Chat Log Viewing

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Don't know if you know about this or not, or if it's just part of the way that the parser works, but...apparently, if your SN has punctuation in it (or, at the very least, a period), it does some funky things with the View Options - Name Exclusions part of the Log Viewer. Namely, when you hit the "Remove All" button, those names with periods in them will disappear from the chat log, but will still be selected in the check boxes above. It basically looks like it flips the way it's meant to operate -- unchecked brings them back, checked makes them disappear, at least until you hit "Include All" again. It looks like you still have all the functionality, but in a slightly wonky fashion.

Apologies if I'm wasting your time or didn't explain it clearly enough, and for the necro-bump on this thread!
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Ahh, yeah, Zack.

I've noticed it, but haven't gone in yet to see what causes it. If you remove all the names one by one it'll work, just not with the remove all button... though, I know that's a painful way to go about doing it.

I'll try to find some time this week to look into it some more and see if I can figure out why that happens.
Zack Alcar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Zack Alcar »

Is that really causing that much trouble? If so I can help out by making a request to change the sn.
So sleep soundly in your beds tonight
For judgement falls upon you at first light
I'm the hand of God
I'm the dark messiah
I'm the vengeful one
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Jay, the thread bump is actually appreciated. I'm always amazed when I find new folks using the tool, because I have no idea how they managed to find it. If it's worth while, maybe the thread could be stickied.

Zack., I guess it depends on what you think is "that much trouble." Is it causing a problem? Yes, obviously. Is it a huge deal? Probably not, more a minor annoyance. I wouldn't get your name changed just because of this though. I should fix it anyway for the next person that puts a period in their name. With any luck I'll have it figured out and fixed by week's end.

~Kal
Candy Hart
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Hardest Ever

Post by Candy Hart »

I know I try to link people to the DZ logs.
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Zack-mun,

Have you had any issues with the Duel Caller Tool when you've dueled? A while back, when I would duel with Locke D'Vestavio, his screen name had the apostrophe and I can remember that interfering with the operation of the Flash chat tools. I wound up asking for a SN request to take out the apostrophe just to make life easier on the callers. :) I'm not sure if it was just the apostrophe, or if punctuation in general might interfere with the tool.

And it wasn't just your SN; A. Dagger Sasc's also does the same thing, so no worries!

Kal-mun,

I've been pretty consistently using the tool since you rolled it out. It makes it tons easier for me to grab logs -- and the parts of logs that I'm looking for -- to use for post inspiration or just to keep fond memories of interesting stuff that happens in room.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

I think I have a fix in place for the names with dots in them. Please let me know if there is any resulting weirdness. I've done a little bit of spot testing and things look ok, so hopefully your results will be the same.

~Kal
Zack Alcar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Zack Alcar »

Capistrano wrote:Zack-mun,

Have you had any issues with the Duel Caller Tool when you've dueled? A while back, when I would duel with Locke D'Vestavio, his screen name had the apostrophe and I can remember that interfering with the operation of the Flash chat tools. I wound up asking for a SN request to take out the apostrophe just to make life easier on the callers. :) I'm not sure if it was just the apostrophe, or if punctuation in general might interfere with the tool.

And it wasn't just your SN; A. Dagger Sasc's also does the same thing, so no worries!
Only once before but after clearing my browser's history, it cleared it up. Haven't had a problem with it since.
So sleep soundly in your beds tonight
For judgement falls upon you at first light
I'm the hand of God
I'm the dark messiah
I'm the vengeful one
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Added "The Annex" as an option to the log reader for the RDI side of things, since it was missing and we had Fight Night there last night.

~Kal
Candy Hart
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Hardest Ever

Post by Candy Hart »

Thanks Kal!
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Napoleon Bonarat »

<3
Napoleon Bonarat
PiRATes From Heck | Champions of Mythos | Badside Brawlers | CrushBob
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Fairly minor feature add.

Candy requested that colors be changeable without having to scroll all the way back to the top of the page. So, now you can.

Throughout the log you're looking at you can click on a speaker's name to bring up the color box. Change foreground / background colors as usual and it will change all of that person's lines to the new color.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Update: Sept 29th, 2014

The URL for the chat viewer has moved. I've been meaning to do this since the day I originally released it and just finally got around to it. The new location (also updated on the original post) is: http://duelingzone.org/lurker/

While moving the tool, I also added logs from Greater Realms chat so you have one stop shopping for all your log reading needs.

As always, if you run into bugs or have feature suggestions, please let me know.

~Kal
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Kalamere wrote:Update: Sept 29th, 2014

The URL for the chat viewer has moved. I've been meaning to do this since the day I originally released it and just finally got around to it. The new location (also updated on the original post) is: http://duelingzone.org/lurker/

While moving the tool, I also added logs from Greater Realms chat so you have one stop shopping for all your log reading needs.

As always, if you run into bugs or have feature suggestions, please let me know.

~Kal
KAL IS AWESOME!
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

* Fixed a small bug with the overlay on the page when loading the next hour.

* Added profile links for RoH and RDI logs. When in table mode, clicking a screenname from the View Options menu or in the chat text brings up the color options. At the bottom of that color menu you will now see a link for "View Character Profile", which will pop the given character's profile into a new window.

Return to “Thoughts at Large”