A Master and His Canvas (Warning: Mature Content)

Tales of Jaycynda Ashleana and her associates.

Moderators: PslyderFTA, Jaycy Ashleana

Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Pin-ups and Lovers’ Spats

The door leading to the basement opened and through the space slipped Jaycy. In her jeans, shirt and jacket combination, she paused just in front of that door, unafraid of being struck by it or someone walking behind her. Hands slid in the pockets of her bomber jacket and she took a moment to peer around. Her head canted to the left, just slightly, in her perusal. Then, finally, she resumed movement - toward the front door.

Vorn's appearance was a blur of motion, a draft of wind in his wake as he swept through and around the sparse crowd. Within a second after the door had closed behind him, he was behind the bar, filling a mug with a thick black substance most wouldn't even consider ale. Once it was filled, he struck a match against the zipper of his pants and lit the blood-red cigarette hanging from his lips.

Her gaze shifted and she paused mid-step, curiously peering at the ... dancing ... birds. She'd seen them the first time but it took a moment for recognition of what she was viewing to come. A soft chuckle at the birds, but she noticed a newcomer behind the bar. Her face suddenly split in a wide grin and the birds were forgotten. She strolled, so casually, toward the bar.

He took his time heading back around, however, hopping onto a stool and leaning back against the bar to face the fireplace. It seemed his only rush was to get out of the stinking alleyway - something must have died there quite recently - and get something to drink. Then his wandering gaze caught its favorite sight as of late. "...'ello m'lovely." Even the distraction of the birds flying about wasn't enough to peel his eyes away.

Steps halted just outside of his arm's reach, hands remained tucked in her pockets. She knew his speed, all too well, and knew he would have no trouble reaching her. She grinned at him though, a devious and almost dark expression. It was possible she was in a mood to tease and torture; whatever the mood though it seemed to be a good one. “Evenin', love. How're you?” Her head tilted again, fleetingly, before straightening, peering at him.

"Much better now," Vorn smiled, sipping from his mug. He didn't reach out for her... not yet... but her expression was not lost on him - far from it. "That smile means yer up t'no good, or I'm a sirraschla." The word would likely be familiar; he'd spoken of that very creature before.

“Not yet.” The grin broadened a hint. “Do you want me to be up to no good?” She shifted her stance, settling the bulk of her weight on her right foot. Green-gold eyes glimmered with the laughter that she wouldn't dare express otherwise. “What're you doing tonight?”

A smirking laugh sent smoke from Vorn's lips in a series of small clouds. "D'pends on what y'call no good... an' y'should know by now, I don't make plans, love." The mug was set aside on the bar behind him, and his hand reached out. "Care for a seat?" Of course, he was offering his lap.

Her gaze dropped first to the hand and then the offered seat. Oh ... her eyes suddenly lit up with mischief as a thought occured to her. “No.” Ignoring the outstretched hand, she took a few steps in. She moved close enough to come within his personal space, standing on tiptoes. Murmuring, she was careful not to make contact with him. "If you touch me before I allow you, I'll not make love to you tonight." Of course, the implication was that if he could comply, she would grant him that reward. After her words, she remained where she was, brows lifting. Was he up to it?

A long, deep draw from that cigarette came as Jaycy's words sunk in. He'd likely need another after this one was done. "S'many games y'play, love." His fingers wiggled at her in a teasing sort of threat, both arms wrapped as always in those long strips of cloth that only she would recognize. He would, however, keep his hands to himself. "...what is it y'enjoy s'much about torturin' me?"

She sobered a moment. “Because you haven't told me you don't like it. In fact, it seems you do.” Then, the grin bloomed on her face once more. “Besides, the release after relenting is so much the better.” She paused, then a brow rose. “What was it? ... 'well worth the wait'?” Her tongue peeked out, licking her lips. He may have planned to comply, but she likely wasn't going to make it easy.

"There are times I wonder if yer th'devil, love." Discipline was not his strong suit, and it showed as he took up his ale with one hand and thrust the other firmly into his pocket to keep it from wandering. "...never was one for games, but y've got every card in th'deck, it seems."

Again she leaned in to whisper, but remained careful not to make physical contact. "All you need to do is say the word and I'll stop, love." That was said seriously. She knew everyone had their limits; she'd meant to play with him not make him angry. "Remember this, too. It's going to be just as hard for me. I want you." There was an emphasis on the word want, to convey just how much. She wouldn't say need, even if she thought it. The word might as well have been implied anyway. A moment later she pulled away, stepping fully out of range. “I need dinner. Are you hungry, love?” Her gaze turned toward a booth in silent invitation before returning toward him, seeking to meet dark eyes.

"...I'm drinkin' m'dinner, love." At this rate, he'd be drinking a lot of it. He did, however, lean in to whisper in return, crushing the spent cigarette in a nearby tray as he slipped carefully down from the barstool. "I'd suffer much worse than this for you..." The tone of his voice quite clearly implied she was the only one he'd endure this torture for. "...an' if y'stop, an' leave me alone t'night, I won't forgive m'self."
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

She tilted her head to better hear the response. His words rolled through her mind a moment, then she gave a short nod, once more speaking quietly. "On my honor, Vorn Garridan, I'll never play such games and then leave you to suffer ..." She paused a moment, then clarified. "Unless there's an emergency." She couldn't say Psly or Kel would never call and she had to be honest that she would in fact answer if they needed her.

“I promise.” She repeated the words after the whisper, then with a too-bright grin the game was on again. “I'm hungry. I'm going to eat, either here or somewhere else. I'd like your company, if you've nothing else pressing.”

"I'll hold y'to that, love," came the simple muttered reply... although it was quite obvious he'd rather just take her back into the kitchen and have her for dinner. "Don't f**k with me, y'know I've nothin' more pressin' when it comes t'you." Vorn smirked, shaking his head with the louder retort. "As for food, what d'ya usually eat?" It had just now occurred to him they'd never actually had dinner before.

She merely mirrored the smirk and quirked a brow. She held the expression for a moment, then retorted. “Oh, you said food, aye? Most usual things.” Finally she shifted over, toward a stool. That, she eased up onto. “I think I may want a hot dog. Are you sure you don't want anything else?”

"That doesn' sound too bad t'me. Keep it parked, love... I'll be back." This was one of those times Vorn's speed could be quite useful. Before the last word was out of his mouth, he was gone, the swinging of the back door to the alley the only trace of his destination.

Her brows furrowed, head turning to peer around for him. The kitchen door had not been disturbed so she assumed that wasn't his plan. After a moment, she chuckled softly and spun on the stool to face the bar, leaning in and resting her elbows lightly on the top. She tilted her head slightly. She didn't seem to be peering at anything; rather the distant, fuzzy gaze and slight smile may have served as an indication that she was lost in her own thoughts. Hands clasped on the bartop.

Vorn's speed was a marvel, but that wasn't quite the case at the sidewalk stand he visited. But he finally returned, taking a seat next to Jaycy at the bar as if he'd never left, setting down a plate of four hot dogs and several small cups of condiments. "Sorry 'bout that... ol' Smit was a bit backed up, but e's still th'best in town."

She blinked, pulled from her reverie. For a moment she gave him a blank stare, not sure what he meant. Then, however, she managed to note the new additions on the bartop and suddenly she grinned. “Aye, I've had them before. A friend introduced me to that stand. I didn't realize that was where you had gone, though. Thank you.” She reached out for the hot dog nearest her.

"Well, y'said y'were hungry..." he winked. "...an' it might be cheatin', but it certainly helped w'yer lil' game, did it not?" Now he had food as another distraction. Yes, distractions were good.

“Oh, it wasn't cheating.” The grin faded but a hint of it remained. Hot dog firmly in hand, she turned her wrist enough to make it perpendicular to the bartop. The very edge of the hot dog, the end peeking out from the bun, she dipped into the ketchup bowl. With a lift of her brows, green-gold eyes focused on him, she tilted the hot dog once more and then took a bite of that end. Her attempt to look "sexy" with the bite was in fact intended to be more humorous than anything else, though.

Vorn ate like a machine, sparing little time in demolishing two of them in the time it took Jaycy to make that teasing display. "Oh, now yer just f'ckin' with me," he laughed, shaking his head and chasing it with a gulp of ale. "How long d'ya wanna play this lil' game anyway?" His gaze leveled upon her then, playfully curious for the most part, but there was a deeper glint in his eyes as well.

A resounding thud rang out from the porch, and the door swung open. Victor came tonight without his beloved passenger, so he made little effort to soften the landing. Shining wings retracted as he headed for the bar, seemingly lost in his own world for the moment, staring into the comm display on his arm and projecting a series of images with his eye. They came and went too fast to be easily deciphered, but if one were to hazard a guess, it looked like he was making event flyers.

