Truth Be Told

The battle of light and dark over one's heart and soul...and how she overcame it!

Moderators: Dracos, Illusia, Cory

Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Truth Be Told

Post by Illusia »

Ilonean paced the span of her living room, hands clasped behind her back. It still did not make sense to her. She looked towards the kitchen table and desk where hundreds of old scrolls were sprawled out everywhere, though oddly enough in the exact order that they were written to be. She shook her head as she awaited Rak's return. They had been meeting together on and off for years now to discuss the progress of "The Legend." She had been kept in the dark of their meetings, for they had wanted not to influence the decisions that she had made in the course of her life. Though they both knew as she grew in age and power that she would soon be able to sense their shadowed meetings. She remembered when she was still a child, she would always curl up and read on the legends, and ask questions until the sun had long past set. After her father had passed on, she had turned to Ilonean and Crios for answers. Sadly they could only tell her that in time it would all make sense, and as she gazed out towards the forest, she knew it was time as she felt the moon's power descend.

The knock on the door was quite sharp as the deep voice drifted through the hard oak door. "Ilonean it is me, Rak. Open the doors so that we may speak."

She snapped her gaze from the forest as she moved to open the door, a soft click of the lock and a whispered word as the enchantment was lowered to grant entrance. "When will we tell her Rak?" Golden eyes turned towards Rak, watching him. They had both known that the time would come one day, but they had never envisioned that the legends of old would prove so true.

Rak sighed softly as a hand found Ilonean's, clasping it softly within both of his, his voice gentle. "Ilonean, she has many things on her mind now. The man she has dreamed of since a babe still within Lativa's womb has finally admitted his love for her. She is to wed him before the passing of the next moon cycle. She is also with child Ilonean...She is confused yet so much in love that it frightens her, yet she finds comfort within the happiness and love. She knows not yet, how serious this is for her...and for him. This is their destiny Ilonean." His own eyes searched hers as he spoke, though he himself knew that they must tell her soon. There were many things hidden from her as a child when the scrolls were accessible to her. Now it was time for them to return them to her. She was the rightful heir to the throne, though the twins now ran the Kingdom, this duty was hers...and his alone. His voice softened even more and lowered, "She knows not what has happened to her Ilonean and we, you and I and the Mage of Emerald Flames must guide her through this, or she will not survive."

She sighed deeply as she knew his words were true. If they did not tell her...and him then Illusia may not survive her final battle...the final battle between light and dark that struggles within her even now. She had been able to surpress it for now as the love that Dracos bestowed upon her overcame the shadows grasp of Illusia's soul. The attack weighed heavy on both of their minds. She could sense it. She could also sense that as long as the brand remained on Illusia's back that she would never be truly happy. Illusia did not know it yet, how powerful that brand alone was...and it was time that she did. Time for Illusia to know the truth indeed. Though she was sure not how the woman would take their words. "Perhaps we should ready the scrolls and head towards their home. You said that she was going to be there the next few days, planning the wedding and meeting the gown maker aye?" Golden eyes moved towards the window as she looked towards the forest again, an odd feeling coming over her as the clouds passed over the moon, leaving them in darkness for a spell. She had known since she was a child that her fate was already chosen for her...she had already known that the battle of light and dark would not be an easy one. She had faught it alone for four winters passed, only her brother's support and love had carried her through and kept her sane, and now...now she had the love of a very powerful Mage...Dracos Drasoini, would his love be enough to carry her through her darkest of times that was still yet to come? Was their love strong enough? She glanced towards the scrolls at the family emblem emblazoned in emerald flames on the page with a grin. She already knew the answer to that. His love, their love would and will overcome anything put before them. When their union was made whole, nothing could stop the couple...not even the hand of death itself.

She blinked, started from her thoughts as she glanced to Rak, the tome in one hand and his hand on her elbow gently nudging her towards the door with a grim look on his face as they headed towards the Drasoini home.

