Checking the Pulse

“The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.”

Moderators: Mallory, Eri Maeda, Patrick

Mai Sato
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Checking the Pulse

Post by Mai Sato »

The front gate of the Sato household would be open for Halloween guests and thanks to Kaho it would be quite the horrifying walk up it! The garage itself had been cleared so that it could be used as a haunted house of sorts where Saori Sato will greet trick or treaters if they dare knock on the haunted door (OooooOoo).

With Mai spending much of the day on the phone the idea of dressing up was the last one on her mind.. it's not as if she did Halloween much, but Saori insisted that she at least wear a shirt that was on theme when she was the one answering the door. Thankfully the tengu found something Halloween-y enough at JUSCO before picking up dinner for the guards posted outside the gate and the family.

The shirt was the least she could do and Mai made sure to agree with her wife that the choice was obviously made to fit Saori's own pumpkin costume (It wasn't true).
Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
Yuzuki Kuwabara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Yuzuki Kuwabara »

There was a banging sound and a shout from the staircase leading up from the dojo to the Rappapa club room, as Yuzuki hit her elbow in the process of dragging the club Christmas tree up from the storage closet. She made her way into the club headquarters with the tree swaying in her grasp, but managed to get it set in its base in the corner without toppling it with some timely help from Kaho who had been lounging and watching a basketball game.

"It's time!" she announced, taking the backpack holding their collection of ornaments and the lights from her shoulders, sending a text to Tomo, Reira and Asami to let them know the tree decorating was ready to begin. Of course the grand finale would have to wait, for Asami to set the tree topper in place. "It's tradition" Yuzuki said tranquilly, waiting for Asami to emerge from the office.
Momiji Kujou
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Momiji Kujou »

Goalkeeper Momiji Kujou represented the Kabuki Kaiju's FC during the award ceremony of the Dragon League Champions Cup this Sunday night. She thanked all fans throughout the realms with a passionate speech before being heft up onto the shoulders of her teammates.

"We'd like to thank all the fans all over Rhydin and beyond! When I put on my kit for the first game the only thing I had on my mind was doing my best this season for everyone back in Kabuki.. and to think we came out of the season ranked one, it's exciting and I kept asking my teammates to pinch me because this might be a dream..! We did it, Kabuki! We did it!"
Raven Sparrow
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Raven Sparrow »

This Friday night on KabukiTV!

A MONSTER MASH from Spike's Landing!

The Return of Godzilla - Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - Godzilla vs. Mothra

This Friday Night Fright Fest will begin at Spike's Landing as we take out to the waters to try and catch sight of what lurks beneath the waves..! Test your Godzilla knowledge by calling in throughout the show for a chance to win prizes!
Haku Kubo
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Haku Kubo »

Hanami Harmony's

October 6th - November 12th
Multiple Performances Daily
Sponsored by Dragon Express

Hanami Harmony's "Kabuki Theatre" - Dockside, North Kabuki Street
Yuzuki Kuwabara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yuzuki stayed late at the dojo, decorating with some help from Kaho for halloween. For the Friday night before Halloween, she invited all the Little Dragons to wear their costumes and have a party with her in place of the regular lesson. With lots of festive sweets and treats, full bowls of candy to plunder and a suitably spooky inflatable ghost outside on the sidewalk to greet everyone it was no surprise that given the prospect of treats, quite a few of the local shrimps crashed the party whether they were students at the Kabuki Honbu Dojo or not.

Koro the Rappapa dog even joined in the party, and wore a costume of his own.

PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PC »

Na-rae made sure to come in early edit the playlist of the sound system before Izumi's arrival so that the employee's of Pachinko Palace and Izumi would know it's that time of year. Palace music (that can be heard when not drown out by pachinko machines and their players) began to include tracks from Taeyeon's This Christmas: Winter Is Coming album.
Mai Sato
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mai Sato »

Maeda Sato Family Group Text: I'm not in town right now but I've got some boxes in the garage that need to go. A couple of TVs and other goods so if you two want to swing by and look through and grab what you want that would be great.
Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Maeda-Sato Family Group Text: Well that's me and Eri's gift to ourselves sorted.
Maeda-Sato Family Group Text: We took a TV and something that looks like a coffee machine? The instructions are in a language I don't recognize. They use Giant runes but it's not Giant, and it's not Gnomish either.
Maeda-Sato Family Group Text: I'll figure it out. I have *spells*
Takajin
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Takajin »

Only Club Group Chat: did you hear?! the alleyway next to village vanguard is haunted! The Watanabe twins told Min-seo who told Riris little brother who then told Riri who then told me that they heard crying in the alley and when they went to look they found nothing! I think the crying ghost is back again! 😱😱😱😱

Only Club Group Chat: don't even want to walk past it someone save me

Only Club Group Chat: with a car because I got lots of bags
Yuzuki Kuwabara
Adventurer
Adventurer

It was late Thursday evening when Yuzuki arrived back at the building which served as both the Kabuki Honbu Dojo and the Brassband Club Headquarters. There were no classes in the ground floor tonight, only Koro following the short delinquent along with clicking toenails as she pulled the artificial Christmas tree out of the storage area beneath the stairs. As in years before she seemed entirely unaware that it could be disassembled for more convenient transportation and so she arrived upstairs to meet the rest of Rappapa she had called together, along with Asami who was already in her office staggering with the tree nearly toppling with every step.

"It's time again!" she exclaimed. The yearly sacred Rappapa tradition began the week with Yuzuki serving a thanksgiving dinner here, and now the next step, the decoration of the tree. "How come we put it up here. Wouldn't it be better downstairs in the big window where more people will see it from the sidewalk?" Kaho wanted to know.

"Tradition" Yuzuki answered, going to the cabinet at the far wall, and bringing out the badly tangled strands of Christmas lights that would have to be gone through and untangled, and the old backpack from someone's KSCS locker that still contained their assortment of Christmas ornaments. "These are Rappapa's beloved tradtitions and ways! Now, who's gonna go get Asami so she can put the tree topper on?" she asked.
Haku Kubo
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Haku Kubo »

Hanami Harmony's

December 1st - December 24th
Nightly Performances
Sponsored by Dragon Express

Hanami Harmony's "Kabuki Theatre" - Dockside, North Kabuki Street

Return to “Blood of the Covenant”