Duel of Magic Team Replacement Announcement

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Duel of Magic Team Replacement Announcement

Post by Max Lager »

Their leadership and histories need no introduction, and their collective accolades make up a massive contribution to this website and our games, so I’m very grateful to announce that Claire Gallows and Matt Simon will be taking over in my place for running DoM effective immediately.

Royal will be staying on as Assistant Coord and doing the standings until the completion of the February 11th update, so if you have any questions regarding the standings till then please reach out to Royal.

I realize that this differs somewhat from my original post of looking for applicants but know that there will be more information from Claire soon to follow.

Thank you all and remember to stay stellar! <3
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Re: Duel of Magic Team Replacement Announcement

Post by Claire Gallows »

Much love to Max always. Thank you for all you've done for the community. More information on this transition can be found here.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Thank you for all you’ve done for DoM and the community and I wish you all the best and happiness in whatever you do.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

Thank you for everything, Max. Your inclusiveness and inspiration most of all. Your love and energy is going to be missed. Enjoy the rest and relaxation that you absolutely deserve.
Royal
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Royal »

This was the image Max posted in reply to my resigning from Duel of Magic in 2020. Much of what I wrote in that farewell can very well be posted here as to my reasons for stepping down (again, this time hopefully permanently). Looking back on what I have done on Olivia/Na-rae as Duel of Swords head coordinator and here as Spectre / Royal / Helea / Royal (again) has been a bit of a wakeup call. I see so much energy and enthusiasm that at the moment, even as I write this, feels no longer there.

I know. It's a bit depressing. No one wants to think these things happen or see them admitted openly, especially by members of staff. But I read something from my first year anniversary post as DoS head coord that made me think. The post stated: "When I took up the mantle of coordinator I tried my best to go with the philosophy of being a Game Master over a player and attempting to make sure to do what is best for the Duel of Swords community."

I put my sole focus in running these games as head coordinator, helping run them assistant, running events, etc, before much of my own enjoyment. And when I looked at Max I saw her continuing that philosophy. I was happy to see you all play in the world we helped create for you, and I do not blame anyone for what I'm feeling, but I've been tired and I've felt this way for such a long time now. I think I need to allow myself to rest.

The reason I post this gif is because that's what helping Duel of Magic was when I came back again as Assistant Coordinator for Max. It was "Ride or die, remember?" I wanted to help ease the burden of running the sport off her shoulders, just like how she, Claire, and Cooper helped me with Duel of Swords, and how Max, Claire, and I helped each other in Duel of Magic. Volunteering for one game is hard, imagine volunteering to help run both. When I was at my breaking point thankfully Conner and everyone on staff were there as a safety net. They never questioned my decision or expressed anger at it. They understood.

I'm rambling, I know. I'm guilty of it a lot. But what I'd like to write is: Enjoy your rest, Max. I'm forever grateful for the help you've given me and I'll never feel the time running these games with you and Claire as a waste. We did our best and I hope everyone enjoyed what we shared with them. And thank you to Claire and Matt for being there to allow Max to rest.

I'll leave with the message I gave to the board in my 2020 resigning post. But honestly? I was wrong in addressing it to them. Because It's not just for them — it's for all of you.

"Take to heart how fragile this community can be, and a bad decision can easily lead to the loss of those who help make it thrive."

And to Max and Claire,

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”