Challenge for Dockside Barony

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Nikolai Allen
Adventurer
Adventurer

Challenge for Dockside Barony

Post by Nikolai Allen »

The corkboard inside The Arena had a few extra points of interest on it tonight. Tacked beneath a handwritten paper reading I Nikolia Aristotle Vevea-Allen do hereby Challenge for Dockside Please see the below photocopy of the grant right provided by Abby Fenner, and witnessed by Ebon Ilnaren.
Ebon Ilnaren wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 pm Abby Fenner has won the 2024 Duel of Swords Madness Tournament!

She has elected to claim the Mad Test-Free Overlord Challenge Grant, along with 10 WoL added to her Duel of Swords record and a Baron Challenge Grant to be gifted to an active duelist of her choice. Abby has gifted this grant to Nikolai Vevea-Allen.

Below all of the papers a video playback device was secured to the board with a skull pommeled stiletto dagger. It was playing a video on loop of a pirate ship approaching the shoreline. Voices singing "Hoist the Colours" faded into the background as Nikolai began to speak. "We're coming for Dockside Baron Herne. Hide yer booty."

Alasdair Galloway
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Re: Challenge for Dockside Barony

Post by Alasdair Galloway »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 5 days of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within two weeks (14 days) of validation.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Herne The Huntsman
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Herne The Huntsman »

I ACCEPT

((Once again, turns out the Middle English for "I accept" is...I accept))
Nikolai Allen
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Nikolai Allen »

The video device was replaced by a voice activated digital recorder and playback device. This one sat silently until someone got close to the Arena's corkboard. When that happened it would automatically turn on and play a message in Nikolai's voice.

"Baron Herne and I have agreed to face each other on Wednesday, the 8th of May at 9:30 P.M. (eastern). While I was enjoying a pineapple crush at the Red Dragon, I asked Tenball if he would call. He agreed to keep an eye on everything! I gotta text that one to Abby, she won't be able to stop laughing."

Nikolai's message was followed by the sound of a woman singing Sitting on the Dock of the Bay. The voice likely had that vaguely familiar feel to it.
Nikolai Allen
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Nikolai Allen »

((Due to unforeseen circumstances, this challenge has been rescheduled for Friday the 10th @ 9:30 PM Eastern. We apologize for any inconveniences.))
Tenball
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Tenball »

The challenge for Dockside was decided in a single match! Both challenger and Baron fought their best, but it was Herne who came out the victor, surging ahead in the middle rounds to a 4-2 lead, then after a break and the start of a comeback for Niko, the Baron lunged in for the victory.

Ring Avarice: Nikolai Allen vs Herne The Huntsman in a dos duel. Begin when ready!
Ring Avarice 1: Herne The Huntsman scores! (TH / FLP | 0 - 1, Herne The Huntsman leads.)
Ring Avarice 2: Nikolai Allen scores! (LC / FDU | 1 - 1, Herne The Huntsman and Nikolai Allen.)
Ring Avarice 3: Nikolai Allen scores! (FCP / LC | 2 - 1, Nikolai Allen leads.)
Ring Avarice 4: Herne The Huntsman scores! (TH / FSS | 2 - 2, Herne The Huntsman and Nikolai Allen.)
Ring Avarice 5: Herne The Huntsman scores! (FDU / SL | 2 - 3, Herne The Huntsman leads.)
Ring Avarice 6: Herne The Huntsman scores! (FLP / LC | 2 - 4, Herne The Huntsman leads.)
Ring Avarice 7: No action this round. (FDU / SH | 2 - 4, Herne The Huntsman leads.)
Ring Avarice 8: Nikolai Allen gains position. (SS / FLP | 2.5 - 4, Herne The Huntsman leads.)
Ring Avarice 9: Herne The Huntsman scores! (LC / TH | 2.5 - 5, Herne The Huntsman leads.)
FINAL: Herne The Huntsman def. Nikolai Allen, 5 - 2.5 in 9 rounds. - dos

Well challenged, Nikolai!

Well defended, Herne! Congratulations on your first Baronial defense!

Return to “The Arena”