Statement of Intent

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Lupton
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Statement of Intent

Post by Lupton »

Denizens of the duels,

You may have noticed a certain old man haunting the old basement that I called home, like so many others, for such a long period of my youth.

I never thought that I would return to this city, to this Inn, to the hallowed rings that started me on the journey to become the man I am today.

And yet, here I am. My son dethroned me in a violent coup, forcing me to flee my home and my Empire. He is not ready for the responsibility of ruling, and I fear tyranny is all but inevitable.

This cannot be allowed to stand.

And so, I have returned here -- to my room at the Red Dragon Inn, to the Arena of the Duel of Swords. I returned to become the duelist I once was, and more. If I'm going to defeat my son and reclaim my position, I must first become the Overlord, with all of the gravitas and skill that title commands, and only then will I return home to challenge him in single combat.

That goal is my only purpose here. It is the pursuit I am unwaveringly committed to.

Before I challenge, however, I will first become the winningest duelist on the standings. Once I have surpassed every other active duelist, I will feel both ready and deserving of issuing the challenge.

This is my notice to this community. I have returned. I will have the highest number of wins on the standings, and then I will become Overlord.

I look forward to seeing you in the Rings.

- Lupton est Dracoern

Return to “The Arena”