Favorite food?

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Royal
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Favorite food?

Post by Royal »

What's everyone's favorite food? Have a go-to recipe that you like? Post about it here!

I'm pretty plain I guess since my favorite food is pizza 😄. There's a place called Russo's that has the best pizza I've ever tasted but it's one of those rare maybe once or twice a year thing so that it's kept special. It's all about the Mulberry Pizza.

Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Favorite food?

Post by Josette Wheeler »

This is a great question and it’s so hard to choose! A good Naples style pizza Margherita is up there for me, but my absolute favorite indulgence food has to be Sacchetti. They are adorable little purse shaped pasta pouches with cheese and I love them with shavings of black or white truffles in a truffle cream sauce.❤️
Andromeda Deseronto
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer
CEO, Venator Logistics

Post by Andromeda Deseronto »

Last edited by Andromeda Deseronto on Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stitch
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Stitch »

So much to choose from, and I love food. These are the things I try to find a "go to" spot for.

Vegetable pho, lots of lime, thai basil, mint, sprouts, and jalepenos. Dash of hot chili oil.

A good shio ramen, with the marinated eggs. I'll go for shoyu or tonkatsu on a colder night that calls for a heavier meal.

Traditional al pastor tacos. Soft corn tortillas, onion, cilantro, lime, done.

A tuna sub from a sub shop that punches me in the face with vinegar and bread smell when I walk in. Usually no frills, there may be a sports game on a tv somewhere, and it might be standing room only. If the tuna is right, usually everything else is, too. I don't make the rules.

Edit: *and* curry chicken (with maybe some pumpkin involved) and roti.

But my favorite home cooked meals are roast chicken and gravy or steak with mashed potatoes.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Potatoes in many forms. Favorite is probably roasted and sprinkled either with rosemary or oregano.
Partly Cloudy
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Partly Cloudy »

I had to think about this for a while. I love food and tend to have favorites in categories more than an overall favorite. Still, I think the meal that I crave most often, that feels most comforting, and that gives me the most joy is probably traditional udon soup. I think I order the niku (beef) more often than the tempura, but it’s a close thing. My local place includes spinach and kamboko to complement the main topping, fat chewy noodles, and salty slightly smoky broth. I usually load my bowl up with shichimi togarashi before I dig in. It’s so good.

Other favorites include my local place’s green dragon sushi roll (shrimp tempura, avocado, eel sauce) and a house salad with their amazing carrot-ginger dressing, chicken teriyaki, mixed tempura, a well-cooked (but not well-done) ribeye or sirloin steak, and joojeh kabob (Persian saffron chicken skewers) with saffron rice and shirazi salad.
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

My family teases me that I tend to order nachos anywhere we go, even if it's not a Mexican restaurant.

So I'll say nachos (or Mexican food in general).
Sjira
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Gentle Shadow

Post by Sjira »

Baklava with a cup of turkish coffee.
Or lumpia. :)
ڿڰۣ-ڰۣ ڿڰۣ-ڰۣ ڿڰۣ-ڰۣ

~S'jira~
Much can be said without saying a word.
Royal
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Royal »

Now if the question becomes:

You are cursed to only be able to eat that food for the rest of your life. Any food you have magically becomes it. COULD YOU DO IT?

Return to “Thoughts at Large”