Summer 2024 All Ranks MEGACAST

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Summer 2024 All Ranks MEGACAST

Post by Claire Gallows »

Sunday June 23rd - 8 PM ET

It's been four years since our last one so for what may be my last All Ranks Tournament as a steward of Twilight Isle, the Megacast is back! To celebrate summer, come out on Sunday, June 23rd at 8 PM by the Eastern clock for a night of mega-spellcasting, barbecue, and prizes!

How does it work? Here's a refresher:

- It's everyone vs. everyone else!
- Each participant gets 10 HP and 4 MP. ((OOC: MP are your mod points -- they represent and work the same as normal foci.))
- Once your HP runs out, you are eliminated from the Ring.
- It's that simple!

Spellcasting starts at 8:10 PM ET. Please sign up below as sign ups will be limited to the first 16 participants. Not in the top 16? Sign up anyways and I'll put you on the priority list should one of the 16 not show.

1. Julia Winters
2. Maggie Harker
3. Gillette Brooke
4. Rachael Blackthorne
5. Dris
6. Gatito
7. Haru Jeong
8. Trinity
9. Nikolai Allen

Standby:

----------------------------
((OOC logistics:
- This will be hand called via DMs as the bot cannot accommodate a Megacast format.

- At the start of each round, you will pick two spells and a target. The first spell is the primary spell, and it stands as your offense. The other spell is the secondary spell, and it's used to defend against others' primary spells if you are targeted. For this incarnation of the Megacast, Nether Ray, Immolation, and Elemental Fury are not allowed. The target is just that -- where you're aiming that primary spell!

NOTE: An example of an accepted cast per round is as follows -- 1. Mage Bolt - Matt / Mind Whip

- There will be a "turn order" set before the Megacast starts, and it will determine the order that spells are considered to be cast. This matters mostly in the case where more than one person attacks a single duelist. So in a brawl where the order is Royal, Jesse, Nayun, and Na-rae, if Royal and Jesse both attack Na-rae, Royal's primary spell will be matched against Na-rae's secondary spell, and Jesse will hit Na-rae unhindered. After each round, the turn order is shifted forward by one duelist -- so whoever went first in one round will go last in the second.
- Turn order will be set by sign ups.
- Instead of choosing to attack with your primary spell, you have the option to employ a Static Defense -- defending someone instead of attacking them. This is shown by putting SD in front of your target.

NOTE: An example of an accepted cast per round is as follows -- if Royal wanted to cover Max with RF and counter with WB, she would send "2. RF - SD Max / WB"

- 3 minute maximum to cast between rounds, please. This format is not a quick one! Exceeding 3 minutes once will result in a friendly reminder from the caller. Anything after that will result in a null round, meaning no spell was invoked and the opponent's spell scores for maximum damage. After a null round, the duelist is still not allowed to use whatever spell they most recently used -- that way the null round does not serve as a type of disengage. In the case anyone needs more than 3 minutes for an urgent/special circumstance, please alert the caller, opponent(s), and the room so that they know you need a few minutes and will return.))
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Re: Summer 2024 All Ranks MEGACAST

Post by Claire Gallows »

Hot hot hot prizes incoming! We've got more than our standard pool, allowing more chances to win. In addition, first place will take home 5 Wins for their record, second place will take home 3 wins for their record, and third place will take home 2 wins for their record.

Prizes:

1. Pyroclast’s Gauntlet:
The Pyroclast’s Gauntlet is a dark dragon hide glove armored with shimmering red dragon scales and enchanted metals. On the palm of the gauntlet are etched runes that glow with fiery light, which intensifies when its spell work is activated. It is always warm to the touch, but blazes with heat while in use, burning enemies that the user touches—but not the user themself.

This gauntlet allows the wearer to cast spells laced with the fury of Elemental Fire. Fire Bolt, Fiery Aura, and Wall of Flame are just a few that are possible. (EF Prize)

2. Everburning Candle:
The Everburning Candle is a slender, crimson candle lit with a bright, unwavering flame that emits no heat and never goes out. This candle never melts or diminishes in any way, thanks to the runes inscribed in both its waxy column and its brass holder. Its magical flame is capable of illuminating the darkest of places, warding off beings of darkness and illuminating hidden paths.

This candle can also be used as a focus for fire-based spells, bolstering both their duration and their potency. It can also be used to light other magical fires, though it should be noted that fires lit from the everburning candle do not have the same eternal quality unless subjected to further spell work.

3. Sunstone Amulet:
The Sunstone Amulet features a radiant gemstone of a fiery golden hue, set in a delicate gold filigree pendant. The stone seems to glow with its own inner light and emits a gentle warmth in time with its wearer’s pulse. This powerful amulet converts sunlight into healing energy, allowing the wearer to rapidly recover from wounds and fatigue.

This amulet can also be used as a magical focus to strengthen healing spells for use upon the wearer and others.

4. Firefly Drake:
Firefly Drakes are small members of the draconic family, growing to no larger than a house cat, with shimmering scales that come in a variety of colors. Their delicate wings are translucent and sparkle like a swarm of fireflies, and their belly scales glow with gentle warmth.

Their powers are limited, but can be potent. When threatened, they can emit a bright burst of light from their bellies to temporarily blind their foes. They can also breathe small bursts of flame and summon swarms of magical fireflies to distract their enemies.

Highly intelligent and curious, these drakes are often found investigating new features and phenomena in their environment, and are said to understand human speech very well.

