Legendazona, Murdered in Life

Located in the Old Temple District of Rhydin City.

Moderator: Xenograg

Legendazona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Return of the wathu Darelir

Post by Legendazona »

The Dojo was empty when the ghost reached it. There were only a few female guards about, and certainly not Xenograg.

She waited and considered the changes since her last visit to the Darelir.

She listened to the hushed talk of the guards, war for their people was brewing, and that old man was headed into the thick of it, which explained his absence.

She was just preparing to go in search of someone else who might know where the Heiress had vanished to when the sorcerer appeared. He'd been under a spell of invisibility, but that only worked on the living, and he was as clear to me as if he were walking the streets like any mortal.

The sorcerer prepared to enter the Dojo, and the ghost curled icy tendrils around him to announce her arrival. "Well General, you've returned at long last, will you be staying?"
Legendazona
Druid High Priestess
Murdered in Life
Xenograg
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Bey

Post by Xenograg »

Having finished the day's meeting with the Rellugai leaders, Xenograg dismounts the steppe pony. He has several Rellugai retainers travelling with the host, and his attendant takes up the reins. The Rellugai continue to ride north while Xenograg begins walking south. Once the tribe is out of sight, Xenograg invokes two enchantments: with the first, he renders himself invisible; with the second, he leaves the ground and flies back to Rhydin City far to the south.

The sorcerous wards of Dojo Darelir seem sufficient to keep Legendazona's ghost at bay. She has the patience of the dead, though. She need only wait until Xenograg leaves the building or returns to it. When Xenograg lands on his own rooftop, she is there. His spell of invisibility only works against living eyes, and she sees him....
"The stupidest creative act is still a creative act, and that the real gap isn't between the mediocre and great work. The real gap is between getting started and doing nothing. If you've created something, even if it's stupid, you've put yourself in a position to do more." - Clay Shirky
Xenograg
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Bey

Post by Xenograg »

Xenograg has no reason to help Legendazona with anything. First, he slips through the dojo's wards to avoid the ghost's icy tendrils. He tolerates Legend's polite small talk to a point. The conversation goes downhill from there. As always, they part as antagonists. It seems that they must repeat this pattern indefinitely since Legendazona, being a ghost, cannot change.
"The stupidest creative act is still a creative act, and that the real gap isn't between the mediocre and great work. The real gap is between getting started and doing nothing. If you've created something, even if it's stupid, you've put yourself in a position to do more." - Clay Shirky
Legendazona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hostages

Post by Legendazona »

Given that the General was behaving so mysteriously, and that Alais has not been seen at I' Taurn for weeks, there had to be a way to find out what was going on. Well, one way presented itself - with a cold smirk, she headed for Nitesong.

The second twin sat alone in his Rouwan, lost in thought. He'd grown up to look so much like Ulysses that had it been possible, the ghost would have been nauseated. She then went to the old caves that had once been her home, and the power center of the Druids of Nitesong. There she laid her trap for the second twin.

Satisfied that he could be held, she returned to Telemachus' Rouwan, taking the form and image of his sister, she lured him into the Druid caves on the pretense of showing him something of historical importance. The elf was encased in a Druid Sleep and the stone brought down around him to assure no prying eyes would find him.

With a cold smile, the ghost headed back to RhyDin in search of the General. This news would surprise him, maybe enough to get him to tell her where Alais was, or better yet, to get her back to RhyDin. She floated into the Arena to find the General speaking with the Eldar, Teleperien. She formed sufficiently to be seen and floated down beside the General, wrapping icy tendrils around him. He gritted his teeth, "Legendazona, release me."

She laughed, "you are displeased to see me here?" as she released him.

"Only your proximity," was his reply through chattering teeth.

The ghost regarded him a moment, "just what are you up to General, I do wonder."

He hugged himself in a vain attempt to warm, but it was the chill of death that had curled itself around him. She then sent a tendril of cold snaking around the staff held by the Eldar woman.

Xeno's words were clipped and cool, "Nothing that need concern you, Your Grace."

Teleperien's eyes narrowed as the staff blazed to life in her hands. "leave it."

With a hiss, the tendril retreated, and in a fit of ire, the ghost whipped the burning cold tendril across the cheek of the woman.

Xeno scowled, "Legendazona, are you just here to annoy us?"

"No General, not at all," she replied.

"State your purpose then!"

"I've come to ask you again, where is the one I seek?" The ghost's patience was wearing thin, and she knew she held a trump card.

"Beyond your reach, obviously. You will get no more from me tonight than before."

"Ah yes, ever the protective one."

"Loyal one," he corrected.

"I will find her, or a way to get her back here. It would be so much easier if you just told me." Purred the ghost.