------------------------

Illusia scoffed at the image within the window, shaking her head as she sighed softly. She herself knew the day would come, a soft word as the window returned to normal...She moved towards the doors, a motion of her hand lowering the many wards as she stepped through them to meet her childhood guardians at the entrance.
Last edited by Illusia on Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

She took lean against the tree as emerald eyes adjusted to the darkness surrounding her. Shaking her head, her teeth clenched as she waited for them to arrive. She crossed her arms over her chest, pulling the hood close about her face, as the emerald robes shifted around her form. A faint glow several feet from the knotted trees announced the arrival of her childhood guardians...the shadows shifted to hide the woman as she pushed off of the trees, an odd smirk turning her lips as she watched as they materialized, oblivous that she was ready and waiting for them.

-----------------------------

"Do you think she will despise us once this is done Rak?" Golden eyes fixed on him as the soft golden glow about them died away and left them in darkness before what they thought to be the entrance to the Drasoini home.

Grunting as he held the tome closer to him, turning blue eyes to the woman next to him. "I do not know for sure. If I were her...I would, for many different reasons. We were entrusted to guide her in her path...to instruct her and to be her protectors in this land. In many ways we have failed her. In which allowed her to fail herself. If it had not been for her "brother" she would not have made it this far. You know the words I speak are truth. He alone has carried her through her darkest changes...he alone has been there to pick up the pieces of our shattered Legend and put her back together so that she could move on. We did nothing but stand back and watch as she fell apart, we did not offer her any help. It is because of him that we still have a Legend to bring the tome to." His voice was pained as he spoke, swallowing hard as the emotions of many years poured out in this night. He was furious with himself and with her. They should have been more attentive to their duties at hand. Though he would never tell her that, for it would destroy her. Sighing, turning back towards the direction in which they were headed. "We should not prolong this any longer." Starting towards the darkness before them.

He had left her no time to answer him...no time to speak and she moved quickly to his side as they went to face the woman they had come to know as the Legend. Years before her birth they had studied her in school. Years before her birth she was a Legend, as she was now. Before her birth they knew that they were destined to deliver this news...but they never knew it would be like this, nor did they know the outcome of what was yet to come. They were but a foot from where they thought the entrance to be when she stopped suddenly, gasping in surprise as she gripped Rak's arm tightly. Her voice hoarse, "She is there...she is waiting for us." She could not see the woman, but the eerie darkness surrounding them told her that she was hiding in the shadows...

She had stayed hidden within the darkness. It would have taken a very perceptive and powerful person to be able to even sense her, let alone to sift through the shadows to find her. It was true that her powers had grown enormously over the years. Having learned to wield powers from both light and dark. "Yer powers are growing weaker by the day Elders..." That same smirk turned her lips as her auras shifted within the depths of the shadows that had pooled around her. Emerald eyes shifted to silver as she watched the pair approach her. They were wary of her...she could even sense their fear. She turned sharply on her heel as she hissed the incantation that caused the knotted trees to shudder to life, parting so that they may enter. She took a step back as the shadows returned to their owners, a hand motioned the pair to enter her home, that same smirk on her face as she felt the presence of the man that had captured her heart.

----------------------------

His mind was wandering, dancing across the patterns of events that had brought Illusia to him, back to him, given him his heart back and let his wife-to-be, be given back her joy. He considered then the mutters of Prophecy. He was a mage, a worker of the magics of the planes, he knew the touch of Fate when he felt it directing his own actions. There was nothing forced of course, the feelings were true as were his actions, just, they had the feel of...re-enactment, as if this had been prewritten, determined to happen for a -purpose- but what that purpose was, the mage was still in the dark about. He considered his own existence, something nearly endless, an ageless fire that would only flicker out in dark and vile times. He let his mind weave in and out of past and present, trying to connect the threads of Fate to give himself a clearer picture of what was going on. But unlike Rak and Ilonean, he did not know the story, nor the finer points, so the mage, the fire elemental that had found himself in the conflict, was left with only a vague understanding that there WAS a Greater Conflict happening here. But who the sides were and what they were fighting for was still mostly hidden from him. He only knew that Illusia, his soon to be wife, was a key figure in it all.

