2024 End of Summer All Ranks Tournament

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Alasdair Galloway
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

2024 End of Summer All Ranks Tournament

Post by Alasdair Galloway »

The Duel of Swords Staff is proud to announce the
2024 End of Summer Cycle All Ranks Tournament!

All Ranks, title holders included, are eligible to join!

The All Ranks Tournament will take place on Saturday, September 21st at 8:10 PM (EST). We ask all participants to arrive before 8 so that they can be counted as present and prepared. There are no activity requirements to join the tournament.

Tournament Prizes

Tournament Prizes are awarded according to the All Ranks Tournament Rules. The first-place finisher will have the first choice of any prize available (see exceptions below). Each subsequent finisher shall then choose their prize until there are no prizes remaining.

Premier Prize: The Barony of Dragon's Gate

Do you miss being in school? Did you ever think of living in one? Or re-living those dorm days? Then maybe you'd like the Barony of Dragon's Gate and to live at the Dueling Sword Dueling School! Be a guest instructor! Or don't do anything since you can't get fired!

Special Prize: The Talon of Redwin

“The Talon of Redwin is awarded to the highest placed tournament duelist with the rank of Grand Master or below after calculating wins gained throughout the night. The Talon or Redwin is named in honor of one of the Arena's most illustrious and well known duelers, Siera Redwin, past Overlord and Baron of the rings.”

The winner of the Talon will also be rewarded with a Barony Challenge Grant, which can be used anytime beginning with the next cycle until the cycle’s end. This Grant cannot be gifted, and follows all terms of the Universal Rules of Challenge.

The Talon of Redwin may also select a prize from the prize pool.

Tournament Grant

1. Overlord Challenge Grant (Test Free)

Only a duelist ranked Warlord/Baron can choose the test-free Overlord Challenge Grant prize. The winner of this grant will have 14 days beginning the day after the tournament (Sunday, September 22nd (6ET)) to challenge the Overlord. Normal challenge guidelines must be followed. No special grant holders may intercede during these challenges, nor can the Overlord initiate a Test of Worthiness.

Donated Prizes

1. Arena Prize

Luminous Dagger.

The Luminous Dagger is a blade forged entirely from pure, radiant light. Its form is sleek and ethereal, shimmering with a soft, otherworldly glow that seems to pulse gently with each heartbeat of the wielder and shines even brighter in darkness. The blade is weightless in the hand, almost as if it were made of air, yet sharp enough to cut through the darkness itself.

2. Arena Prize

The Cursed Cloak

A long, tattered cloak made of dark, shadowy fabric which almost blends into the darkness. The edges are frayed, with wisps of ethereal smoke curling from them. Strange, glowing runes faintly pulsate along its seams and give off an ominous red or purple light. The cloak seems alive, shifting subtly even when untouched, as if it’s haunted. A deep, unsettling aura surrounds it, and whoever wears it is shrouded in an inescapable gloom, their face partially obscured by dark energy.

The cloak allows you to become nearly invisible in the darkness and to teleport between shadows. But beware! Wearing it too long may corrupt the wearer and have them fall under its curse.

3. Grace Breaker Challenge Grant

This Baronial Challenge Grant can be used as a normal challenge grant, or to challenge a Loyal Baron who is in their grace period following a successful defense. This grant cannot be gifted and can be used anytime beginning with the next cycle until the cycle's end.

All Duelists will have their recorded wins throughout the night added to their record!

Entrants:

1. Gillette
2. Sly
3. Trinity
4. Haru
5. Jake
6. Rachael
7. Eregor
8. Abby
9. Takai
10. Dris
11. Herne
12. Delaney
13. Droet
14. Crash

(( OOC: Early Seeding will be based on the Cycle Rankings found on the Duel of Swords Standings page, followed by sign up or walk in time for those that don't pre-register. As this is an All Ranks Tournament, all participating duelists will be fighting at the Warlord Rank: this means participants are granted four (4) fancies during their matches. This tournament will be Double Elimination.

As previously noted, if we receive 16 or more early sign-ups, we will be exploring alternatives to the format. If we have less than 16 advanced sign-ups as of 8 PM (EST) on Thursday, September 19th, walk-ons (anyone signing up thereafter) will be welcome on a first-come-first-served basis, capped at 16. NEW: If we have five or fewer participants as of 8:10 PM (EST) the format will be Round Robin.

Any early sign-ups who arrive after 8:00 EST the night of the tournament will lose their place and be considered a walk-on subject to the first-come-first-served cap.

With the announcement of the All Ranks Tournament, the Overlord Grace Period —wherein no challenges can be made except by the winner of Overlord Challenge Grant (Test Free) prize or a Banished Loyal Baron— begins September 7th 6 EST and extends until October 6th 6 EST. ))
Gillette Brooke
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: 2024 End of Summer All Ranks Tournament

Post by Gillette Brooke »

I'm in!
Gillette Brooke
SlyDemonblade
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by SlyDemonblade »

I'm in
Julia Winters
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Julia Winters »

Due to a dire personal emergency, I will be unable to prepare in time to participate in this tournament. I have already turned the Talon of Redwin over to the DoS authorities, may it bring victory to its next wielder.

Adieu for now,
Julia Winters
Lost Valkyrie
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Lost Valkyrie »

I would like to give this a try.

- Trinity Siempre
Haru Jeong
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Haru Jeong »

Let’s go again.
-Haru
Jakobi Velenti
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Jakobi Velenti »

I'll take a stab at it.

- Jake Valentine
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Barring duties that will prevent mon participation, I will enter this tournament.

--Rachael Blackthorne
Eregor
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
"You Traitorous Cur"

Post by Eregor »

Let's make it a full weekend. I'm in for this tournament, too!

Eregor Túr Gairdín
Abby Fenner
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Abby Fenner »

I already go to school at Dragon's Gate Dueling Sword Dueling School. Might be nice to be in charge!

Abby Fenner
Takai Masamune
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Takai Masamune »

Count me in.
-Takai
BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

I'm feeling feisty! Sign me up!

- Dris
Herne The Huntsman
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Herne The Huntsman »

A beige sheaf of vellum was pinioned to the corkboard with a rondel-handled dagger, the margins still daubed with stains of ovine blood in places.

A crude drawing of a man with a deer's head on a horse was embossed onto the pinkish flesh, the horseman clearly heading into a rough facsimile of the Arena.

"Entering"
Delaney Lovell
Adventurer
Adventurer
The Dire

Post by Delaney Lovell »

Sounds fun! I'll be there!

- "The Dire" Delaney Lovell
Droet the Bold
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Droet the Bold »

It would be fun to win another title from a tournament. I'm in.

- Droet the Bold

Return to “The Arena”