She flicked a glance toward the distracted man before she found her attention drawn once more by Vorn. The hot dog was garnished with both ketchup and mustard and she took a proper bite, chewing and swallowing before answering. “That depends. How much am I going to pay for it?”

"Th'longer y'pain me, th'longer I shall pain you, m'lovely." His grin turned somewhat sinister at the last, and all of its devious implications. He'd have noticed the seraph right away were it not for that question, which kept his eyes in place as well as his thoughts.

Rounding the corner of the bar and taking up a mug, Victor absently filled it, until a familiar voice caught his ear. "...Vorn?" His cybernetic eye slid in that direction, seeming to scan the bladecatcher, even as his true one kept its watch on the ale. It would be a somewhat disturbing sight for those not familiar with it.

“I'm so torn.” Hearing him, she chuckled. Too, there was a subtle flush on her cheeks as thoughts and memories began to play in her head. However, the man calling his name made her attention turn, back toward the one she'd noted a moment before. She tilted her head; if there was any other reaction to his incongruous eyes, she managed to contain it.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Another distraction. It seemed the world conspired to help him with Jaycy's challenge. "I'll b'damned. Yer maneater let y'off yer chain, did she?" Vorn grinned, almost poking at Jaycy to make an introduction, but held back as he remembered the rules. He cast her a simple glance instead. "Well. Jaycy... that big pile o'metal is Vic Kazon." Turning his gaze back to the seraph, "...this here's m'lovely Jaycy... sh's crazy, but... hell, aren't we all?"

Rolling his eyes at the 'maneater' bit, Vic smiled and nodded to Jaycy. "Pleased to meet you." His cybernetic eye seemed to shift frequencies as he looked her over, and a fingertip ticked on the tip of his chin thoughtfully.

She returned the nod after granting Vorn an arch look. “Crazy, hrm?” That was all she said to the bladecatcher before she shifted, setting the hot dog down to greet Victor properly. “Well met, indeed. Do I need to offer my condolences, as it seems you know him somewhat well?” She flashed Vorn a grin.

"Oh, stop that, y'bastard!" Vorn's eyes widened slightly, recognizing that look. "Psst..." He whispered softly in Jaycy's ear, despite knowing the seraph would hear every word. "He just looked right through yer clothes, love." She didn't even blink. Instead, she just chuckled and leaned over slightly to murmur. "Too many have seen me without clothes for me to care. ... he's not touching, after all."

"I do, and that's a damned lie." Vic shook his head, smirking. "...at least... not... bah." Flustered, he simply sighed. "It's for a good cause, damn it." Coming to stand across from them behind the bar, he set down his mug. "My apologies, my lady." He was slightly curious about her comment, but as she'd whispered it so quietly, he'd at least pretend not to have heard.

Vorn only shrugged; if it was something she didn't mind, who was he to judge? Victor, on the other hand... "A good cause? Hah, yer ball an'chain know yer roamin 'round doin' that?"

“I'm no lady, just Jaycy.” She smiled toward Victor. “There's nothing to apologize for, either.” Of course, she couldn't let Vorn get away without one last word. “The bonfire.” Alright, two words. That concluded, Victor is her focus again. “Good cause?”

"Actually, she asked me to." His grin to Vorn was a triumphant "bet you didn't see that coming!" before his attention returned to Jaycy. "...and yes. I'm looking for pretty ladies, to take pictures."

It wasn't often that Kelathe found herself with a night to herself. Hands tucked into the pockets of her duster, she moved quietly towards the lighted depths of the Inn. She wasn't used to coming here, but, for once, she thought she might try it. Besides, she felt that she would find just the company she needed inside. The albino woman moved sinously towards the door, opening it with little fanfare, and slipped inside. Crimson eyes darted around the room, seeking.
"What in th'nine are y'up to?" Vorn laughed, almost spilling his ale in the process. "Don't y'already have pictures o'damn near everythin' in a skirt in that eyeball o'yers?"

“Mmm.” Jaycy tilted her head. “How is that a good cause, exactly? I'd assumed good causes were more ... philanthropic.” Suddenly, she turned on the stool, spinning to face the room at large. She knew it was rude, but... “Kel? Are things alright?” Quickly she found the woman, brows furrowing momentarily.

From the snow white hair, and the smile on her lips, things were definitely alright. She slid towards Jaycy, hands still tucked in her pockets. "Yes, love. Things are fine. I just...needed to get out and about for a bit." Jaycy grinned, expression clearing, and wiggled her fingers to the woman. Come, give a hug, the movement said. She obliged the smaller woman, with an even wider smile on her face. She buried her face in Jaycy's hair, as her arms went around her.

"Well, it's for..." Victor began, but silenced as she turned her back on him. Instead, he drew his pipe from its pouch and filled it, turning his attention to Vorn.

“Mmm.” She pulled Kel close, though not quite in her lap. Without really letting go, though, she turned her eyes up toward Vorn. “Love, this is Kel. Kel, this is ... Vorn, and Vic.” She included him in the introductions then, gently nudging Kel into a more central position so she could see the two men as well.

The name was familiar, and after a moment, Vorn's eyes lit with recognition. Kel. One of the three Jaycy had spoken of when he inked her. The snake. This certainly made the game easier. "...'s complicated," was the only explanation he truly had for the seraph, and he pulled a cigarette from his pack and lit it with a match struck on his zipper.

She gave a rather sheepish grin, and her most polite nod. "Hello Vorn." Oh how she blushed then. "Hello Vic." She kept her hands on Jaycy, fingers trembling.

"Hmm..." The frequencies in his eye shifted once again, and his smile returned. Two is better than one, after all. "Pleased to meet you... and what perfect timing."

Vorn gave Kel a strange, knowing smile, and nodded. "So yer th'one she speaks s'well of. Nice t'put a face t'th'name." He did, however, catch that shift in Victor's eyes. "Damn y'man, stop that!" Vorn shook his head, hardly able to keep from laughing.

The hot dogs were regrettably forgotten, and she hugged Kel all the tighter. A smile graced for Vorn, then she spoke to Victor. “My apologies. Good cause?” She attempted to keep the mood light, even as her hand ran lightly down Kel's back.

A thin, ebon streak wound its way down one of Kel’s snowy white curls, and she blushed again. "Nice to put a...." She simpy trailed off. After all, social graces, she had not.

"Yes, believe it or not." A draw from his pipe, then he continued, smoke shrouding his words. "My Nischa and I are raising money for an orphanage, and she came up with the idea of securing models for... well... pin-up photos." He tapped his mana eye, indicating the 'camera'.

Vorn shook his head for a moment, until he realized... "...shit, y'd make a fortune..." Victor nodded to the bladecatcher, "Exactly."
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Kel blinked, crimson gaze going back and forth between the two men. "Pin....up?" She tried, desperately, not to look mortified. Simultaneously, both of Jaycy’s brows lifted. “Pin-up photos? What are those?”

There is an air about her, but it's most certainly not magic; a presence born and learned, perhaps honed even. As an almost too-tall figure streams slowly into the bar, bird fine digits peel through the straight cayenne falls of her hair, taking back the order the wind inspired with it's playful sense of chaos. The inn's light catches a sharp silver highlight about her wrist; mithril, pure and crafted just so. Like a river knows it's path, so too did the siren; it led to her seraph.

The albino woman shared an image through their link for reference. "Y'ever seen th'model shots from th'magazines?" Vorn offered at the same time, but was interrupted...

An image projected from Victor's eye in their midst of the first of his pin-ups, already taken the night before - his Nischa. Anya would arrive to see the lovely picture of herself hovering before the three.

She glanced down toward Kel, then up and over to the two gentlemen. Soon, though, she added the newest arrival to their group in her attentions, and she offered a polite nod of hello. Her arms remained curled around Kel, comfortingly, fingers walking up and down her back in gentle rubbing. If it were possible for a snake to purr, Kel would be doing so. She leaned into Jaycy's touch, trying hard not to blush again.

"I think the two of you would be lovely candidates." Victor smiled, then dispelled the image as the real thing arrived. "...Hello, my love." The image was certainly enough to give Vorn a slick grin. The siren in the flesh, on the other hand, was creepy, and Vorn's eyes turned back to Jaycy and Kel.

"I know I mentioned taking a portrait to last the hours between our time seem less lenghty, Victor..." She paused, her eyes ticking along the company he'd collected with a slow, almost knowing grin. The grin had sharp teeth, but the curl at her lips was harmless enough for the moment. "Evening... Do not mind him, he takes up the projects I entertain ideas for quite zealously." Those crystalline hues fell back to the man in question, her smile only growing. "Vischa..."

“What did you say the cause was, again? An orphanage?” The hand moved up, to tangle in Kel's mostly white hair, stroking. Every so often she would curl a lock around a finger, but then returned soon to petting. "I'd have to ask Neo's permission first, " Kel added. Her fingers walked up and down Jaycy's sides, as she closed her crimson eyes. Despite what she had told her, she did look weary.

