OOC: Hydra Dashboard

The Second Best Dueling Event of the Year!
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Harris had an idea about viewing a sort of duel point differential. Where we can see how many points a duelist has given up to other hydra participants as compared to how many points they've earned for the week.

Since I thought it was neat and not all that difficult to add, you will now see this number on the Regulation Duels pages in the individual duelist's table, labeled as "+ / - Rate".

The number has no impact on anything.. it's just sorta statistically interesting.

~Kal
Hydra Corporation
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Hydra Corporation »

Awesome work, Kal.
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Napoleon Bonarat »

For the +/- column. Is it better to have a positive number or a negative number?

My points are 23 and +/- is 14. My duels: 5-2.5, 5-3, 5-3.5, 2-5

Sylus's points are 26 and his +/- is 26. His duels: 5-4, 5-2, 5-2, 4-5.

I don't understand the math. (I picked Sylus because his number is the highest.)
Napoleon Bonarat
PiRATes From Heck | Champions of Mythos | Badside Brawlers | CrushBob
Elijah
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Solaris Manor or Dancing Dragon Cantina, RhyDin city

Post by Elijah »

Yeah, is it better to have a higher +/- number or a lower even negative number seems to be the question?

The first week of Hydra I went like 9-6 with Joku but there were a lot of close loses/wins for me to reach 32 Hydra points, the second week I think I went like 4-4 but had a shutout which gave me a better Hydra score and a lower number of total duels and my +/- number was a lower numerical value. Since I caught in a previous post about your duels versus others besides your "4" best Hydra duels for your personal score but all your duels that are registered for the week, because obviously other Hydra duelers best 4 duels could be one of your "worse" duels not counted for your own Hydra score.

my first ever attempt at TL/DR: Even though your Hydra score is compromised of your best duels of the week, the "+/-" value is compromised of ALL your duels of the week.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

A plus is better. Essentially a + means you scored more points than you gave up to other teams, whereas a - means you gave up more points than you scored for your team.

The disparity you're seeing with Sylus is that the three wins he has up to this point were not the best duels for his opponents, and therefore didn't factor into their scores. His wins over Apple, Rachael, and Rena were not their best duels this week, which means they don't count for them and he didn't give any of them points. His 5-4 loss was against Joey, who isn't in Hydra, which again means he didn't give up any points even though he lost.

The +/- only factors in duels that count toward score for yourself or your opponent. It doesn't factor in ALL duels. Just the ones where you either gave up points to another team or gained points for your team.
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

OK. So that means if I stop dueling now, it's possible my +/- will get better as the opponents I beat improve their score and possibly their duel with me drops from their top four?
Napoleon Bonarat
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Right. If the opponents you beat put up better scores in the next two days, their losses to you will drop off and your +/- will shift accordingly. Like all the other stats, +/- is real time, so it can fluctuate from night to night.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Harris has the right of it and, yes, Napoleon that is correct.

Next on the request list was to figure out a way to display WoL. I may get this together over the weekend still, but I'll let you know.

~Kal
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Lem requested a view of WoL percentages. It's not really pretty and doesn't have a minimum duels concept which kinda messes up the numbers, but here ya go:

http://duelingzone.org/hydra/wol.php

I don't have it linked off the page anywhere.. Not sure of it's value in the current state.

~Kal
Elijah
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Solaris Manor or Dancing Dragon Cantina, RhyDin city

Post by Elijah »

Nice, thanks for the confirmation on the clarification, and nice to see it only counts duels that are for score of your or others top 4s, and "dead duels" get dropped off.

This doesn't seem true for the WoL sheet though does it? Seems like Joku's total duels are in there, not ones that just counted for his or others Hydra scores with "dead duels" also in that WoL count.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Granted it's like way late, but a DRT icon for the Hydra site.

Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Not late at all, no worries =)

Graphic slightly edited to make it square / fit required dimensions and placed on the site.

~Kal
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Elijah wrote:This doesn't seem true for the WoL sheet though does it? Seems like Joku's total duels are in there, not ones that just counted for his or others Hydra scores with "dead duels" also in that WoL count.
That is correct. The WoL display is showing all duels, including those that didn't count towards anyone's score.
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

I like Team Dirty's logo!
Napoleon Bonarat
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

FYI

Something is up with the hydra dashboard on duelingzone. I'm not sure what is going on and won't really have a chance to investigate until sometime tonight.

In the meantime, you can view a mirror of the dashboard here: http://acceptablelosses.org/hydra2/

~Kal

Return to “The Hydra's Den”