"As if you could give me a reason to help you." Xeno thought he held all the aces, but he did not.

The ghost smiled, "But I can. The life of a half elven whelp." The Queen was growing quite furious as the ghost and the General exchanged words.
"Which one?" His words belied a wariness that had not been there previously.

The ghost floated toward the ceiling. "I have the other twin Xeno." And she faded from view, but she could not resist sliding a cold hand along his face as she left.

He sat down hard in his chair with a black scowl on his features.

Teleperien's voice lifted, "Hell has been released this eve."

"So it seems," he replied, "Now I have to go to Nitesong."

The Queen touched her cheek and reached for a salve as Xeno spoke briefly with Rhaine, and then departed the Arena to go on a vain search for Telemachus in Nitesong.
Legendazona
Druid High Priestess
Murdered in Life
Xenograg
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Bey

Post by Xenograg »

It was not a good day for Xenograg.

His almost-daily flying trips to the northern steppe were long and tiring. He has not been getting enough sleep. Fitting in time with Amaltea and the children was becoming a problem. He also visited Mystic, currently living in Eldicor's royal castle under Teleperien's protection. Then there was his growing concern regarding Alais and Tass.

The Arena had lately been an uncrowded, calm venue in which to wind down. Not tonight. Instead, Xenograg bumped from one crisis to another like a blind man: first with the bloodspeakers, Diagotsu and Shadai; then Legendazona's ghost. Her gloating made a pit in his stomach. Xenograg left the Arena shortly after Legendazona and began another long flight, this time to Nitesong.

Xenograg's fear was realized. He could not find Telemachus. No one knew where he was. Xenograg told to the druids of Legendazona's words. A search was begun but no one had much hope in it. Xenograg declined to stay in the Sidhe and rest; he had to return, however late, so that Amaltea would not worry.

Another long flight through the dark of night brought Xenograg back to his dojo residence in Rhydin City. He landed on the roof and descended the stair to find his new retainers spooked. The captain of the guard informed his master about the dead bodies literally dumped on the dojo's doorstep.

"Great Mother, help me," was all the emotion he could muster.

( Cross-posted in Return from the Citadel )
Last edited by Xenograg on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xenograg
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Bey

Post by Xenograg »

It is a rare thing for Dojo Darelir to be closed to all visitors. This was such a day. Xenograg's fight with Shahai had repercussions both external and internal. Thanks to the healing first provided by Teleperien and later by his patron goddess, his skin color is down to that of rich chocolate; the pain was also gone completely.

The Great Mother was less than pleased with his recent actions, though. The day is spent in long periods of deep meditation. Both forgiveness and guidance is given to him. Xenograg can also feel that another test is forthcoming -- a harder one.
Legendazona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Never Bluff

Post by Legendazona »

The General had gone to see if I was bluffing, but he should know by now that I never bluff. The half elf whelp was gone, and he could find no trace of him.

Now, we will see how soon he brings the Eldarie back to RhyDin.

A satisfied smirk lit her features as she watched the agitated activity around the Dojo. It seems someone has left a couple of bodies on the doorstep.
Legendazona
Druid High Priestess
Murdered in Life
Legendazona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Balance Shift

Post by Legendazona »

The living in RhyDin are not having a good time at the moment, the ghost mused as she floated near the Dojo. Something has shifted, there is a change in the air as the denizens of darkness seem to be flocking toward RhyDin.

She laughed lightly as the guards at the Dojo dealt with the carcasses left by the bloodspeakers.

Bloodspeakers, vampires, kidnappings, murders in the night, war. Yes, the balance was shifting.

Then there was the half elven whelp hidden deeply in the mountain. Xeno says he cannot reach Alais, but I do not believe this.... no, if anyone can, he can. The boy would die of starvation, and not by the ghosts hand if Xeno did not find the Eldarie.
Legendazona
Druid High Priestess
Murdered in Life
Xenograg
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Bey

Post by Xenograg »

Despite being awake for over a day and his exertions on the mission to rescue Queen Teleperien, Xenograg cannot rest. Instead, he flies north to Nitesong. He must help find Telemachus, and he must take his place as Steward until that is accomplished.

Legendazona hinted that time is against Xenograg. He has no choice but to take the ghost at her word.
Last edited by Xenograg on Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legendazona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Legendazona »

Half elves are such nuisances! I'd been accosted by the half elf known as Dimitri last night. I had done no harm, and had only come to listen, and yet he found my presence enough of a bother to place a shield around me, keeping me from speaking with others..... Kaja had banished me from her presence, but I have no quarrel with her, and Sylus had not taken my deathly cold touch to heart, but as I moved through the Outback, the half elf did take exception....he may have to suffer the same fate as Telemachus.....