"Yes," Victor nodded, then shot a grin to Anya. "What? Ha, you yourself were gathering models just the night before."

"It is... Contrary to the belief of many, I do have a heart." It was all she offered, though her voice was comely and toned enough; altogether different, no doubt than what the seraph was used to. "Mm, men approaching about such subjects is not often welcomed.. That smile of yours tells a different story than some might think." Was that a slow, drawling sort of, insulting tease? Perhaps just a touch.

As I'm sure he's spilled quite enough already, I can only assure you both it is most assuredly for a cause worth while. All if it is to your comfort zone as well... One does not need to be splayed as an orchid to be a true beauty." She crooned softly to Jaycy and Kel.

A light purr emanated from Jaycy in response to the touch from the albino - she could truly purr. “I might do it, if Kel can. And with her, mayhap.” She stole a glance at Vorn, grin resurfacing for just a moment. Kel turned her face aside, hiding a sharp fanged grin in Jaycy's shoulder. She peeked over at Anyanka, forked tongue flickering between her lips.

The thought brought a smile to his lips, but he waggled a finger at Jaycy as if to say now now, remember what I said before. "I've just got t'see this..." Vorn snickered, his eyes turning back to Victor and Anya. "...when are y'doin' all this?"

All manner of tooth and tongue were enough the norm for the siren, she took in Kel's flicker flick. Hearing Vorn speak again, however, Anya regained control of her more engaging expression and tipped her head towards the door in an almost bird like fashion. "My home or the theatre I work for, I'm not quite sure which just yet... Though with myself being quite private and unknown to most, something like the theatre might be a bit more comfortable to those volunteering."

The look returned to Vorn might as well have said What makes you think I'm not doing it on purpose? Misinterpreting the silent message from Vorn, she pursed her lips in a kiss over Kel's head, but her hand tightened in the woman's hair briefly. Kel closed her eyes briefly, eyelids flickering as her eyelashes fluttered. She leaned down to whisper in Jaycy's ear, just loud enough for Vorn to overhear. "I have... permission."

Victor simply shrugged, as if the location was the least of his concern, but reaffirmed the notion nonetheless. "You have a point. Besides, it would become rather crowded at the house... and then there's Cerre to worry about..." He then turned to Jaycy and Kel with a smile. "Perfect. I think we have a fine roster now."

Shaking his head, Vorn sipped from his ale. Oddly enough, it seemed the 'game' had lost much of its appeal to him now. There was no challenge in it anymore with the crowd that had gathered around them.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

"Indeed.." This applied to both counts of Victor's words really; two birds with one stone seemed to be the theme for the evening. Pleased with her timing, and further pleased with the company, Anyanka slid up into a stool. Each movement bellied the fluidity of water given flesh to play beneath; smooth and natural, though almost snake like really in some ways. It took a bit getting used to for some, but the siren tipped her head towards Jaycy and Kel once more. "Yours names?" She prompted politely.

"Bah, where are my manners." Vic sighed, shaking his head. Overzealous as always, his mind was locked on the task and he'd forgotten to even make introductions. "Jaycy, Kel, Vorn... this is my beloved Nischa, Anyanka."

Her crimson gaze swept up and over the crowded room, and she seemed to lean closer to Jaycy. Her position relative to hers on the stool would have been uncomfortable for any other than her. Utterly content to have Kel so close, she continued to gently run her fingers through the mostly-white hair, and down her back. “Well met, m'lady, I'm Jaycy.” She allowed Kel the opportunity to introduce herself to this woman. “Anyanka.” She amended at the introduction from Victor.

Another quick smile at Anyanka came from Kel. She turned her gaze back to Vorn, head tilting to the side as she studied him, rather intently. Vorn nodded simply to the siren, having seen her before, even if never properly introduced.

Jaycy's thoughts ran mirror to Vorn's of their game, and she slanted him a look with a faint, wry smile and a tilt of her head. Game over. Though it was an idea she shelved, to resume at a later date. It was simply too easy now. Oh, the smile that crossed Kel’s lips though. She reached out, almost casually, and ran her fingers across Jaycy's cheek, tilting her face towards hers.

"A lady in image and grace only, I assure you, lovely Jaycy." There was a fine, silent, unobtrusive draw of air through the siren's nostrils; it told her much, though parting her lips a hair's width told her more. Tri tipped ears wreaked all sorts of high ended, elegant havoc through the straight fall of her inhumanly bright mane. Those eyes fell to Kel then, lashes lowering a touch. "Those who speak the least, hold the most weight to their words..." She murmured quietly, though it was meant to be heard. Those lidded hues spilled the oceanic tint towards Vorn then, before bouncing back between the two women. Interesting. Eyes to Victor then. "Devious instigator." She teased.

Jaycy's gaze was returned with a dull, distant shrug, and he finished his ale, turning to stare off toward the hearth. It wasn't jealousy that stained his expression so much as disappointment; the promise the night had for him was quite thoroughly ruined. "...hm, I should be gettin' back t'th'studio. I've preparin' still t'do."

"I do my best, love," Vic grinned from ear to ear. "I haven't disappointed, now, have I?"

Gaze flickered momentarily back to Anya, slitted crimson eyes posing a query. Gaze flicked back at Vorn, and she absently reached her hand towards him, even as she leaned down to gently sample Jaycy's lips. The redhead returned the kiss; at first it was to her just as normal as ever.

Vorn jerked away from the touch as if it were a snake that reached toward him, and stood, eyes narrowed. "...good night t'y'all." His glance to Jaycy seemed conflicted, but he could think of no way to put his thoughts to words, much less when they would be heard by so many.

Kel stopped, looking at Vorn. A sudden hint of embarassament. "I'm...sorry. That's not..." Frustrated, she began to disentangle from Jaycy, pull away. Jaycy then realized the reaching, and the reaction, and she pulled back. Though swift, she tried to be gentle in the breaking. Her gaze darted swiftly up to Vorn, and she gently (but again, swiftly) pushed away from Kel’s embrace even as the albino was doing so.

"Jumpy fellow..." The siren exerted a touch of restraint at times, but only at times. "... Your attention, Jaycy, does not seem something he likes to share." There was no offense meant by the comment, but the play of events before her were too open to the air for her to ignore. Some creatures lost modesty with age. Eyes fell to Victor for a moment, and then her hand became something little more than a wobbling, dismissive gesture. "Forgive me... Perhaps I speak from my own feelings." Anyanka had never made it a secret she did not and never would share the seraph. Anya did not share.

Kelathe stepped back, and away. Arms wrapped slowly around herself. She bit her lip, hard, and disappeared suddenly from view.

Dropping off the stool, Jaycy reached out for Vorn. She could only hope he would stay, at least for a few moments, and wouldn't speed his way away. To Anya, she shook her head slightly. It was complicated, too complicated to explain when she had more important things to deal with.

Victor laughed so hard his pipe flew from his mouth and the embers nearly caught fire to a stack of napkins on the bar. "I think you nailed it, love." Then again, he could sympathize - if anyone touched his Nischa, they'd just signed their own death warrant.

Narrow eyes turned to Jaycy, and he shook his head, speaking in a very low tone that wouldn't travel far. "'tis one thing t'play with me... quite another t'molest another right b'fore m'eyes when I can't s'much as touch you..." Still, his tone wasn't angry... simply distraught. In truth, the game was something new, something quite exciting, and its destruction had taken his mood with it.

The siren took no offense, she merely watched with the laze of an afternoon logged predator, content and at ease. She leaned back against the bar, her elbows tucked comfortable to the counter. Yes, watching the drama, shameless creature, but her words were all for her seraph. "Perhaps... We've all lives built on untold stories, my sweet angel."

"Apparently so..." Victor watched the two, shaking his head as he collected his pipe and its contents, lighting it anew, before a wing-assisted hop over the bar landed him in the stool next to Anya.

“Ah, no.” Jaycy shook her head in response to him. “We need to talk.” The words were flat. “I'm coming with you.” She didn't demand, she didn't order; really, it was a request without a questioning tone.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

"...very well," his tone was just as flat, empty. Still, there was no malice, only regret. Vorn then started toward the alleyway door, and she could follow if she so chose; he would not use his speed. For just a moment the redhead remembered her manners enough to peer back at Victor and Anya. “We'll talk soon, aye?” She didn't wait for an answer, though, instead steps hurrying after him.

Vorn walked slowly upon breaching the alley, allowing her to keep pace once she’d caught up. "S'what did y'need t'tell me, love?" He did not turn to see if she followed; he could hear her footsteps, and she'd made quite the point to accompany him, after all.

She spilled through the door several moments after him. Her steps remained hurried; even without his speed his longer legs took him places farther, faster. She did catch up, though, and matched steps with him. "Well, first that I'm sorry. Things turned out wrong, but not intentionally. I'd forgotten what you said, and Kel caught my mood." She paused, then peeked up at him as they walked. "She's my partner, Vorn. We are affectionate even if we don't make love. I was comforting her tonight."

