Learning to Dance

Stories, continued and interrupted, of beings from wherever the sky calls to the dreamers, the wind whispers to the wanderers, and the road calls to the determined.

Moderators: Pharlen, Mist Gul

Mist Gul
Adventurer
Adventurer

Learning to Dance

Post by Mist Gul »

Gymnastics and Dance classes provided much more than a fun way to gain grace, discipline, and team work skills, it also provided the parents of the children that horrified freefall of the inevitable Recitals. And costuming the kids.

Mist was immensely relieved when Xhuga Gnawbones, mother of Amaris's friend and dance partner, called to matter of factly inform him where and what to purchase for the girls upcoming performance.

"No frills, Mr. Silhain, don't make me get my battle ax out, I know how to deal with you damn bright eye elves," Xhuga reminded him darkly, "But you can send them small bouquets to the recital backstage after the show. I will now dictate small to you, because I trust you as far as I can throw you. ...Not that far, you're a skinny pup."

"I would never..." Mist protested his honor feebly. Xhuga cackled a laugh.

"No more than three roses, no more than five fill, one ribbon, one card. No picks, no balloons, no stuffies, no candy. Just flowers."

Mist grumbled.

"So it will be."

"This is just a quarterly recital. You can get fancy when they've been in a year. You just wear normal clothing. Don't you show up all Elf Lord. I will make you change."

"Mrs. Gnawbones..."

"Don't you Mrs. Gnawbones me. I've got six girls because the gods hate me and Karct, and Zhazi's the youngest. I know how these things are done. You are an absolute newbie."

"Yes, ma'am," Mist replied, surrendering to wisdom.

"Five PM Friday, Downtown Civic Center, the outdoor stage," Xhuga reminded him.

"Got it."

Return to “Crossroads”