Children Grow Up

RhyDin home of the sorceress from Nitesong.

Moderators: Alais d Nitesong, Ulysses

Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Matlal, Riverbend, I' Taurn or Nitesong, depending on time of year

Children Grow Up

Post by Alais d Nitesong »

It had been a very long time since I had been to Twilight Isle, and while I was in RhyDin waiting for Rab to come up to the house, I ventured there for the evening.

As I arrived, Querylon nodded a greeting, which I returned before settling onto a chair near the tree line. I summoned myself a crystal snifter of Liquid Fire and wrapped both hands around it.

Dimitri walked out of the woods and leaned against a tree. I smiled and greeted him. It had been months since I had last seen him. He pushed off from his tree and headed my direction.

“How fare thee tonight Dimitri?” I asked as he approached. He seemed preoccupied, and his answer confirmed that assessment.

“Alright I guess.”

I quirked a brow at him, “You are not certain?”

He shook his head and sat down, “Alia Anor is alright.” But still his words seemed constrained.

I thanked him for word of my recalcitrant daughter before asking him what was preying upon his mind. He thought for a few moments, “the thing that preys upon me is a question….”And yet he didn’t immediately tell me what question was bothering him.

I then prompted him by asking if he wanted to talk about it and he hedged, “I don’t know…’ So I took a sip of the amber liquid and waited.

Dimitri lowered his voice but did not make eye contact with me as he said, “Alais, I wish to ask Alia Anor to marry me. I was just wondering if I could have your blessing.”

I canted my head slightly, surprised, but not objecting, “I’d be honoured to have you for a son-in-law Dimitri. You’ve been a fine lad.” I have my reservations about my daughter being a good mate however.

He smiled, that smile one of relief as I told him that I was not certain whether or not he would spend much time about I’ Taurn or Nitesong

He was puzzled by that, “how come?”

I gave him a sad smile, “my daughter has no use for the past.” The last time she had been there had gone very badly for us both.

He caught on quickly, “ahh, that reason.”

I nodded, “Yes laddie, but you are always welcome to either place.” And I would let Telemachus know that Dimitri was to be made welcome should he arrive.

He smiled and then disappeared into the trees once more, and I was once more pondering the Elder’s words.
Lady Alais d' Arma Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe

Return to “Quiet Return”