"Y'were," Vorn nodded. "I understand y'have others, love. I do m'self." It was sincere, that wasn't in the least what had disturbed him. It was all he offered, however, as he kept walking.

"I'm going to follow you as long as I can, if I have to, until I figure out what happened ... because I'm more than slightly confused about where it all happened." Until he used his speed, or shut a door in her face, she meant. "I had ... have ... no intention of being in anyone elses' bed tonight and I thought you understood that."

With that, he stopped, abruptly turning to face her. "I have no concern with who y'choose t'fuck, love... or when y'choose t'do it." It was too vicious, and he closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath to calm himself. His heart was practically trying to fight its way out of his chest. "I just... made a mistake, 'sall. I didn't know..." Turning back away, he cast over his shoulder, "I knew y'had others, I just didn't know y'd forget I exist th'moment they pop int'yer arms."

"Forget you exist? Really?" She called after him, lashing back after his strike. "Can you read my mind so well that you know what's what I did? Do you remember when I said Kel and I are not lovers now, and won't be for a long time? I'm not choosing to fuck her, but I shouldn't feel I should apologize for comforting someone I love. I would touch you in exactly the same way if you needed comfort, if you needed someone who cared." She didn't add what she wanted to say, 'like I did the other night when we talked.' "Just because I did that didn't mean I forgot about you ... hell. She caught my mood and wanted to play too because I kept bloody thinking about you."

Stopping once again, he sighed deeply. "...I'm sorry... t'was such a beautiful night... ruined. 's'no one's fault." He drew another cigarette from his pack - so much for cutting down. Even after it was lit, and smoke poured from his lips, he made no further move, and held his silence.

"It's only ruined if we let it be." She sighed, deflating. "Vorn, gods, I did not forget about you. But now I don't know what to do, because Kel's somewhere and I want to be with her, but I want you to bloody understand that I want to be with you too."

"It's ruined because we did let it be. I s'pose I didn't help much... but I hadn't much o'a choice, an' y'd already made yers." His steps resumed once more. "Go t'her. When y'want me, y'know where t'find me."

"...just... don't make a habit o'promisin' me th'moon an' tearin' it from th'sky..."

It took her several long moments before she could think of anything to say. She just ... stared at his retreating back. Finally, though, she finds some words, and she lifted her voice to be heard at the distance. "Before you leave me, answer me one question, aye?"

Turning back, his gaze would meet hers, and then the distance was closed once again, although he remained just out of arm's length. "Anything."

"I want to know how I 'tore it from the sky,' so I know what the hell I've done wrong." She sighed, forcing herself to keep looking up, green-golds peering into dark. Even if she wanted nothing more than to look down. "And after you answer, I don't want you to hurry away so I can at least answer if I need to."

"Y'promised me t'night, love... and y'gave it t'another." Simple, without malice or judgement, only disappointment, and a wistful sigh as the night he'd imagined flashed through his mind. "...an' before y'say y'didn't... y'said yerself y'want t'be with 'er, even now."

"Y'know why? Because Kel thinks I'm going to end up hating her, she thinks that she's ruined everything between you and I ... beyond all of the other shit she has." Shit that wasn't important; it wasn't her place to tell. "Of course I'd want to go to her. Yet I'm not; I'm not because you're damned important."

"I don't know what t'say t'ya, love." A deep breath of smoke gave him the pause he needed, he spoke very carefully. "Y'must take care o'what's dear t'ya... and I'd be of th'nine m'self t'tell y'otherwise."

"I'm going to go get drunk. If you want me, find me." She turned, shaking her head faintly. It was a phrase he’d said several times to her, and she threw it back in his face. Then, she started down the road.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Shaking his head, he watched her go with a sigh. How the hell did this happen? "Jaycy... fuck..." He was standing in front of her then, blocking her path. "That ain't gonna help shit, an' y'know it... not t'mention y'got yer shields t'think about." Hands reached out and softly took her shoulders. "Look... I'm sorry. I had it in m'head I'd have ya t'm'self t'night... it's all I thought about... it's all I wanted. It's not Kel. It's not you... and it's not like I expect y't'be mine..." His eyes closed for a moment, another deep breath. "...I just wonder... if there really is a place for me in yer world sometimes."

She stepped back, to be the one just out of range. She spoke quietly, flatly. "You would have had me to yourself tonight, even with Kel there. It was like Victor, and his Anyanka. I was no less yours tonight by her presence. I told you I would do what I could to prove to you that you have a place in my world, that I can't imagine a world without you ... but I also told you I may not be able to do everything. I can't and won't forget the rest of the world when we're in a public area." She said that, even though every time they'd been together she basically had forgotten the rest of the world.

Perhaps that was just it, he'd grown accustomed to that, the nights they'd spent together... regardless of the setting. Vorn sat on the cobblestones, head sinking into his hands, defeated. "I'm sorry, Jaycy... I didn't know." Above all, he covered his eyes. Just as before, when she'd first said those words to him, he could not let her see the tears welling in his eyes. "I shit th'fuckin' bed... I've never felt anythin' like this b'fore, an' I don't really know how t'deal with it." Smoke was sucked in like a lifeline, until he tasted the noxious burning of the filter and spat the cigarette out at his feet. "I didn't know... I thought she'd come in an' y'were lost t'me, th'second she was in yer arms."

"I was leaving with no one but you. Even now, I'm with you," she said, so-quietly. "Do I have a place in your life? Should I, if this is tearing you up so much?”

"Y'do," uncovered, reddened, wet eyes stared at her intensely. "More o'one than any've ever had... an' don't ever think that y'shouldn't. Don't let one night o'me bein' a damn fool fuck that up." Impulsive as ever, in a blur of motion, should she not move away or fight him, she would find herself enveloped in his arms. "Forgive me. Please."

She sighed. She'd started to kneel down next to him, but she found herself in his arms and the motion unnecessary. There was a sheen in her green-gold eyes; yes, she had been crying as well. It didn't seem like something she felt she had to hide from him, though; she likely never would. "Instead of asking my forgiveness, just tell me if I can trust you to trust me. Or at least ask, rather than get upset." She paused, peering up with the most plaintive expression. "Please?"

"I will." His hand reached up to brush aside her hair, and slowly, gently take the tears from her eyes. "I promise. I won't let that take me again." Her arms wrapped around him, at the waist. She continued to look up, even as her head tilted toward his brief touches. "I still want to go home with you."

For that one moment, Vorn's heart stopped. It took everything he had to force back the tremendous lump that had formed in his throat. Fingers threaded through her hair with adoration; this had become much more than the simple lust of the nights of Beltane. As he spoke, his eyes seemed to shine. "...then we should start walkin', love. I smell a storm comin', an' if we wait here much longer, we'll be soakin' by th'time we get there."

Her eyes fluttered closed and her lips parted. She wet her lips before whispering. "Kiss me first." There was a note of pleading in her voice; she still had a few doubts as to how things were between them and wanted, needed that gesture because in that kiss, how he kissed her, she could tell better than words ever would.

He was only too pleased to oblige, and his lips met hers softly at first, but his embrace tightened and the hand entwined in her hair pressed her to him a little more. It was a deep, living, loving thing that he would keep until she made him stop.

The kiss made her moan. Oh, not only in wanting but in the sheer force of emotions conveyed in that kiss. It surprised her. Her arms around him tightened, almost painfully, pulling him in even as he did so with her. Her own heart, need unfolded in that kiss. It was all-too-brief, though, because as he said he smelled a storm coming. She pulled back, breath coming in pants, and simply ... stared at him for several seconds. She had no words.

There was a sincere longing in Vorn's eyes; he'd have stood through a hurricane for that kiss. His hand slipped out of her hair to softly rub her cheek in silence, he had spoken in that kiss more than he could ever put to words, and words had failed him enough for one night. The longing in his gaze faded, however, to ask quite simply, now, do you believe me?

Her eyes, so wide and round, said yes. Her lips finally formed words. "Thank you." Her eyes closed once more in the breath in, then exhaled in a deep, cleansing sigh. "I'm ready now." She turned a small smile up at him, one hand moving from around his waist and up so she could brush the backs of fingers over his own cheek. "Let's go, aye?"

"Just so," he smiled, and turned to walk with his arm over her shoulders, toward the studio. He could have picked her up and carried her there in seconds, but the time spent walking with her under the moonlight would be a cleansing of his own, and if the rain came, so be it.

(( Adapted from live play, 5/14/10. Thanks to Victor Kazon, Anyanka (Etherealdream), Vorn (Bladecatcher), and Kelathe (TheDarkMuse)! ))
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

No More Secrets, No More Questions…

Once again she made her way to the studio unannounced. She took the bike this time, though, the machine's engines echoing through the air in the late night. She cut it off, the silence sudden and profound. Climbing off, she removed the helmet and dropped into the compartment after setting down the kickstand. Then, she made her way to the door and opened it, bounding up the stairs. She was sure to announce herself, touching on every creaking board on the way up. At the second door, she knocked three times - it was becoming her signature way of announcing herself, it seemed.

