Questions Thread

Moderators: Achievements, Staff

PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

A few questions today!

Has Get G'nort been reinstated as an achievement since G is back in charge of DoS?

Will Coven Killer which currently states:
Defeat Norah, Corlanthis, Matt, Kheldar, Lem, and Mur in their respective sports
be updated to:
Defeat G'nort, Apple, Matt, Kheldar, Lem, and Rena in their respective sports?

Will Neutralize Norah be retired?

Thanks!
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Soon, yes. To all those. Trying to get ready for the next wave of achievements.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Q. What is considered a "Title" as far as achievements are concerned?

A. Titles are considered as the top prizes in each sport.

In Swords, Titles are:
Overlord
Barons

In Fists, Titles are:
Diamond
Opals

In Magic, Titles are:
Archmage
Keepers

As such, Talon of Redwin, Panthers Claw, Ring of Klytus, Squires, Mentees, and Neophytes are not considered titles.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Question time!
Regarding:
Awe Gain 5 wins over losses in one sport in a 7 day period
Awesome Gain 10 wins over losses in one sport in a 7 day period
Awesomeriffic Gain 15 wins over losses in one sport in a 7 day period

Does this apply to all duels listed in the standings? For instance, several people gained WoL for the Talon Tournament would those count?

Thank you!
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Mairead Harker wrote:Question time!
Regarding:
Awe Gain 5 wins over losses in one sport in a 7 day period
Awesome Gain 10 wins over losses in one sport in a 7 day period
Awesomeriffic Gain 15 wins over losses in one sport in a 7 day period

Does this apply to all duels listed in the standings? For instance, several people gained WoL for the Talon Tournament would those count?

Thank you!
Tournaments that allow wins to be kept(eg. ToR) do count towards these achievements.

So, the 3 wins gained by Mairead in the recent ToR can be put towards the "5 wins over losses in one sport in a 7 day period" achievement, and so on.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Noah Bird
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Location: Red Dragon Inn, Shimmerscale lair, Arcadia, and ROH Rings

Post by Noah Bird »

Hey, will Hydra winners get an icon?
Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be. ~Robert Brault,

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Noah Bird wrote:Hey, will Hydra winners get an icon?
I don't know. I would direct the question to Sylus or in the Hydra folder. Icon's in general are not achievements. You can request certain achievements for participating in Hydra, such as "No I in Team" or "Sweep the Leg" etc. providing you qualify for those achievements. But Hydra icons themselves would not be considered an achievement responsibility.

Hope this helps!
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Noah Bird
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Location: Red Dragon Inn, Shimmerscale lair, Arcadia, and ROH Rings

Post by Noah Bird »

G wrote:
Noah Bird wrote:Hey, will Hydra winners get an icon?
I don't know. I would direct the question to Sylus or in the Hydra folder. Icon's in general are not achievements. You can request certain achievements for participating in Hydra, such as "No I in Team" or "Sweep the Leg" etc. providing you qualify for those achievements. But Hydra icons themselves would not be considered an achievement responsibility.

Hope this helps!
For Sweep the leg
In the regular season of hydra I won both of my fights. do that mean I can ask for that icon?

Racheal answer my question.
Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be. ~Robert Brault,

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Noah Bird wrote: For Sweep the leg
In the regular season of hydra I won both of my fights. do that mean I can ask for that icon?

Racheal answer my question.
No, Sweep the Leg is for when your team wins all of their matchups in a given week. It's not an individual achievement. You can find all the descriptions for the achievements here.

http://www.ringsofhonor.org/achievements.php

This will tell you what achievements are for which.

Regards,
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Re: Questions Thread

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Apologies if this is a bit of necro-bumping for this thread, but I think that with the new Barony of Cadentia in place now, there are some new questions that come with it.
  1. The Gatekeeper achievement for holding all seven Baronies in the course of a dueling career should be changed to eight now with Cadentia, right? I don't think it makes sense to retroactively take this achievement away from anyone who received it prior to the eighth Barony being added (right now, that list is just Aya Hayashibara and G), but moving forward it should be the eight Baronies, right?
  2. Similar situation with Working-Class Hero, for beating all the Barons. I'd assume we grandfather the two winners prior to Cadentia being added (G and Gren Blockman), but anyone going for this moving forward would have to beat eight Barons and not the original seven, right?
I hope that makes sense -- let me know if it doesn't!
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PC »

Bailey Raptis wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:52 am Apologies if this is a bit of necro-bumping for this thread, but I think that with the new Barony of Cadentia in place now, there are some new questions that come with it.
  1. The Gatekeeper achievement for holding all seven Baronies in the course of a dueling career should be changed to eight now with Cadentia, right? I don't think it makes sense to retroactively take this achievement away from anyone who received it prior to the eighth Barony being added (right now, that list is just Aya Hayashibara and G), but moving forward it should be the eight Baronies, right?
  2. Similar situation with Working-Class Hero, for beating all the Barons. I'd assume we grandfather the two winners prior to Cadentia being added (G and Gren Blockman), but anyone going for this moving forward would have to beat eight Barons and not the original seven, right?
I hope that makes sense -- let me know if it doesn't!
Players who have already gained these achievements don't need to worry about them being removed due to the addition of the Cadentia Barony. And yes, anyone who has not gained the achievements yet will have to add Cadentia to their requirements list. The text will be updated soon!
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Thank you! :D
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PC »

Bailey Raptis wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:37 pm Thank you! :D
The text is now updated. Thanks for the nudge!
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

I have a question about the Talon of Redwin and Last Person Standing Achievements.
Normally, these are earned by the Talon of Redwin and Warlord Tournament winners, respectively. However, the tournaments have been combined into an all ranks tournament for a couple of cycles. Can winning the Talon at the ART or winning the Warlord level prizes (such as Maggie having gone undefeated in the most recent one) be counted toward these achievements?
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Mairead Harker wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:46 am I have a question about the Talon of Redwin and Last Person Standing Achievements.
Normally, these are earned by the Talon of Redwin and Warlord Tournament winners, respectively. However, the tournaments have been combined into an all ranks tournament for a couple of cycles. Can winning the Talon at the ART or winning the Warlord level prizes (such as Maggie having gone undefeated in the most recent one) be counted toward these achievements?
The DoS All Ranks will replace the WLT and Talon tournament as far as qualifying for those 2 achievements. Later today I'll get the language on them updated to reflect that. Winner of the ART will qualify for Last Person Standing and whoever walks away with the Talon will qualify for the Talon achievement.

Return to “Achievement Awards”