Story Info ((OOC))

A collection of stories from across the Nexus.

Moderators: Marissa, Holli Carr

Marissa
Adventurer
Adventurer

Story Info ((OOC))

Post by Marissa »

Story information goes here.
Marissa
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Story Info ((OOC))

Post by Marissa »

This story folder was created to serve as a sort of melting pot for the various stories we write about in and around Rhy'Din. We have quite a varied cast of characters, so we created this sticky in order to post information regarding those characters and stories as they unfold.

Right now, we're working on a story chiefly concerning revenge against a group of blood hunters who attacked Marissa's family and took two of her siblings captive.

Just FYI, Marissa's story began over a decade ago in various RP forums, where a future version of the character hopped backwards in time to visit various people and places in time and space. Since then, she has gone through multiple incarnations and changes until I settled on the character she is at present. Needless to say, she has a complicated history, which can get a little confusing.

More recently, I introduced the younger counterpart of Marissa that belongs to the current timeline, as well as her siblings. I've been having fun exploring the various personalities that make up the group, and hopefully in time, some of them will have stories of their own.

If anyone has interacted with Marissa or her family members in the past, please note that this story has gone in a much different direction than what was originally intended all those years ago when I first created her, and due to various changes along the way, this might not be the Marissa your character(s) once knew. That said, my deepest thanks to all the players and characters who have interacted with Marissa along the way and have had an impact on the character she has become.

If anyone has any questions regarding anything written in this folder, please don't hesitate to ask. Hopefully, someone will enjoy reading what we write, but in the end, we write for our own fun and enjoyment, so if you don't like what you're reading, simply don't read it.

Thanks to everyone who has been reading. Hopefully, we are just getting started. :)
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Rissa M
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Rissa M »

Just a couple of quick notes regarding the story "Through the Mirror" ...

In this story, the younger Marissa ("Rissa M") will be traveling through a portal to another world that is not RhyDin or Earth. Some of you may recognize the world she's traveling to, but it's sort of an alternate version of that world, though I'm not planning on changing any of its history, except where my own characters are concerned.

The older Marissa ("Marissa") is not going anywhere. She will be staying on RhyDin and living her life as usual.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time for RP right now, so this is a little solo project I can mostly write on my own at my own pace. I'm not entirely sure where it's all going yet, but hopefully it will be fun to write.

Many thanks to Colleen's player for her help and support where this story is concerned. And thanks to anyone who might be reading. I really appreciate it. :)
Rissa M
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Rissa M »

"A New Acquaintance" is the start of a story that's been rolling around in my head for a while, but that I just haven't had time to write. It's a bit of an experiment, too, as it's first-person, present-tense - a style that's becoming more popular in published fiction, but one that I've never tried myself. I am planning to write the story from multiple points of view, but as always, the story will probably come out in fits and spurts as my muse (and time) allows.

A quick note: This is what I imagine happens to the younger Marissa after she travels through the Nexus portal to another place and time that are not RhyDin. I have some ideas, but I'm not entirely sure how it's all going to unfold, as I tend to let stories write themselves. This is mostly just written for me, but if anyone else is reading this, I hope you enjoy it.

Return to “Between Worlds”