Preparing surprises: being picky.

Twins with a shadowed past make their way in a world where they've never felt welcome by any save those who taught them what they know.

Moderators: Sylus Kurgen, Artemus Kurgen

Keith Althos
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Preparing surprises: being picky.

Post by Keith Althos »

Keith wandered the streets, taking a close look at examples of local jewellers' work. One was plain and crude. Another one lacked refinement behind outside splendor of excessive detail. Next had problems with gem cutting. Mentari was nearly ready to get back to Four Moons and submit the request to Chilians, despite the gift having to be a surprise, and Chilians were known for inability to keep secrets.

So simple. Chilians would laugh like a bunch of drunken fairies.

"It has to be a brooch, two by three inches. Background color - black onyx. Emblem of Althos - asymmetric arrow, major color - light blue, sky blue. Preferred gem - topaz. Preferred metal - silver, possibly rhodium plated. Additional textures to be discussed. Holographic image of basic emblem attached."

So simple. Just a gemmed replica of Althos bloodline emblem for everyone in the Outpost, with a small hole in the onyx for beacon and comm.

Keith decided this would be the last shop to visit. He's had enough of this insane city for one day.

"Anyone there?" he looked inside curiously.
Artemus Kurgen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Artemus Kurgen »

Lifting his head up from the work bench, Artemus turned towards the opening door with a slight smile as he carefully put away his tools to see what the customer came to commission. The place would be open for some hours yet and this afforded some inter-personal time with a new customer.

"Keith?" his voice held no small amount of curiosity at seeing the man down among the masses so far from his technological home. "What brings you into my shop today? Something I can help you with?" Offering the man a nod, Artemus smiled and waited to see what his reaction would be.
Artemus Allonan Kurgen
Headmaster of Arcanum Academy
Proprietor of Dark Wolf and Leopard Jewelers.
Keith Althos
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Keith Althos »

"Artemus?" Keith seemed genuinely surprised. "Hardly expected to find a mage like you here... all the better. I'm looking for a skilled jeweler without a habit of talking to entire infonetwork about his newest creation," the mentari grinned sarcastically. "And that puts our Chilians out of question, of course, they may be superb designers, but their bragging habits are...."

He walked in, looking around curiously. His stereotypes about mages' preferred occupations were crumbling down. "I'm preparing a surprise for my sister and those involved in Outpost functioning. A brooch, to be worn while in this city, combining our bloodline emblem with functionality of our communicator, and of course a beacon, for every one cleared to be in RhyDin. While I can do the functionality, I've both left hands when it comes to creating something supposed to look pretty"

Keith pulled a datapad out, and activated it. In the air above the device floated several variants of Althos emblem - light blue asymmetric arrow on black and silver background. With and without background pattern, extremely simplified and as textured as the one decorating the main floor of Althos headquarters.

Return to “Kurgen Keep”