There was no answer from within, only a distant, muffled sound of running water, almost drowned out by rather loud music. A man screamed in an extraordinarily distorted voice to the backdrop of blaring synthesizers that was inches from pure discord, but somehow made sense, if one were into that sort of thing. During brief moments of silence, a dull hiss could be heard - apparently Vorn had scavenged a working record player this time.

Her brows lifted, and a chuckle escaped. She opened the door and slipped in quietly, turning to shut it behind her. She stood to the side of the door, though, hands clasping in front of her. With a little smile, she looked around quietly.

The cursory examination revealed that no one was home. The bathroom door stood open, revealing the source of the running water; the tub was filling, steam rising from the tap. It was one of the few parts of the place that looked genuinely clean. All the furniture was still aligned on the walls, with only the tabletop 'bed' and his table full of inks forming the usual island in the middle of the room. There were new additions, however: A line of twenty-seven mithril claymores along the far wall, newly forged. Each of them had a strange red crystalline substance that ran the length of the blade, through the center.

Tilting her head, she took all of that in. She moved swiftly forward, then, toward the bathroom. With the running water, she didn't want it to overfill the tub. She did spare a glance toward the swords on the way, though. She'd come back to those. Inside the bathroom, she extended a hand to turn the knob on the water, twisting swiftly. Then, she turned back toward the bathroom door, pausing at the portal and looking into the main area one more. After a moment, she slowly made her way toward the claymores, green-gold gaze passing over each one swiftly, counting, but then turning toward the one nearest her to study it in more detail.

The swords were of master craftsmanship, made of a mithril-titanium alloy that only one man in RhyDin produced... and his emblem was on each of the hilts - Kazon Mithril. Strange, however, would be what resembled a switch on each crossguard. It was small, subtle, as if not meant to be seen from any significant distance. The music blared on, only turning more and more bizarre with each passing minute. Odd rhythms, screeching and scraping sounds, and almost too many instruments playing at once to truly be deciphered by the casual ear.

Her ears continually twitched at the music but she didn't dare turn it off. It was one thing to stop running water - that might have done damage - but the signs were there that he was returning soon. Or that he had left on some emergency. Either way, she remained near the wall, looking over the claymores in more detail. She didn't recognize the emblem, but the switch made her brows lift slightly. Finally, she turned her gaze away and shifted it toward the couch against the wall. She made her way toward it, and sat .... then stretched out. Her eyes closed, using the arm as a makeshift pillow.

The door opened and closed and clothes flew off in every direction, the blur moving for the bathroom, and stopping cold at the doorway, eying the water that no longer poured from the tap. "...th'fuck? Y'gotta be shittin' me..." Had they turned off the water? That was the one virtue of this abandoned building - the water still ran for some reason or another. Giving the faucet a cursory turn, he blinked as it came back on. For the longest moment, he stared into that bathtub. He could have sworn he'd left it running so it would be full when he got back.

Unfortunately in the cacophony of the "music" she didn't hear the opening of the door or the voice of a speaking Vorn. Her eyes opened, though, at the sense of presence. A slight smile turned her lips upward as she noted the man in the bathroom after a quick look. However, she remained where she was; the view was too nice.

Even he was distracted by the music, it seemed, as he shook off the question of the water, and bellowed a deep growl along with the 'singer'. Opening the closet door, Vorn reached in to grab out an old, beat-up guitar, and that's when he saw her. "...mmmm... 'ello, love..." Of course, the guitar was forgotten, and a blur of motion flicked the switch on the record player. "Never thought ya t'be th'sneakin' type..." The water was running once again as he'd left it, and it would be mere moments before the tub overflowed.

"You say that of a spy and assassin?" She chuckled, slowly sitting up. "Besides, if I were sneaking around I wouldn't be here lying on your couch, waiting to see if you were going to come back. Or turning off your water so it didn't run all over the bathroom floor.” Her brows lifted. "But if you want to say I snuck in here, I'll accept that. It was a good thing, for me." Her gaze flicked down, toward his midsection ... or rather, just below it, and then back up toward dark eyes. "You may want to be careful with the water, though." Because she thought he might have gotten distracted from it.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

"Shit!" A dash into the bathroom turned the water off just in time. As it was, it was too full to accommodate him without overflowing... much less take on the plan that had just formed in his perverted little head. Of course, he was right back instantly. If his nudity - or her examination thereof - bothered him in the slightest, it certainly didn't show. "Spy... Assassin... 's funny, I'd'a never taken y'for either if it weren't for th'scars an' yer word. Yer just too damn... pretty." A hand reached out to lay the slightest of a touch on her cheek; perhaps he didn't touch her at all, and just disturbed a very thin layer of air between his fingertips and her skin.

She tilted her head into that hand, seeking to make contact if there wasn't already. "That's what made me good, love." Her voice was soft. She was mostly retired, of course; she'd told him that but not exactly of the jobs she still did. Not that she was ashamed of her work ... it was for a good cause. The particulars just hadn't come up of why she still did any of it now. "I missed you." A shift in subject, bringing her hand up to take the one so near her cheek.

"Just so," he laughed. Of course, the best assassin would be the one you'd never expect. To her latter comment, "That makes two o'us, m'lovely," Vorn's smile was almost too sweet, too... innocent? Then again, he did have his moments. "Is that what brings y'here t'night?" The unasked question being, of course, was there something you needed, or did you come just to see me?

"Oh, I was in the neighborhood," she commented airily, though the gleam in her eyes spoke something else entirely. Both. "It'd been a couple days, so I wanted to see how you were doing." She paused, then grinned at him. "And apparently save here from a flooding. So how are you doing?"

"Same as always, love... an' yer still a terrible liar," He grinned. "No one comes t'this neighb'rhood." As for what he'd been doing, he gestured to the swords along the wall. "I been preparin' for th'carnival. I was asked by a lovely..." A pause then as he tried to summon the name, "...Kingston. Yes, that's it... t'put on a show for 'em. Vic turned around th'swords in three days time, just as promised. 'Course, they cost a fuckin' mint." Indeed, that much was apparent - the material alone, much less the custom forging, the perfect balance... it would take a wagon to carry the gold they'd cost to produce.

"I saw some signs saying that you were performing. Interestingly, that was around the time I'd decided I was going to at least make an appearance." She finally gave in to her need, reaching out with her other hand toward his chest. Fingers splayed, tips making only the most light of touches on tattooed flesh. A soft sigh of release. "When I saw the switches on them I'd assumed they were for that night. Vic does amazing work." She glanced toward the wall they were displayed on, then back to him. "Are they functional, too?"

"Nothin' he makes ain't functional, love." He'd have taken up one to demonstrate, but there was no way in hell he would tear away from her touch. "I shaved with one this mornin'. Sharper than m'razors. 'Sa good thing y'didn't hit th'switch, though. That sets 'em on fire. Any ol' fool can juggle twenty-seven swords," A slight smirk at that, knowing damn well he was one of an extraordinary few who could do any such thing, "...these'll be blinking on an' off like th'lights o'yule."

"Mmm." She closed her eyes a moment, pushing her hand forward and pressing her palm against his chest, savoring the more direct connection with him. Her words grew more distant, dreamy as the contact between them seemed to have a slight intoxicating effect. "Your water is getting cold. Do you want some help in the bath while we talk?" It seemed she was happy to oblige him in that particular way.

"Mmm..." The sound was a mimic of her own, only an octave and then some lower. "It was th'first thing that came t'mind 'soon as I saw ya, love." As if it weren't obvious enough from the very first gaze he'd laid upon her. He backed slowly toward the bathroom, hands fidgeting with her clothes along the way. After all, he wanted a view of his own. "...an' I get the feeling maybe you've got somethin' important t'talk t'me about in there somewhere?"

She allowed the removal of the bomber jacket with a chuckle. It dropped along the way, puddling messily on the floor. When he tried for her shirt, however, or her jeans, she slight swatted at his hands, playfully, in silent censure. "Ah ah." Not yet, anyway. With her other hand she pushed at him, encouraging him to move faster. "Into the water, m'dear." Once inside the bathroom, her she looked around for some type of washcloth, or soap, or anything to wash him with. She spoke again even as she assessed the surroundings more carefully. "No, nothing important to talk about. I just enjoy your company, and talking in general to you." Said honestly.