The ghost smiled as she thought about the young half elf, languishing in his druidic sleep, locked within the stone....
Legendazona
Druid High Priestess
Murdered in Life
Xenograg
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Bey

Post by Xenograg »

Xenograg arrives in Nitesong in the predawn morning. He speaks with the high priest but exhaustion makes the conversation unproductive. The druid recommends that Xenograg rest, and the sorcerer does not protest very hard. His quarters within a Rouwan tree are ready and waiting when he arrives.

"Wake me at dawn," Xenograg instructs the attending page, who agrees while helping the Steward out of his armor. Xenograg reclines onto his divan and closes his eyes. He ponders which meditation to use, and suddenly remembers the prayer he learned just days before. Xenograg takes a slow, cleansing breath and begins to whisper the entreaty.

"O Mother, hear your weary child...," he begins -- and falls asleep.

"Xeno?"

"Yes, mother?" is his reply. His voice is high-pitched but that seems perfectly natural.

"Come to bed, my boy. It is late."

"Coming. I am very tired."

"I know," replies Arra thu-Darelir. Her 10-year-old boy, Xenograg, climbs into his bed. She covers him with a blanket and sits on the edge of the mattress. The two just look at each other for several moments.

"I love you, mother," Xenograg says in a whisper straight from his heart.

"I love you, too. You sleep now."

"Stay with me?" is the boy's plea. He does not understand why, but it is very important.

"Of course I will," she assures him. "I will be right here." Arra runs her fingers softly through his hair. The boy closes his eyes, sighs, and falls asleep. He sleeps deep and long.

"Xeno? Wake up." He wakes quickly and stretches. He sees the morning light coming through the window.

"Good morning, mother."

"Good morning, my boy. How do you feel?"

"Much better."

"I am glad. You have a big day ahead of you, you know?"

"Yes. I cannot wait, in fact!" Mother and son both smile at his renewed energy.

"Then off with you, young man," is her playfully-dismissive reply.

"General?" Xenograg starts awake and blinks at the page.

"Yes?"

"It is dawn, My Lord." Xenograg can only blink at him again.

"Dawn."

"Yes, you ordered me to wake you."

"Yes, I did. Thank you." The page bows his head and leaves. Xenograg rises from the divan to find himself rested as if he had slept uncounted hours. Then he remembers the prayer -- and the dream? No, that was no dream. He closes his glassy eyes, his old heart filled with some sadness but more with love and gratitude.

"Thank you, Mother," he whispers, meaning both his birth mother and the mother-goddess, Arhis.

Xenograg begins dressing for long day ahead. They must find the Heir.
Last edited by Xenograg on Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legendazona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Dangerous places

Post by Legendazona »

So, the General had come. They'd housed him in one of the Rouwan's near the center of the community. He looked tired, and as night settled over the Sidhe, she could feel the magic wrapping around the Rouwan.

She floated in the leaves of a nearby Rouwan, watching until the pale light of dawn sent them to awaken the sorcerer general.

Now it would begin. He was here to try to find that halfbreed whelp that does not matter in the least.

The caverns are dangerous places....
Legendazona
Druid High Priestess
Murdered in Life
Legendazona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Much Too Close

Post by Legendazona »

He would enter the old caverns, she was certain of it. Where else would she hide the heir but right under the noses of those he thought he would one day rule.

What an absurd and laughable idea.... a half elf ruling!

If it were not so close to becoming a reality she would laugh. But, it was too close to being real. MUCH too close.

The sorceress has vanished, not been seen in RhyDin for weeks, and unless a pure blooded heir could be found, the half elven whelp she'd gifted that intruder Ulysses with would take the seat of power in the Sidhe.

UNTHINKABLE!

The two close enough to rule would need to be removed. There could be no chance of such a fate befalling her beloved Sidhe.
Legendazona
Druid High Priestess
Murdered in Life
Xenograg
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Bey

Post by Xenograg »

The search for Telemachus has been underway for two days when Xenograg joins in. With a combination of magical and mundane tracking, the search has already led to a mountain region known for its numerous caves and grottos -- many of them held sacred by the druids.

"Completely apropos for Legendazona," comments Xenograg with chagrin.
Legendazona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Center of Power

Post by Legendazona »

Watching.

He's come to the tunnels in seach of that worthless half elf. He's more fool than I thought. The last time he was here was the day I had been murdered.

The stone walls are cracked and in danger of collapsing should the slightest tremor, or a touch of magic, disturb their tenuous hold on structure.

The old main cavern was once the seat of my power. The place every druid held sacred. Even now, it commands respect for the old gods still favor it, and Ceridwen herself holds it sacred.

"Come General, enter the center of my power."
Legendazona
Druid High Priestess
Murdered in Life

Return to “Dojo Darelir”