His musings were interrupted as Illusia used the windows to scry, the touch of her power within his home reminded him of their connection, and before he could send a pulse of love through their bond, she worked a bit more magic. Dracos felt the wards being lowered, even here, deep within his meditations out in the Plane of Fire, his ancestral home. His body was composed of liquid fire, green in tint, his 'eyes' twin points of white light that betrayed nothing, no emotion, no sight, just a semblance of the organs that mortals would use to sense the world about them. He let his
conscious mind sweep their home, noting Illusia's movements, and in meremoments, the speed of thought, his 'body' had reformed around him and he was streaking through the ethereal until it connected with the focus point of his planar teleport, his front steps. He kept his body hidden from view, easy to do here in a familiar place, though he let Illusia sense his presence, watching over her, ready to act with a moment's notice. He opened his ears and simply listened to the conversation as it unfolded around him.

((Wriitten by Dracos' and Illusia's players))
Last edited by Illusia on Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

Her robes whispered silently on the ground as she stepped within the opening that the tree provided, a whispered word and a motion of her hand as the opening sealed itself. Shrouded in the gentle lights of the main hall as she cast a glance to the darkest shadows, a hand reached out to caress Dracos' cheek as if to say, "Thank you for returning in my time of need," it was quick and fleeting, as she knew he would understand as she quickly ascended the stairs behind the pair ahead of her. The smirk again curled her lips as she made a motion with her hand once again, emerald eyes glittering softly as the large double doors opened at her will, admitting those that seeked entrance to their home...another whispered word brought the many wards to rise again around the Drasoini home.

He was the first to speak as the doors closed, turning towards her immediately lowering his eyes as he lowered himself to a knee before her, "My lady, I wish we could come to you in better times, as we know you are quite busy with your wedding arrangments. It is quite rude of us to wake you from slumber to speak on matters that could be percieved as grave."

She had opened her mouth to speak, and golden eyes turned towards Rak as he spoke first. She as well had lowered herself to her knee before the Legend her eyes cast downwards towards the floor.

Emerald eyes now settled on the pair before her as she felt Dracos move to stand at her side, she felt him slipping an arm around her waist. She felt more at ease as just his presence so suddenly, reminded her that she would never have to stand alone again. She took a deep breath as she thought her words out carefully..."Ye did nae wake m' an twould nae mattered 'ad ye er nae. I knew ye were comin' an I know why yer 'ere. Wha' I do nae know is why ye've waited this lon' afore bringin' it ta m'attention. Ye knows o' tha legends o' old as do I, but...it seems tha' I 'ave been left in tha dark fer these mana years." Her voice was stern, yet very gentle and even soothing as she spoke to them. She was indeed upset and confused herself as she had watched them within the window tonight and several nights in the past...but now she sought answers...answers she was finally ready to accept and hear. "Now then...shall we discuss tha' matter at 'and?" She was anxious to actually hear what they had to say...anxious to finally have all the pieces fit together.

They both rose and stood before her, neither actually knowing where to begin, but knowing that they had to start somewhere and so they started from the beginning as they settled their eyes on the pair.

"My lady you know of the legends and scrolls that were accessible to you as a child, but what you do not know are the pieces that tie them all together. I am not sure where to begin, so I will start from the very beginning." He took a deep breath as his blue eyes studied the woman before him, they were filled with pride as he watched her and the man next to her. "Many many years before you were birthed my lady, we, the Mystik people prepared ourselves for the destiny that was to be yours. Everything that has happened to you in the span of your life was meant to be. I myself studied all my life in order to be your guardian, as did Ilonean, though we both feel that we have failed you in your darkest times. All the studying and preparation in the world could not prepare us for the pain that you felt and the guilt we carried because you had to suffer through so much, and so we did nothing...which of us and our duties, is dishonorable." He paused, thinking and watching their reaction as he sought how word the next part correctly.