"Ohhhh, y'evil creature." He complied however, sinking into the tub. Even his slim frame was enough to send some of the water flowing over, so high had it filled. A simple white cloth with a hole in it hung on the stopper switch, which he picked up and spun around his finger. Two antique-looking bottles sat near the faucet, one green, with Hair painted sloppily on the side, and the other clear with a thick blue liquid inside. It would explain why his smell was something most would find unfamiliar - both were homemade solutions from a dear old lady from the caravan. "Y'should get in here with me..." He suggested, smiling broadly.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

"You make it sound like I'm planning something bad." She chuckled, reaching first for the bottle containing the blue liquid. That she lifted and brought close, setting it just outside the tub on the floor. Then, she reached for the cloth in his hands, dropping to a kneel just outside the tub and next to the bottle. She seemed oblivious to the water suddenly seeping through the knees of her jeans. "That's what you say. I say you should indulge me."

"Ha, y'say that like I've no reason t'think yer up t'somethin' bad..." A playful smirk cracked his features as he resisted the urge to splash her. "Y'can be one damn evil woman when y'put yer mind t'it." Still, he relaxed, leaning back into the water, sending a little more over the side as his only dry hand took a stray lock of her hair to toy with. "But as y'wish, m'lovely. I shall be yer indulgence."

She chuckled, splashed anyway - at least a few drops that fall onto her thighs with the new overflow - bringing the cloth closer and leaning back on her heels a moment. "You like it, and you've run out of opportunities to try and tell me you don't, love." She echoed the smirk, adding a momentarily-raised brow. She held the expression for only a few seconds and then her face relaxed. She looked down, setting the cloth in her lap and taking the bottle. That, she opened and poured a small dab onto the cloth. The bottle was capped again, and the liquid rubbed into the rag. Then, she opened it and leaned forward again, cloth draped over her left hand, and dipped it into the water a second. She started at the far side of his neck afterward, slowly drawing the white square down his skin. Over the farther shoulder, then in and across his chest. She was careful, to start, to only soap the skin above the waterline.

"Mmm..." Relaxing further, Vorn's head came to rest upon the back of the tub as he let her do her work. His toe flicked the switch to let at least a little of the water drain, as his posture was sinking him deeper, almost to the armpits. "I love it... an' I damn hate it... y've got tormentin' me down to a fuckin' art, love." A deep, contented sigh interrupted his speech as she ran the cloth over his chest. "S'long as y'don't start what y'can't finish... y'know y'll always have whatever y'want." His eyes opened with the last, as if it were a promise... before the more inquisitive side reared its head. "Y'quite like havin' that power over me, don't ya?"

She didn't point out a second time that such arts - knowing so well how to play a person, how to torment them - were what she was good at. It was like breathing; it just happened. "Are you that afraid that I'll not finish something I start, Vorn?" There was only the barest hint of reproach in the words. "Have I yet?" She quieted, running the cloth down the arm that dangled over the tub - the arm of the hand flitting with her hair. She seemed oblivious to the affectionate gesture, though she remained relaxed near him. She stopped at the elbow, then went again over his shoulder. Slowly, finally, the soaped cloth broke the surface and slid down his chest under the water.

"I like sharing that kind of power with you because you affect me the same way. I just hide it better," she finally continued. "I'm honored, too, that you trust me enough to give me that power as it is so precious to you. Besides, how else am I going to keep you wanting me in your bed?" She quirked a light grin, cloth stilling as she tilted her head in his direction.

Shaking his head, he laughed as if it was truly the most absurd thing he'd ever heard from her. "Y'think I'd ever not want y'in m'bed? ...shit, Jaycy... y'should know much better by now. An' if y'remember, y've denied me b'fore..." He let that drop quickly, however, in turn for a much more curious line of thought. "But I find it hard t'believe I've got any such thing over you. Yer not like me. Y'don't get carried off with th'changin' o'th'wind. Y'got focus. Will." His eyes closed once more, contemplating. "I'm a feather, love. Yer a stone. An' I'm honored that y'take th'time t'follow this ol' feather when 'e drifts about."

She resumed the gentle washing below the water's surface. Over his stomach, then she leaned in to reach the farther side, trailing the cloth over him. The amused, light expression faded from her face though and she looked down, into the water. "It's the balance, I suppose. I don't know any other way to describe it, but you do. Or mayhap it's that we're of the same kind; mayhap I'm more feather than you think." She sighed, lifting the cloth from the water and wringing it so she could add another dab of soap without soaking her jeans too much more. Apparently, she took the cue and didn't allow the retort that was on the tip of her tongue to escape when he let the subject of denial drop so swiftly.

"Just so," Vorn nodded softly, brushing the back of his hand against her cheek, still idly playing with her hair. "Still... power? Over you?" Shaking his head once again, "I've seen such power, enough t'know I don't have it." There was no negativity in his tone at all; the only emotion in his words was compassion, pure and simple. "...'s not somethin' I'm sure I'd want, love. There's a burden that comes with power, an' it's one I'm not sure I'd want t'carry. I don't know what I'd do with m'self if I misused it."
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

"Lift your legs." One at a time, she meant of course. Her head turned, slowly, to kiss the hand that swept over her. Then she turned back to her task, lifting cloth toward the requested body parts. "Have you ever been sailing?" The sudden shift just might have warned him that she was done with the previous topic; or at least the part they had been discussing.

For a moment, he was silent, even as he complied, a leg lifting to rest on the edge of the tub, dripping and sloshing water here and there. Even as he realized he'd struck some sort of nerve, it was only natural intuition to want to see it for what it was. The question was right on the tip of his tongue... but he let it go, realizing that maybe it would be just the misuse he so direly wanted to avoid. "Of course, love. I spent nearly a year at sea on Yaital in sector 355, aboard th'Constance." After a slight pause came the reluctant admission, "That was back when..." closing his eyes, he sighed, head sinking slightly. "...I wasn't too picky about how I got m'coin. Did some ugly things back then."

She shifted to the side, just a little. The strand of hair he'd been playing with stretched over the distance she put between them - but it was only so she could slide the white cloth over the whole of his leg. From ankle to thigh on the inside of it, then back down to ankle on the outside. She was careful not to touch intimate areas - the indulgence was in the domesticity of it. She didn't want to arouse anything else in him yet, she wanted him relaxed. "Would you like to come, with me?" And create a better memory of sailing, mayhaps, she silently offered with a brief smile directed toward his face.

Raising an eyebrow, he eyed her for a moment before he spoke. "Y'got yer own ship?" Clearly impressed, he smiled and nodded. "I'd love to." The strand of hair was slowly released, lest he pull it and restrict her motion. Somehow he did maintain his more relaxed state, although the very nature of her every move was arousing. No one had ever done anything like this before. "Any destination y'got in mind, or y'just want t'be out in th'open sea?"

"Hell, it'd be a first for me... in this world," he chuckled softly. "I've always just run over th'water here."

"Aye, I do." A pirate ship, in fact; a gift from a certain rogue she once knew. "She's named the Tyger. I'm not actively captain anymore..." She'd given that up to spend more time with Psly after his attack. "... but as she's still mine, I can take her out when I want." She paused, then answered his second question. "No destination, just a day trip. We'd be back before midnight. Let me know when you want to go, I'll get her prepared." The smile returned, slightly. The sea, the trips, were a necessary part of her life - at least as long as she stayed in Rhydin. Gently she nudged the leg overhanging the tub, signaling she was finished and needed the second one.

Every minute of this was becoming more and more exquisite torture, but still he complied. His other leg was set upon the far side of the tub from her, and Vorn cracked a smile knowing she'd have to come much closer to get to it. After a moment's consideration, however, his tone dropped, the emotion behind it a dense puzzle of respectful deference, submission, wistful desire, and a touch of melancholy. "That... I won't do, love. I've long since told ya I'm here when y'want me... but y'have roots, an' they run deep." It wasn't lack of desire - far from it - but a sincere admission of uncertainty. It seemed the night with Kel had taken a toll on him, one that had, in his mind, put him in his place... one in which he'd resolved to remain until she said otherwise, and with conviction. "I'll cross th'oceans an' scale th'mountains at your call, but I'll not show up upon ya until y'do so." There was no puzzle, no complexity there, only a very simple promise.

She sighed, leaning back on her heels a moment, cloth-clad hand resting on the nearer edge of the tub. "Vorn ... I don't think that's fair to you. I don't hold my friends, people I care about, to my schedule. Feather you may be, you still have some roots and responsibilities." The clan, his shows. "I'm not going to take, not going to ask that without being as willing to give. When I say you tell me when you want to go, I mean we'll work out a day that we both can go. As lovers ..." ... she finally put a voice to what they were, baldly, and it would be for him to naysay her ... "... there's an equality." She looked at his face for a moment, then shrugged slightly. "I don't ask for what I won't give." Then she leaned in, resuming the bath. The far leg was almost far enough to send her chest into the water, but not quite. The second leg received the same treatment as the first, then she shuffled on knees to the side for his far arm.

