Words of Praise

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Sabine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Sabine »

Thank you!
“We spoke eternal things that cannot die.” -Charles Baudelaire, from The Balcony; Fleurs du Mal (tr. by Roy Campbell), 1857
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Hugs for Grace for "Always."
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Awkward
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Awkward »

:)
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

It's been said before and in other threads, but I really appreciate all the work that it takes to run IFL (stop insisting it's nothing and just accept this). Thank you, Kal.

Also, to everyone who wrote articles, it really does make the whole experience even better.

And to the people who came out to fight and cheer. You're awesome too.

"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Also, I couldn't have been more remiss in my post.

CALLERS: Without you, there would be no game. Thank you for sacrificing your own time over and over again.
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Sabine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Sabine »

Thanks to everyone who made my first IFL season awesome!
“We spoke eternal things that cannot die.” -Charles Baudelaire, from The Balcony; Fleurs du Mal (tr. by Roy Campbell), 1857
Luna Eva
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Luna Eva »

Just want to echo Jewell and Sabine's sentiments here. There are so many people to thank for a great IFL season!

Thank you to everyone, Kal especially, for running and managing IFL---everything from the tournament setup to the site. It is such a great venue for dueling and roleplay, and every part of it from the Iron Fists Garden setting to the website's fight cards makes the experience more full and fun.

Special thank you also to Harris and everyone else who wrote articles for the website. The work and thoughtfulness you put into those articles was readily apparent and really appreciated.

Callers, thank you for coming out to call, especially since most of you are also on teams. That's a big commitment and it did not go unnoticed.

Also, just wanted to appreciate the good sportsmanship of so many of you, whether that happened IC or OOC. Some of you went out of your way to have your characters come over and interact with mine after fights (Terry, you're a standout) or sent over a kind OOC IM. We all know losing sucks, but you guys take the sting out of it, and help keep it fun.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Luna Eva wrote:Some of you went out of your way to have your characters come over and interact with mine after fights (Terry, you're a standout) or sent over a kind OOC IM. We all know losing sucks, but you guys take the sting out of it, and help keep it fun.
It was a team Asian Invasion standard! Kimone spoke with each captain after the week was over, win or loss, and it's something I wanted to keep promoting.

Btw, dittoing all of the above. Thanks everyone who was involved in IFL - Kalamere, the callers ( Claire I think won Caller MVP again? ), the writers like Harris, Kalamere, Midnight Eve, and the rest that I feel bad for not being able to name, and everyone who participated.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

King wrote: It was a team Asian Invasion standard! Kimone spoke with each captain after the week was over, win or loss, and it's something I wanted to keep promoting.
It's a wonderful action to take and very much noticed and appreciated!
George Orwell 1984
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Post by Jake »

King wrote:... the writers like Harris, Kalamere, Midnight Eve, and the rest that I feel bad for not being able to name...
Jack Smith. He did the power rankings during the regular season.
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

I would also like to thank the administration, callers, writers, and participants of this year's IFL season. And thanks for bringing "In Your Face" back too.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

XanthVanBokkelen wrote:I would also like to thank the administration, callers, writers, and participants of this year's IFL season. And thanks for bringing "In Your Face" back too.
I actually had an idea at like.. 5am on how I can still do a revised version of In Your Face :) We'll see if I can make it work.

On another note: Thank you for calling all night Sandy and Duci! It was so wonderful to see 18 people in the room and duels going on :)
George Orwell 1984
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to say thanks as well to the callers, writers, and participants in this year's Iron Fists League. I had a blast, and I'm looking forward to next year as well! :)
Rayvinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rayvinn »

I just need to give a huge THANK YOU to Kal for all of the little tools he gives me to make life easier and more streamlined; for letting me bounce ideas off of him and pick his brain; for rewording things to be more official sounding; for understanding what a control freak I am, giving me the space to be one, and not cursing me on a daily basis because of it. Mostly, just for reminding me (but never actually saying the words) why I chose him.

Thank you, Wizard!
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.--Friedrich Nietzsche
Rayvinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rayvinn »

Just wanted to say that last night was a lot of fun. So thank you to G for running it, the duelists for dueling in it, Coilin's (emptiedsky) player for being such a good sport (in his first duel ever) when Raye and Taneth were trying to get him to flash his booty, Dris and Amer for playing along with, and instigating, all of the craziness...and E! Thank you so much, E's player, for cracking me up so much. I'd never really had a character interact with E before and you were playing right along with the ridiculous requests and cheers.

I hadn't really been out to play much lately and last night reminded me why I should do so more often. Thanks!
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.--Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Thoughts at Large”