Custom Titles

A place for the players and staff to communicate, share ideas, report bugs, make suggestions, and build our community.

Moderator: Staff

Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Custom Titles

Post by Jake »

Good morning!

I had a recent inquiry about removing (or changing) a Custom Title.

For those that aren't sure what I am talking about, feel free to check out my profile, where I have the custom title of Top Thug.

A custom title was something you could purchase in the old forums. There was no module for this, it was a bit of custom code. It's something that wasn't a priority when we migrated and upgraded to the new site and new forums. But, with the recent inquiry, it seemed like a good time to circle back to it.

There are few enough things for people to spend all those nobles they are earning from their tournament wins and from writing posts, so it seems reasonable to make this feature available again.

Here's what we're thinking:

Forum members are allowed to purchase a custom title for 1000 nobles.
To request a custom title, reach out to one of the forum admins (Jake, Kalamere, Mallory, Eden).
Admins can edit the custom titles, and will accept the fee (which we'll do *something* with...I dunno, prize money for tournaments, private retirement funds, beer...something. We'll figure it out.)

That's the basics.

If at any time you'd like to have the custom title removed (you don't feel it fits any more, or whatever) you can make a request to the admins to clear the custom title at no charge.

If you have any questions, or input you'd like to add, please feel free to comment here!

-Jake
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Re: Custom Titles

Post by Jake »

One small update to the Custom Titles. They will now be visible on the left of posts (see to the left as an example) along with the poster info.

This modification to make the Custom Titles a little more attractive for those that might be interested.

-Jake

Return to “Community Townhall”