His eyes closed once again, perhaps drawing in his mind the image of the two of them out at sea as he spoke. "Then m'answer is quite simple. Any day y'have, save th'carnival." His hand reached up to drift over her cheek once again, and now that she was close enough, he leaned up to press a soft kiss to her temple. "...an' y'don't have t'think that way. I'm here for th'takin' as y'please, Jaycy... an' that's just somethin y'can't give me." His touch was gentle, reassuring, hoping above all to convey his understanding. "Yer life isn't so simple."

"...an' I've no expectations t'th'contrary."
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

"Mmm." The sound was both half pleasure at the kiss and again an apparent ending to the conversation at hand. "Lean up." So she could wash his back. "Do you want your hair washed, love?" She gently asked; she was offering him the chance to end it sooner. She had been enjoying the simple act even though the conversation had disturbed her at times. He'd also seemed to have the patience of a saint tonight; she was offering release from that. "Mayhap we should do the second tattoo soon, too." Though she didn't seem too thrilled to be making the suggestion.

"By th'nine, love... y'know how long it takes t'wash this?" He shook his head, sending a lash of thick, unruly black in a whirl around him, slinging water everywhere. "Y'd never make it home..."

Then he quirked an eyebrow strangely. "...y'don't sound so happy 'bout that. Why?" The first tattoo, the night surrounding it, from the conversation to the art itself to the incredible lovemaking before and after... it was one of the best nights of his life. If there was a time he seemed truly wounded, that was it.

She turned away, chuckling softly as she shielded her eyes from the spraying water. "Eesh, alright." She then sobered at the next words, offering him a wry, sad little smile. "The sooner you finish, the sooner you've no reason to stay." Midsummer. "Wanting me aside, I mean."

"...what?" Truly confused, his face screwed up into one of the most bizarre expressions imaginable... until realization hit him like a brick, and the effect was physical as well as mental. Vorn recoiled, sending water splashing about. "...is that..." Staring for the longest time, shaking his head, he fought to even summon the words. "...y'think..." His head sank into his hands, shaking back and forth in disbelief before he finally raised his eyes to her. "Y'think I'd just... leave you?"

"No, no. Not 'just' leave." She dropped the cloth into the water, not realizing just how soaked she'd become with the flying water. She reached for those hands. "No, not just leave. But that you'd ..." She paused, then shrugged. "Just be here less and less because it was time to move on." He was of a gypsy clan, after all ... adopted or no. She knew of the wanderlust; knew it intimately. She expected it to happen. "You'd said Midsummer," she finished lamely.

"That was..." He sighed, and took her reaching hands in his. "...it all makes sense now. Why y'dance 'round m'words... why y'fight t'keep me at arm's length... why y'string th'pearls of our time t'gether as far apart as y'can." Vorn almost laughed at the absurdity of it. All this time... "Love... I said that... b'fore I found a reason t'stay." Pulling her closer, dark eyes practically drilling into her own, he kissed her fingertips. "I'm not goin' anywhere."

"O'course, I'll be with th'caravan. I was just there t'day... but I can cross th'distance in minutes. That's m'gift, Jaycy. I can be everywhere I want t'be... and y'can damn well believe one of 'em... perhaps the greatest of 'em... is right here."

She just blinked at him for several seconds, hands loose in the grip he'd taken. Tugged closer, she offered no resistance but rather raised high on her knees, assisting him in his wish of drawing her toward him. "You ... can? I knew you were fast, but I didn't realize..." She shook her head slightly. "Aye, really? I'll still be able to see you regularly?" She didn't say 'often' even if she wanted to. He was right about her having more roots, responsibilities, things to keep her busy. But she'd always make some time for a shared meal, a lazy afternoon here in the studio, an ... evening ... here in the studio or wherever else the need took them. Her lips turned up faintly; hope dared to rise in her green-gold eyes. "I kept thinking Midsummer would signal the beginning of an end. I didn't want it to." she admitted.

"Oh, hell no." An expression, or at least, an inflection, borrowed from an old friend seemed to fit here better than anything else he could say. There was disbelief in his eyes and his voice still, that she'd even think him capable of such a thing, but he fought to force it back. "I told y'I'd be here whenever y'want me... There is no end."

One tear, a single drop, slid down each of her cheeks, and she nodded faintly, a slight whisper of motion. "Thank you," she murmured. Slowly she learned in for a gentle, sweet kiss, pulling back soon after. "We'd better get you finished before you get chilled. The water's almost ice now." And so you can take me in your arms. She seemed ignorant of the creeping chill on her own skin from her soaked clothes.

Gentle hands wiped the tears away, and he simply stood from the tub, disregarding the chill although he was far from oblivious. A soaking wet body embraced her and he whispered softly, "Don't y'be cryin' on me, love. An' don't be gettin' any more silly ideas o'me leavin'."

As if she needed to get any more wet. She stood as he did, leaning into the hold. Perhaps it was the sudden press of cold shirt against her body, but rapidly she was made well aware of just how much she'd become so already. "Erm, love? Would it be a silly idea to think about you leaving the tub? So, erm, we can both dry off?" She chuckled softly, faintly, tilting her head back a bit so she could meet dark eyes. "I'll have to get out of these wet clothes, too."
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Impulsive as always, he'd practically forgotten altogether that she was probably freezing. The tears had triggered in him the need to draw her in, to comfort her in any way he could. Pressing a soft kiss to the crook of her neck, he slowly released her, quite reluctantly... then again, he was always reluctant when any distance from her was involved. "Just so," He laughed softly, a foot firing out to hit the drain switch. Then came his favorite part - 'helping' her out of her soaked clothes.

"You know, I figured you for a shower type of man." She pulled back, out of reach, reaching down to pull off the saturated shirt and toss it his way. "Come and get me, love." She had another of those long strips of cloth across her chest, though it was almost transparent with the water it took in. No, she'd never stop totally playing with him, and the game would last only as it long as it took them to get into the main room and that table "bed."

"Th'place doesn't have one," Vorn laughed, gesturing up toward the wall - there was no shower head at all. "...an' on a good day I run a thousand miles, love. 's nice t'soak th'bones..." He followed her the entire way, playfully picking at the wrapping while giving a half-assed effort at drying them both with a towel he'd seemingly produced from thin air. "Y'know, one o'these days I'ma get ya... an' when I do, y'won't wanna play yer games w'me. I'ma make y'so crazy y'll chase me 'cross th'city. Just y'wait."

"Ah, Vorn," she chuckled, helping to unwind the cloth strip and leaving a trailing edge fluttering about her. "Love, haven't realized you already make me crazy enough to chase you across the city? Haven't you realized yet just how much I want to keep you here on a regular basis and how far I might go to get what I want?" The last bit of the wrapping fell to the floor, a wide white carpet leading toward the woman as she took a lean against the table, having finally backed enough into it. The jeans remained untouched, her chest heaving slightly. A gleam rose to her eyes, an anticipatory smile curving her lips.

His steps slowed; there was no need to chase her now, she was right where he wanted her. The words had clearly given him pause as well. Despite everything they'd been through in this whirlwind, his place in her life was something he constantly questioned, and he did so again now. As usual, his eyes concealed nothing, he didn't even bother trying... although it was a struggle to keep them in place with her half-naked body tempting them elsewhere.

"Quite th'contrary, love. Y've ever been th'lock I can't pick, an' until t'night I never knew why." Desire was creeping into every corner of his mind, igniting his blood, twisting his nerves, but still he held back even as his steps brought him closer and closer. "Tell me, Jaycy. Tell me what y'want, and what y'd do t'have it..." His hand reached out then, a too-gentle touch to her cheek and the side of her neck, fingers burying themselves in her hair. "No more secrets... no more questions."

She always had trouble with the 'tell me what you want.' It seemed even when she thought she was speaking plainly, there was still some uncertainty and she didn't know what she could say to soothe that. "I don't want to lose you. I want exactly what we have." Nothing more, but also nothing less. Her head tilted, a hand coming up to press against the back of his, cupping lightly. "And I'll do anything short of harming another person, or hurting you, to have it." She sighed, then looked up to him, sober. "I want you to really believe that, too. I want you to tell me what you want, too."

It was the one question he never wanted her to ask, he never wanted to answer. Not after that night. Vorn's eyes closed and he opened his mouth to give her an evasive half-answer, but before a sound could emerge, his own words hit him hard. No more secrets... no more questions. At the same time, the truth was dangerous, and he was visibly shaken by the thought that it could drive them apart. A full scale war had erupted in his mind. Could he truly lie to her now? After she'd spoken her heart? "I want somethin' I can't have, love..." He whispered, leaning down to kiss her forehead. "...but I'll be happy with anythin' y'find it within yerself t'give me."

