Looking Back

So, you want to be a Hero?

Moderator: Rakeesh

Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Looking Back

Post by Dimitri »

Cracks one of the great doors open and peeks inside, and whispers "Good no one is here." Slips in and closes the door behind him. He looks around at the Empty Guild hall he walks to a table and puts his bag on the table. He reaches into the bag and pulls out a few books. He looks at the plain black covers of the books. He opens one to the first page and starts to read to himself.

I was running through the village as fast as I can as my friend tried to catch me. I was weaving in between people trying to get away.

He stops reading and puts the book down and says "to early" He picks up another book this time the cover is brown. He opens it and begins to read again.

Today My Father is going to become a commander for the army. All he has to do is complete a small skirmish and all the objectives. I think it is stupid but my mother says they do this to see if you are strong enough and have a strategic mind. But hell I dont care Im not going to join the army. But my Father is trying to get into the army by putting me into sword fighting and archery. I would rather be a smith and create weapons for the army but my Father has another idea.

He stops reading and looks around at the empty guild. He returns to the journal and reads on.

My Father was due back today but he hasn't come back. His small army was to assault a small troll village and return with a missing relic. But he has been gone for about two weeks. The march should of taken two days but I fear the worst. Something inside me says he failed. Because of this the Elder has been putting pressure on me to join and be even better then my father. But I really dont want to join because I can't leave my Mother alone.
Today the information came back that my Father did fail he was ambushed Just before his group was going to attack. Because of this I joined that army even though it was the last thing I wanted to do. When I got to registration the soldier there was suprised to see me sign up since he knew I wanted to become a smith.
Today war has been declared against the Trolls. This is my first battle to ever be in. I am marching through the mountains today my commander has seen a lot of blood shed he has that look in which you get when you see too much death.

He looks at the book as he sees dried Troll blood on the pages. Then he remembered that was his first battle his first look at death. He looks at the next page and starts to read again.

I now look at the new recruits that we got after the trolls killed 6 of the Elves I knew two of them but my commander just said shrug it off. We continued to march and learned that Friends can be the death of you in war. That day all we did was march and look around at the mountains.

He looks around closes the book and puts it in his bag and heads for the door. He opens it quietly and peeks his head out and looks round and slips out silently. As he closes the door. He runs off towards the city.
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

Runs up to the great doors of the Guild. He opens one up slowly and peeks his head in and looks around. He slips into the guild and closes the door quietly. Walks to a table and sits down. He puts his bag on the table and pulls out a book with a plain black cover. He opens it to the last entry he read. he puts the book on the table and pulls out a old scroll. He looks at it carefully. "how did the Elder say this worked?" thinks for a second and remembers. He unrolls the scroll slowly. On the scroll are simple symbols that glow with an eerie green. he stares at the symbols. He puts the scroll onto the open book. He starts to speak in Elvish. As he does the symbols starts to rearrange themselves. They start to move faster and faster. He stares at the scroll entranced. "What the 'ell did the Elder Give me?" The symbols start to slow down. As they slow down images start appear. Ten seconds later he realizes that he is looking at himself. He watches the scroll amazed.

He walks down the main road of Azilla. He looks about as he sees Merchant stalls trying to sell there products. He sees the blacksmith's building ahead he speeds up. He reaches the door and knocks on it. A short Elf opens the door. "Ahhh Dimtiri My favorite Costumer!" The Elf beckons him inside and says "Hows your mother Dimitri" "Um She's fine, but Sanstan I have a request for you" Sanstan looked up and said questionably "So fast to business no small talk something must be wrong." Sanstan stopped and looked up and stared at Dimitri. "No nothing is wrong I was just wondering if you could teach me how to make the perfect sword?" He looked at Sanstan carefully. Sanstan just shook his head...

The image faded away and the Symbols started to arrange themselves back to their original position. "What the 'ell?" The symbols start to glow red. Smoke starts to rise above the scroll. The symbols start to burn through the paper. He rolls the scroll up carefully. "The Elder is going to be really mad at me when I bring this back." He looks at the book and sees the symbols on the book's page. "uhh okay" looks at the symbols carefully. he puts the book and the scroll in the bag. He stands up and walks out of the guild thinking that this isnt such a bad place after all even if a friend died because of it. He closes the door and dissappears in the distance.
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

He walked up to the Guild quietly. He went around to the back. When he got there he sat under one of the great trees. He pulled out a book and a scroll. He puts the scroll with runic symbols on it. He placed it on the book and watched again as the symbols starts to scramble around faster and faster until an image appeared. The image was himself but at a younger age and a elf mage dressed in dark green robes.

The mage said "Hullo Dimitri your Father told me to teach you how to manipulate the earth." The young Dimitri just nodded nervously and said "Yes sir". The mage took a fighting stance and commanded "Stand like I do and copy my every movement." Dimtri copied the mage, the mage then began to say and incantation "Ceven dhaer, anno vellas lín enin 'raw hen". A stone golem rises from the earth. Young Dimitri stares amazed and recites the incantation "Ceven dhaer, anno vellas lín enin 'raw hen". The ground only rippled infront of him, Dimitri lowered his head sadly. "Sorry sir." The mage did not even look down. "Do not say that, we try again." The two of them practiced until young Dimitri collapsed. The mage then said "get up if you want to sleep out here then stay if not get up and go to your room" the mage pointed at a large tree. Young Dimitri slowly got up and walked through the tree. As he dissappeared the tree's bark slowly rippled then stopped. The mage walked through after him.

The image dissappeared and the symbols took their original positions. He stands up puts everything away in his bag. Looks at the ground, where he was looking a 5 foot golem is standing. He shakes his head and walks off into the city.

Return to “The Adventurer's Guild”