5. Warding Lantern:
The Warding Lantern is an ornate lantern made of polished brass and etched with ancient runes. It houses an ethereal blue flame with in its crystal enclosure. It is said to have been forged by mystic monks, who infused both the lantern and its flame with protective enchantments.

This lantern casts a soothing light that repels dark magic and malevolent spirits, creating a safe space for those within its vicinity. Its light can also melt illusions and reveal hidden traps, ensuring safe passage for travelers through treacherous places.

It can be carried by adventurers for their party’s protection, or it can be magically attached to a home’s existing threshold and wards for added protection for the household.

6. Forever Firecrackers:
The Forever Firecrackers are a small cluster of vibrantly colored firecrackers contained within an ornate, fireproof box that is adorned with celestial patterns.

These firecrackers are renowned for their versatility and endless supply. When ignited, the firecrackers burst into a dazzling display of light and color, which makes them perfect for celebrations and other entertainment uses. But they can also be used during the course of combat to distract enemies or create small, powerful explosions.

The enchantment placed upon them by the Pyrokinetic Guild ensures that as long as one firecracker remains unlit, the entire collection will continually replenish itself. It takes roughly two days for the collection to completely regrow.

7. Smoldering Charcoal:
Smoldering Charcoal consists of pieces of deep black artist’s charcoal with veins of glowing red running through their length. These pieces come inside a small, black fireproof box etched with the runes of a flame-retardant enchantment.

This magical tool is prized by magicians and artists alike. When the charcoal is used for drawing, it leaves a trail of smoldering lines that will eventually settle into a burned-in sort of permanence, making it perfect for inscribing etchings onto wood, stone, and other surfaces. When used for spell work, things heat up quickly. A simple X drawn upon the ground can produce a warm and steady campfire, while the appropriate runes inscribed upon a building can set the entire structure ablaze.

Smoldering Charcoal’s potent magic makes it both versatile and dangerous, capable of both creation and destruction.

8. Flamebound Scroll:
The Flamebound Scroll is an enchanted parchment made of fire-resistant papyrus and tied with a flaming ribbon. Within its curled form, its user will find spells of great power written in shifting glyphs that flicker like living flames. Among the spells it provides are: Ignite, Inferno Blast, Emberstep, and Molten Chains.

Though the spells contained within the scroll are very powerful, its magic is forgiving and adaptive, making it easy even for beginners to learn and utilize their power.

9. Scorching Salve:
Scorching Salve is a potent alchemical ointment stored in a small jar carved from obsidian. This salve continually radiates a faint warmth, even when the jar is sealed.

When the salve is applied to a weapon, it imbues that weapon with intense heat and even live flame, which aggravates the damage dealt. When the salve is applied to armor, however, it provides temporary immunity to damage by fire spells and will burn attackers who come into contact with it.

10. Hot Butter Knife:
The Hot Butter Knife appears to be an elegant, antique butter knife with an ornate handle featuring a floral pattern. A subtle enchantment placed upon its blade allows it to gently melt butter or cheese as it is spread, and it can even toast the bread when used by a deft hand.

This little butter knife is useful for more than culinary pursuits, however, as that same enchantment allows its blade to slide into or through most surfaces, including wood, stone, or even flesh, like a hot knife through butter. This makes it a powerful, but unassuming tool for self-defense.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Post by Claire Gallows »

Menu:

(Menu courtesy of Gatito)
Julia Winters
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Julia Winters »

I'll throw my hat into this melee as well!

Julia Winters
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

I'll be there!

Maggie
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Gillette Brooke
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gillette Brooke »

Im in!
Gillette Brooke
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Barring duties that will prevent mon participation, I will enter this tournament.

--Rachael Blackthorne
BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

Sounds fun! I’ll be there!

- Dris
Partly Cloudy
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Partly Cloudy »

Count me in!

—Gatito
Haru Jeong
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Haru Jeong »

I’ll come out again if I can, this’ll be fun.
-Haru

((OOC Note: I’m out of town that weekend but should be home by start time, I’ll try to alert y’all if I can’t make it and my phone has life.))
Gillette Brooke
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gillette Brooke »

I'm in!
Gillette Brooke
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Post by Claire Gallows »

-In regards to spell repetition please note the following:
The same spell cannot be used as both your attack and defense and you must have 2 spells between before you can repeat a previously used spell.

NOTE: An example of spell repetition in rounds would be as follows:
R1 - MB - Royal / MW.
R2 - FT - Max / MB *(as MB can now be used again)*.
R3 - MW *(as MW can now be used again)* - Royal / FT *(as FT can now be used again)*
Lost Valkyrie
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Lost Valkyrie »

Hello. I got the impression I should post here on the cork, but I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly. It was a decision made in haste, and I apologize for any trouble that causes, but I would like to participate in this event. My name is Trinity. Thank you for your time.
Nikolai Allen
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Nikolai Allen »

I will try this time! I hope there's smoothies!
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Post by Claire Gallows »

We had a lovely round eight person Megacast last night, featuring a delectable spread of delicious food and a whole treasure trove of prizes to hand out. Everyone walked away with one!

When all was said and done, and twenty-six rounds had passed, our winner was Mairead Harker, who overcame an HP deficit when entering the 1v1 section against Gatito, to win the whole kit and caboodle!

Here's how our prizes shook out!

Top 8 - Prize - WoL

Maggie - Firefly Drake - 5
Gatito - Pyroclast's Gauntlet - 3
Nikolai - Hot Butter Knife - 2
Dris - Forever Firecrackers
Rachael - Warding Lantern
Julia - Sunstone Amulet
Trinity - Everburning Candle
Gillette - Flamebound scroll

Return to “Twilight Isle”