to “Duel of Fists (OOC)”