It was her turn to speak now, so end the silence she did. "My lady, thus far do you understand what has happened to you in the span of your life?"

Emerald eyes flickered towards Ilonean. "Ta an extent, aye I do. There are mana questions left unanswered o'er tha years...mana thin's I do nae understan' why they 'ad ta 'appen as such...an exactly wha' part they play wit'in tha destiny tha' 'as been written fer m'. Thus far in m'life, up until recent events, I was able to fit tha pieces tagether m'self. Wha' I do nae understan' is four winters 'go, pure ice began ta flow through m'veins...no mortal er immortal could stan' tha touch o' m'bare skin...this Elders I do nae understan'." Emerald eyes flickered between the two.

"My lady, your heart and soul were very troubled during that time no? You had returned home to find the man you loved and that had fathered twins, in the arms of another woman and wed no? You were branded a murderer...You had stood against scandal on the Isle, branded a whore...homewrecker and harlot, no?" She felt no remorse as she spoke the words.

She hissed the words through clenched teeth as she listened to Ilonean..."Enough old one. I do nae care ta remember er relive tha pains o' tha past. It 'as already caused m' enough pain."

"The shadows then came to you, the shadows and darkness that was meant to be yours...have you not noticed that since then your powers have grown? The ability to move the shadows to your will has grown over the years. You've power over the shadows my lady. You were not to come to these powers until much later in your life, but because of what Mazin did in the Dark Moons, you had no choice but to face them before you were ready, and thus the cold overcame you. Do you remember? You were on Twilight Isle that night...battling against another within the ring. "

She did remember...she had not wanted to harm the woman in the ring before her, but her power and surged and the force behind the spell was a bit much even for the wards, and she turned her eyes from the pair and towards the window, the pain of that night alone flooding through her once again, as she shook her head, her voice barely audible. "Aye Ilonean, I remember." She felt Dracos pull her closer to him and wrap his arms around her, his hands settling over her stomach, as he encouraged her to lean back against him. His words were not spoken as he remained silent, he gave her strength in her time of need, protection and the love and support that she had never had before, and this alone gave her the courage to face her past and her destiny with her head held high.

"You were weak my lady, you heart and soul were in turmoil...your own protective wards were lowered and the shadows darkness sought that in you that night. Your brother, Mazin whom you thought to be locked away, is very much free and searching for you my lady...and he is not alone...at his side is a ghost from your past...the last of the Ekralan's stand at his side my lady."

Rak snapped his gaze to Ilonean, opening his mouth to rebute her comment, shaking his head. The damage was done, he could do nothing else as he now turned his blue eyes to the couple before them. Searching the Legend to see if she was able to piece it together now. As pain filled his own blue eyes, knowing what she was to have to face...again...only this time it would be the ending and a beginning...Only one twin would survive this battle and the other would be left broken for eternity.

She literally went weak at the knees against Dracos, her breath caught in her throat as she paled. She understood now, she understood what all her training and events in her life were adding up to...though she still was in disbelief. She was sure that day on the Isle that Phantom had sealed her brothers soul forever, she was so sure of it she had not thought back on it in many years. Her auras shifted as she turned her now silver eyes towards Ilonean, hissing. "Ye lies old woman, Mazin 'as been locked away fer several winters, I watched as Phantom sent 'im ta tha abyss, nae e'er ta walk tha Realms 'gain." At the very mention of the Ekralan's, the brand on her back began to pulse, she gritted her teeth against the pain as she watched the pair, waiting for them to speak as emerald fires flickered within her silver eyes.

