New Vlog

“Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” ~Joan Crawford

Moderator: Haru Jeong

Haru Jeong
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: New Vlog

Post by Haru Jeong »

Day ???

The camera clicked on, a new room the backdrop for this entry. Haru’s arm in a sling, gauzy bandages wrapped around his dominant hand, a young boy on his lap, another against his side, “I’ve slacked on updating my writing, but if anyone’s watching this, I’m sure you understand why,” There was a long moment, “I’ve fully taken Paw-Fee Break back over, Eun has Biscuits, Sibyl took over… Endless Paw-Sibilities, though Wren has made jokes about the name I can’t unhear.”

There was another moment, the boys looking at the camera, “Can we say what’s been going on too?” The young, less familiar one asked, to which Haru nodded with a happy little smile, “Aunty Roni is safe and home, Dad seems a lot happier with Momma-Bex, he says I’m something called an… am-… emp…” The kid struggled for a moment, before giving up, “I can feel others feelings,” Levi grinned up at Haru, as if hoping for approval, which was warmly given. He looked towards his brother, signing at him to translate, “Seo says we’re safe, school is going ok, but he wants to ask Aunty Maggie for magic lessons next time Dad goes to duelling.” Seo then looked up at Haru with pleading blue eyes, met with a nod and a laugh, a quiet muttered promise the camera didn’t quite catch, “I think that’s it, I’m gonna go make things with Seo now.” Abrupt as it was, they were young kids with short attention spans, running out of the frame, quiet laughing heard as they left.

Haru leaned forward on his hands once the door closed, “They’re settling nicely, they like the idea of being big brothers…” a frown marked his features as he watched the door, “If we survive… Once again things are tilting sideways…” He didn’t elaborate but got more comfy in his chair, “My memories have… sort of improved, now the last few years, including my time in hell, feel like double vision, there is something under the surface, just out of reach, but what’s on the surface… I am choosing to believe that reality, the reality of growing once I adopted Seo, on my own, hells below I was even less prepared for this than I am now, less ready for what this world could throw at me and I believed I could handle anything,” He shook his head, “I was a dumbass, clearly, I thought I could wiggle out of the deal I made to save my son and ended up abandoning him by accident,” His head found his hands, “I don’t know what kind of lasting effects that will have, but I will do what I can to support both my boys through the consequences of that decision, this is my promise to myself and them, and when what I can do isn’t enough… I’ll attempt to ask for help, if not for me, for them.”

Haru smiled at the camera, a warm gentle smile, haunted slightly with worry, “On a slightly different note… Bex is now a succubus, or a succuBex if you will,” The parent snickered softly at his own Dad joke, “She made a deal with less information than I typically have about what I eat, which will bite her in the ass,” He sighed softly, “But I may have a way to save Ryz, if what she was initially offered is anything to go by, which would potentially give us another ally to get her out of the bad parts of the deal,” Another moment, “She did it for the kids, without a second thought, and I’m not sure she realizes the potential ramifications of it, the fact she may not truly be mortal anymore, the snacks, the power surges… we’ll figure it out.”

Haru reached out his good hand towards the camera, “Goodnight for now.”

Click

Return to “Born of Flames”