Journal Entry #4

A place for Lady Kyndra to post her private thoughts.

Moderator: Lady Kyndra

Lady Kyndra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Journal Entry #4

Post by Lady Kyndra »

It has been a long time, my friend, since I have written. After what happened since the last time I wrote, I decided to spend some time in the country visiting my sister. I only returned to the city to assist with the duels on Twilight Isle as I was scheduled. When I did return, I would visit my room at the Inn , walk by the desk where you sat and think about sitting a spell to write. Yet, I did not. My emotions and feelings were in such turmoil that I was in no mood to write about anything. It was all due to two men…the two men who happened to be on the top of my 'convincing list', the only two on that list…Tass and Brig. But the time has come that I once more want to share with you all that has happened.

It all started when Tass had to go on a trip to take care of some business. He thought it would take a week or so to complete. I had grown to care for him so that I absolutely dreaded the idea of him being gone for so long. I knew I would miss him terribly as well as be worried about him returning safely home. Thus I wanted to do everything possible to help keep him safe. So while we were visiting the Inn the night before he left, I gave him something that was very dear to me that had kept me safe on my journey to Rhydin. It was a small silver celtic knot pendant that I found the night I escaped from Penkaet. It was given to my father by my mother when they first met. At least that is what I was told. Anyhow, I wanted to give it to him to help bring him home safely to me and to remind him of me while he was away. As he left the next day, I felt like a piece of my heart had left with him.

I tried to keep busy to help keep my mind off my worries. I spent a lot of time helping Des with wedding plans. Sometimes, Gav and Des would invite me to the Inn to spend the evening with them. One night, I had the pleasure of being kept company by Xenograg, my chaperone which every single Lady needs, and Brig, who just happened to be visiting the Inn. Brig, as you remember, is number two on my 'convincing list'. Just before Tass left, he began to show some romantic interest in me which found very surprising. We had only just talked and dueled a few times with a bit of flirting but nothing romantic at all. Then I noticed he started to spend more and more time around the rings and the Inn just to talk to me. He even came to the Outback to watch me duel one night. I had never seen him at the Outback before. I must admit Brig is very charming man and I can see why Azjah is so fond of him. The more time I spent in his company, I found that I was quite fond of him too. It seemed as though Tass had some competition.

Well the night at the Inn with Xenograg and Brig, Brig was being his charming self. We got to talking about the view of from his tower. He was nice enough offer to take me on a tour of Twilight Isle and his Tower. Now, I couldn’t pass up such a wonderful offer. I did want to get away from the city for a bit. So off we went as Brig started with a lovely tour of the Isle and finishing with a tour of his Tower. Once we made it to the top to admire the view, we spent a lot of time talking. We really enjoyed each other's company that night. We talked so much that I didn't even realize how the time just flew by. Being so late, he offered guestroom for me to use that night. Knowing how I wanted to find less public living arrangements than the Inn had to offer, he even offered to let me stay as long as I wanted in the tower while he was the Keeper. It is a tantalizing offer as I really would like to get out of the Inn. But I didn’t have to make up my mind then. He said it was an open offer and I was welcomed to visit the tower whenever I wanted. So after we finished our drinks, he showed me the beautiful room that I could use. I was so tired and that soft looking bed was so inviting that I did end up spending the night at the tower… all alone in my room I must say. Brig was a perfect gentleman. The next morning, after we finished breakfast, he took me back to my room at the Inn.

Oh my look at the time!! I must be going or I will be late for dinner with Gav and Des.

Return to “Kyn's Journal”