His voice was calm, though the emotions sweeping him were not as it was now his turn to speak. "My lady, she does not speak untruths, but the truth and it must be told. Do you remember that day on the Isle when Mazin came to you? Do you remember the words that Phantom spoke? "As long as my love for you is true, so shall your brother be locked away." Alas my lady his words were untrue, and in that, the binding of your brother failed and he was free again to seek you out. He had slipped through the wards of our homelands my lady and sought out the Ekralan bloodline. For many years they laid in hiding, wielding and forging blades and many weapons and potions, one that would bring them victory in the battle ahead. You knew of this, though you did not know that your brother as well had come to help him in his research. Recently they have disappeared, none of my scouts had been able to gather any information on them, regrettably. Until your recent return and the recent attacks on you, we thought all to be at a stand still...but the events of recent proved this not to be true. One of my scouts returned to me yester eve and his dying words were his report to me that after the second attack and the encounter with you and your husband has sent both Mazin and Kraig back into hiding."

She nodded as she listened to the words being spoken. Her own hands had slid to find Dracos', their left hands entertwining with one another as her right laid over his upon her stomach and the child within. She sighed softly as she spoke. "So this is ta be m'destiny then. I've ta face them both 'gain?"

That roguish grin again spread across his lips as his dark green eyes danced with a dangerous light as he had let the conversation sink in as he stood there. His arms tightened around his wife, comforting her and reminding her that he was there, he had not said much during the span of their conversation, and now it was his time to speak, though he had not much to say...but what he did have to say was quite enough as he cleared his throat and looked towards the pair and then turning his wife to him and gazing deep within her eyes as he spoke. That dangerous glitter still within his eyes, a smile on his face. "This is our destiny beloved and we will face them both together."

((Written by Illusia and Dracos' players))
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

Smiles curved lips on the faces of the Elders as Dracos spoke the words they needed to hear to reassure themselves of the outcome of the battle yet to come. It was not written in the legends or histories which twin would overcome which, but in their souls, they knew that Illusia would be the one to walk the realms afterwards...she had to be.

Silver eyes looked deep into Dracos' as he spoke those words, she was searching his soul once again to find truth in his words, she had seen that look before in his eyes and she knew he spoke the truth. Then she lowered her eyes to the ring on her left finger, her mind then wandering to the plans that laid in the near future...turning silver eyes back up towards his, her own reflecting emerald flames within signifying her own intentions and she smiled and nodded to him, brushing a quick kiss to his lips. "Aye love we shall indeed." Turning and facing the pair once again. "Our decision is now made, now we must know tha particulars on this matter. We need all tha information tha' ye 'ave on the Ekralan an' m'brother. I also need ta review tha tome on tha matters tha' do nae fit tagether in m'life so tha' I may understan' exactly wha' this entails. Do nae leave ana scrolls missing er I will know." She thought a moment as she watched the pairs reaction. "I also need tha scrolls tha' carry tha outcome o' this great battle we are s'posed ta fight."

They both began shaking their heads, each glancing to one another as Ilonean finally spoke, "My lady we cannot give you those scrolls."

"An' why nae?"

"Because they are not yet written my lady, they do not exist. We have the legends up until the day that the battle is to supposedly take place. After that my lady there is nothing."

She thought on this for a moment, using the powers that she had gained in her years to search the Elder's soul to see if she spoke the truth and she did. Quirking a brow as she pondered the matter, nodding to her as she continued to speak.

"From the histories that we have been able to gather my lady, on the supposed day you meet with the Ekralan and Mazin, only one twin will survive the battle, the other is to be sent to the Abyss for eternity. Nought shall free them from the prison they are sent to. The outcome is unforseen my lady and for this we deeply apologize. What we do know is this...On the night that the battle is supposedly to ensue, you will be shrouded in darkness, not a shadow to be seen, not a glimmer of light within the night skies, even the skies of the Twilight Isle will fall dark on this night. The moon will disappear from the skies, the sun from the day. Two days you will supposedly have to find your brother and the Ekralan, and should you and your husband fail my lady, our ancestral homelands will be destroyed, as a token and a reminder of your errors. When you do find your brother, you will have not the aide of your bond with the Isle, as from many nights of research he has found a place between the two Realms in which the battle will supposedly take place. A place of neutral grounds so to speak. He plans to trap you between the Realms so that you are virtually powerless my lady." She paused her to let the information sink into the couple as she watched them.

