Recruiting Hosts and Callers!

Announcements from the site administrators.

Moderator: Staff

Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Recruiting Hosts and Callers!

Post by Mallory »

Hi, everyone!

I’m excited to announce that we are actively recruiting hosts and callers! We’ve already had a few of you returning to previous positions, and trained a couple of new folks, too! But with all the changes we’ve had here over the last year or so, I felt it was important to try to define what the roles are and what they do.

Hosts and callers are community members who volunteer to participate in the live chat (our IC and IC Dueling channels on Discord) at a scheduled time to encourage roleplay. Hosts are often bartenders, as our busiest IC settings tend to be bars, but if a host thinks of another job or activity that others can engage with and participate in, I encourage them to try it out!

Hosts can pick any IC setting and any time of day or night (as long as it is recurring!), but callers must pick a time during regulation dueling hours between 8 p.m. and 1 a.m. Eastern. In addition, the IC Dueling settings rotate throughout the week: Twilight Isle on Tuesdays, the Outback on Wednesdays, the Arena on Thursdays, and the Annex Friday through Monday.

Our host and caller schedule is here, as well as in the site calendar here, to give you an idea of times you can fill in. To clarify, I am fine with a host and a caller overlapping one another — Max and I often do this, and it works out pretty well!

Please reach out to me here via PM, or on Discord as Miskatonic09#8031, if you are interested in becoming a host or a caller, or if you have any questions. Thanks for reading!

Return to “Coordinator's Corner”