She recoiled back into the table, stricken. A flush crept up from her neck and over her cheeks, but it was a guilty one. His words turned over in her head, swiftly, and she made assumptions as to their meanings. It was something she'd been wondering at since that night in the Inn and now in his words had as good as said it. What she thought, assumed, was the one thing she'd warned him against ... something she couldn't, wouldn't give. She stared at him for several seconds; then shook her head, trying to climb onto the table behind her in an effort to stay out of reach; she didn't want to encourage him, cause more pain. "I'm sorry, Vorn." Those words whispered.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

He blinked, shocked at the recoil, and fell back to sit on the couch. Wide eyes stared at her, color draining from his face. No... not again... "Jaycy... no..." His head sank into his hands, until a sudden thought arrived, which he clung to like a lifeline. Desperation drove him now. "No. Y'misunderstand me. I don't... I'd never expect y't'turn from yer mates. That's not what I want at all. I just..." A deep sigh followed, hope slipping away. "...no. Even that's somethin' y'can't give me, an' y'made yerself quite clear. I shouldn't have..." His face returned to his palms, hands gripping at his face to keep from shaking. Why did I have to open my mouth... why did she have to ask me the one damn question... Frustrated, fists clenched in his hair, Vorn gritted his teeth, awaiting what he expected to be the end.

She stilled, brows furrowing suddenly. What she assumed didn't seem to be what he wanted, after all. "What exactly do you want that I can't give you?" She didn't move from her position but stared at him from the table, confused.

Cornered, his head raised slowly as the last defiant act before the strike of an executioner's axe. Reddened eyes returned her gaze, and he let his arms sink to his sides. "T'be t'you what they are." There was jealousy there, as it was since the night that still tormented him, but it was distant. There was something else altogether at work here, a feeling Vorn still didn't quite understand. It was still very unfamiliar territory even now. "...but y'can't give me that, can you?" It wasn't a question, in Vorn's mind, of whether or not she wanted to do so. Compassion, understanding, and acceptance poured from his voice and eyes. He'd truly meant it when he said he'd be happy with whatever she could give.

She sighed, slumping, relaxing the tension in her body. She slid off the table and made her way toward him, slowly enough that he could see her intention. One hand extended as she neared. If he didn't move, that hand moved to sweep over his hair and then finally through it for a moment before dropping to his shoulder. She sank to the floor before the couch even if he did move away. "No, I can't, because I don't know how to build a mindlink with anyone; I can't give you that." After a moment she added, "I wouldn't wish it on you, either. It's as much curse as blessing." Another moment, then... "... besides them, you are closest to my heart, the one I need most." He couldn't be what they were, she meant, but he was certainly elevated to a level near them.

The last thing he would ever do is move away; instead, his hands reached out in an attempt to pull her up into his lap. "That's more than I'd have ever asked for, love." The thought of the mind link was one he rejected outright, his head had shaken rather vehemently at the very mention of it. "I don't want t'be in yer head. I only want t'be in yer heart."

She went willingly ... she even helped him in his desire, rising swiftly and easing onto his lap once his intentions were plain. "You're a fool," she sighed. "You are." She said simply.

A smile cracked his lips then, hands drifting along her sides, his fingertips tracing the outline of the tiger once again; he now once again had the next to look forward to. Still, he had to ask. "Why d'y'say that?"

"That you're a fool?" She shifted, both under his touch and because of the still-wet jeans. The shock having worn off a little, she began to notice just how uncomfortable wet denim could be. Of course, she tried not to wiggle too much on his bared lap; she tried not to make her being there even more physically uncomfortable. Her arms came up and loosely looped around his neck.

"No, that I'm a flyin' pink feld, y'silly arse." Shaking his head with a smirk, he stole a kiss from her lips; they were just too close now for him to keep away. "Not that I'd argue," grinning widely, "...but what makes y'call me one?"

Allowing the kiss, she even returned it with a smile blossoming at the press of lips. "There are so many reasons. Do I need just one?" She chuckled softly, leaning forward to steal another kiss. "You're a fool because of two reasons. One, you ever thought you weren't. And two, I'm still in wet clothes." Her brows lifted questioningly.

"Y'poor thing..." He crooned deeply in mock sympathy, then his hands dropped to her thighs. From their position it may have seemed impossible, but he stood, carrying her quite easily with him without so much as a jostle. A few short steps and he laid her down on the 'bed', pulling off her boots, then starting to work on those wet jeans. "Yer lil' trick would certainly come in handy here, m'lovely... unless y'just want t'torment me further."

She was most definitely getting used to the speed and smoothness that he moved her around. She simply chuckled softly, allowing him to work her as he willed. She squirmed, though in an attempt to help, lifting her hips from the table, hands pushing at the too-clinging denim. "I don't want to torment you. I don't want you to torment me. I want you, now." No, she didn't want foreplay either. The need to join with him was rising steadily; the need to be so intimately entwined brought on by the so-serious discussion they'd completed. She sought both reassurance and to reassure.

After a moment of struggling along with her, Vorn very nearly growled. "Love, yer losin' a pair o'pants t'day..." In the blink of an eye, a claymore was in his hands, and a series of blinding swings sliced the fabric to pieces. The remnants of her jeans and the sword itself were heaved over his shoulder, the latter burying itself halfway to the hilt in the wall. "...told y'they were functional." Without another damn word, he was upon her, kissing, feeling, touching. He'd waited far too long to do much else.

((Adapted from live play, 5/19/10.))
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

A Late Night Interlude

There was a flash, then a column of twirling swirling rainbow lights appeared. It receded into the ground, slowly, ribbons thinning in the spinning to reveal Jaycy. When she wasn't using the bike, that was her normal mode of transportation but it was limited to only those places she knew and had keyed the crystal to. She hadn't done it for the studio until that morning and this was a test of whether it would bring her to the right place. She nodded slightly in approval, moving forward after the ribbons of light had vanished and opened the outer door. Up the stairs swiftly, she made to the second door and knocked three times, as usual.

Music could be heard from Vorn's open window, but nothing like before. A simple guitar over a crackling amplifier drifted into the night, until bizarre lights drew his attention and he bolted to the window, just in time to witness a spectacle he'd not soon forget. "...well, fuck me," muttered under his breath as he watched the magical display and, more importantly, what emerged from it. Of course, he knew the routine, and he'd not disturb it. Instead, he sat back down on that old amp and awaited the three knocks. As usual, his response was on cue: "'s'open, love."

Hearing the awaited response, she turned the knob and bounded in, a cheerful smile on her face and ponytail bouncing behind her with each step. She paused long enough to look around, this time allowing the door to carelessly swing shut - she didn't bother to make sure it was closed. Finally spotting him, quick steps took her forward and she leaned in to steal a light kiss. She pulled back almost immediately, not wanting to give him time to take her, and take her breath away. "I love you." The words were really an affirmation of what she'd said Wednesday night; there was no special gravity or ceremony in her tone of voice. "Are you busy?" It also didn't seem like her words weren’t something she expected him to reciprocate; having already moved on to the next topic with her question.

Blinking in surprise, the guitar slipped from his hands, and he barely caught it in time to set it aside properly, even with his inhuman speed. "...never busy when it comes t'you, love. Y'should know that by now." His eyes watched her intently, it was after all one hell of a greeting, and one that had him grinding his teeth to keep seated, to keep from flying into her arms in the blink of an eye. "Y'seem... rather driven." While he may not have spoken the words, his eyes may as well have shouted them from the rooftops.

"No, not especially. I just wanted to see you. I figured if you wanted, we could do one of three things." Green-gold eyes shone, and that grin of hers widened just another little bit.

For a long moment, he examined those eyes, wondering what sort of trickery she'd come up with this time. It seemed to be her specialty. "An' just what would th'three things be, hmm?" Hands reached out toward her waist, seeking to draw her a little closer, or at least a place to rest upon her.

Really, she'd been waiting for the guitar to be put down and so she moved forward with the reaching, to settle lightly in the comforting embrace. "Well, we can either make love and then you can start the next tattoo, or we can make love and then go have some dinner, or we can make love and then get comfortable on the couch and talk and tell each other stories." No, there didn't seem to be any desire to torment him tonight, not even in the most playful manner .... she seemed more comfortable and relaxed than other nights, perhaps. If there was to be teasing or waiting this night, it wouldn't come from her. A hand reached up to touch his chest, fingers painting shapeless, squiggling imaginary lines over his flesh.

"Hmm..." Of course, he loved the first part... then again, who wouldn't? His hands were already drifting; it seemed just as logical in his mind that they could just do that and decide afterward. One in particular drew subtle lines around her right thigh, both to tease her and to draw an image in his mind. "...y'give me s'much I don't know quite what t'do with it all..."

"I didn't say you needed to choose now ... we have time." Her voice lowered, grew more husked. Her hand slipped from his chest, down toward his hip, and the other hand settled on the other side. "Why don't we start with the making love?" Her palm glided over his stomach, just above the hem of his pants, careful not to touch too low so soon. At the same time, she stood tall, seeking a second kiss - a longer, deeper one.

Return to “Eye of the Tyger”