Her auras shifted as she listened to Ilonean's words, shaking her head as she felt Dracos' arms tighten around her once again, left hand entertwined within her own and his right laid protectively over her stomach and their child within. She thought long and hard on the words spoken tonight and the words that she had had many years ago with the Elders and her parents. The many nights she had spent in her study, studying the ancient Legends...Though one thing stuck out in her mind as she furrowed her brow, an idea forming in her mind. "Ye said tha' up until tha supposed day...does this mean tha' day is nae certain? An' iffin so, an' iffin I were ta change tha Legends Ilonean, wha' o' tha'?"

She hid the grin that was trying to escape as she watched as Illusia began to understand just how powerful she was...as she began to understand that she herself had the powers to write that which was not yet written, and change what was. "What do you mean my lady?"

"Iffin I were ta lure m'brother an Ekralan from 'idin' ta ensue tha battle takes place in a place o' m'choosin', wha' then? Wha' then will become o' tha Legends?" Silver eyes focused on the woman as she spoke, her tone regulated the authority she had held over her kingdom for many years, her demeanor as well had regressed as she stood there before them.

Ilonean regarded the woman with a curious glance as she looked to Rak for his aide, they had both seen the change in her in that very second that they were there and they knew that she alone wrote the Legends of old...that she alone held power enough to change those Legends in the here and now, and so he spoke...

"My lady, the Legends you've read are prewritten as was most of your life thus far. On the day that the end will come, it has yet to be written. It has been said that only you could write the Legends my lady, so..." After giving much thought to his answers and their words, he smiled to her as he acknowledged her powers..."I would believe that yes...yes you could if you so chose."

She smiled broadly as she nodded to him, leaning back against her husband. "Then I so chose ta then. Let it be known ta ye both wha' decision I 'ave made." She said it with the air of a Queen...which in fact is what she was...she watched as the pair lowered themselves once again to their knees before her. "I need all tha information ye 'as an I wish o' it by sunset o' this eve...I need time ta study these thin's an manipulate tha legend as it is written thus far ta m'will an fin' a way ta lure them back ta a place o' m'choosin'." With the help of the man that held her in his loving arms, she had found herself again...he had guided her soul to peace and in that had allowed herself to find who she was once again...
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

Dracos smiled down to his beloved Illusia, holding her close against his body, knowing that he could lose her very easily in the coming battles. He leaned down to kiss her cheek, chastely, for the benefit of their guests. Dark green eyes focused upon his love's emerald as he spoke softly into her ear, before standing again, "You know that I will be at your side my love." A smile still upon his lips as his mind drifted to plans for the future ahead of them. He knew she was a Queen, and rightfully so, but he doubted that he could ever stand by her side as her equal in that, it would be a hard stretch. There were many questions that he had, they danced within his mind as he would save them for when the two left, so that he might understand fully, he blinked slowly, his mind having drifted with his musings.

Sensing the questions as she sighed softly, shaking her head a bit as she turned towards the doors of their home, watching as the Elders took their cue and left to retrieve that which was needed in their preparations. She felt his arms slip from her and the gentle heat from his kiss, she canted her head to the side as she crossed her own arms around her, shivering, though there was no chill within their home, she stepped over towards the window overlooking the forest...She honestly did not know what to say to him, so instead she gazed out over the forest. So quiet and serene...like her life had once been...But now, even though the most important aspect was quiet and serene in her heart and soul, her mind was troubled with this news. She shook her head again as her robes whispered about her form. It was going to be a long night, this she knew as she had a lot to answer to in her future husband, turning as she watched him enter their bedroom.

The two had left for the moment, so he unwrapped his arms from Illusia, tilting his head down to kiss her upon the lips, then turned and strode for their bedroom, bare feet all but silent upon the flooring. Slipping inside he moved over to a dresser and opened the top drawer rummaging for a more comfortable set of robes, tonight was looking to be a long night, and he wanted to at least not feel like he had to scratch his skin off every few minutes...He stepped from their bedroom a grin on his lips as he strode over to Illusia, wrapping his arms around her from behind and leaning to whisper into her ear. "Everything alright my beloved?" Caressing her arms through the robes...Who was this Ekralan? He wondered but sensing her distress and unease through their bond, he quickly put the question to the back of his mind and made attempts to comfort her.

She shook her head, leaning back against him...letting out a sigh. "Aye my love, I just need ta explain ta you exactly wha' is goin' on an whom Kraig Ekralan is." Stepping away from his arms as she grasped his hand gently and led him to the couch. "Sit my love an I shall answer tha questions runnin' rampant through yer mind."

He dared not resist her for her felt something different in his future wife this night...It was nothing negative, but just intriguing. His love and concern for her danced within his eyes as he sat upon the couch, crossing a leg over the other as he leaned back, allowing her to speak, though his left hand stayed entertwined with her's as a reassuring gesture that no matter what she was about to tell him, he would not love her any less...only more.

Sighing softly as she felt his hand, a semblance of a smile as she kneeled before him and told him the story she had hidden from everyone for many many years. "Mana years 'go I fell in love wit' a common boy in our kingdom...m'mother an father warned m'o' 'im but I was youn' an naive an dinnae pay much min' ta them. We met mana times at tha outskirts o' m'families kingdom an tha lan's in which 'e lived, m'first mistake was tha' 'e was mortal an I was nae...so m'love would live on fer 'im after I watched as 'e grew old an died. But it dinnae e'er come ta tha'...'is father took m'from m'family fer a year...'e 'ad found out tha' 'e an I 'ad been seein' one another fer some time now an 'e grew furious wit' m'. I 'ad nae ana idea tha' tha family was tha same family tha' m'family 'ad been at war wit' fer mana years...Ekralan...they were people much tha same as Anubis...an when I see Anubis all I see is Eric once 'gain. An this brand Dracos...this brand is a reminder o' wha' I did mana years 'go...I remember now...I 'ad locked it away fer so mana years tha' when it 'appeend I refused ta acknowledge tha' it could be true. Tha dagger, tha serpent orb...it all fits tagether now...Fer years an years after I 'ad freed m'self o' 'is collar I 'ad Essel from wit'in send word once a moon ta m' o' wha' tha Ekralan's were doin'. They studied an forged mana a blades o'er tha mana years an passin generations...ta finally be able ta find one weapon tha' would kill one o' Mystik blood...m'...an finally 'e did. Mana o' tha women o' m'omelan's fell missin' early Spring. We 'ad attributed it ta tha Elder festival, but when they 'ad nae e'er returned we knew tha' somethin' else was amidst. Essel's slain body was left at tha doorstep o' m'castle tha day after I was crowned...Essel was an immortal...a Mystik as I am Dracos. Slain by a mortal blade...a mortal blade tha' could kill m'. Fer years 'e 'ad foun' ways ta extend 'is life until one day 'e could let 'is legacy live on in 'is son ta fin' m'...McClain was tha mortal name 'e 'ad gi'en 'imself ... 'uman 'e called 'imself. 'e vowed tha' 'e would search tha lands fer tha rest o' 'is life fer m' til 'e 'ad found m' an reclaimed m' as 'is, an fer killin' 'is father. An so my beloved, this is the troubled tale behind your future wife. A part I 'ave 'idden fer mana years from ana upon these san's." Emerald eyes finally looked up to her husband but only for a minute before falling to the couch, awaiting his reaction.

Return to “Shadows Unbroken”