Shanachie Theater Company
November 29th - December 11th

Cast

Peter Pan (Jonathan Harris) - Darrell Webster
Wendy Darling (Sandra Wilkinson) - Anya Chavez / Alara Mason
Captain Hook/Mr Darling (Chris Bean) - Asher Price
Michael Darling/Crocodile (Max Bennett) - Doran Ilnaren
John Darling/Smee (Dennis Tyde) - Arandir of Ilyethlin
Liza/Mrs Darling/Tinkerbell/Tiger Lily (Annie Twilloil) - Tippletoe Timbers / Carina Cox
Nana/Shadow/Starkey (Robert Grove) - Hugo Durant
Tootles (Lucy Grove) - Pearl Fand Ilnaren

Stage Manager, Trevor Watson - Rolando Tucker
Narrator/Cecco the Pirate (Francis) - Garry Poole

((Due to the lack of female parts, they will be shared by the actors listed. The first name listed will perform the first week of shows, and the second will perform the second week of shows.))
Last edited by Anthony De Luca on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Anthony De Luca
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Peter Pan Goes Wrong (Theater)

Post by Anthony De Luca »

Synopsis

The fictitious Cornley Polytechnic Drama Society, fresh from such hits as The Lion and The Wardrobe, Cat, and James and the Peach, or James, Where's your Peach? are putting on a production of Peter Pan, a seasonal vignette. During the production, a plethora of disasters befall the cast including doors sticking, props on the walls falling down, and floors collapsing. Cast members are seen misplacing props, forgetting lines, missing cues, breaking character, and being manhandled off stage with at least one cast member being knocked unconscious or injured; but the show must go on! The climax sees the pirate ship break free from the set and sail off down the aisle into the foyer and back into the auditorium, carrying the hospitality staff with it. Nevertheless, the plot goes as such ...

The narrator introduces the Darling family, Nana the dog, and Eliza the housekeeper. Mrs and Mr Darling leave, and the children go to sleep. Peter Pan flies in through the window and finds his shadow, which Mrs Darling and Wendy trapped in a chest. The children wake up, and Peter teaches them to fly and takes them to Neverland. When they get there, they find that Captain Hook has kidnapped Tiger Lily. Captain Hook comes to the hideout and follows their tracks down to the shore. Wendy and Peter hide as the pirates come to Marooner's Rock to leave Tiger Lily there. Peter impersonates Hook and convinces the pirates to let Tiger Lily go. Hook arrives, and Peter Pan fights him.

Back at the hideout, Wendy, Michael, John and Tinker Bell have an imaginary meal. ("The World Of Make Believe") Peter returns and tells them about his latest adventures. Wendy realises that it is time for her and her brothers to fly home. Hook adds poison to Peter's medicine, but Tinker Bell drinks it and becomes unconscious. She is saved when the audience chant that they believe in fairies. Hook and the pirates kidnap the children, but Peter comes to their rescue, and a battle ensues. Eventually, Hook and the pirates are eaten by the crocodile, and the children return home to their parents.

((For those who are curious, I believe you can watch the TV version on YouTube here. Hope you all have fun with it! Let the high jinks begin! :D))
Anya Chavez
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Anya Chavez »

Anya found it a challenge to play a character playing a character, and to act into planned mayhem, but she loved the idea and dedicated a lot of time and energy into rehearsals to make the planned chaos look unplanned. Wendy Darling was a classic character, after all, and being able to play a much different version was fun, as were all the hijinks and making the audience believe that the things that went wrong weren't actually supposed to.

She found herself enjoying playing comedic roles as much as dramatic roles, and so this production ended up being one of her favorites that she had been in with the Theater.
Winter Pearl
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Winter Pearl »

I don't think I've ever been in a crazier play! With all the mayhem going on, one must wonder if the play was inspired by an actual performance of Peter Pan during an actor's strike in a theater that badly was badly managed and poorly kept! Stranger things have happened.

I played Tiger Lily as a child. That was how I learned to throw axes, tomahawks, with precision. That's a rarely used but very useful skill. I was also Peter Pan's understudy. This time, I play a shy character named Lucy, who is also Tootles, one of the Lost Boys. She stutters. It's not really clear if Tootles stutters because Lucy does or because Lucy is so deep into her part! Despite ending up a wheelchair, she helps save Tinkerbell with the obvious solution of declaring her belief in fairies! There's a bit of hilarity with that chair, too! One of these days, I want to play Puck in Midsummer Night's Dream!

Return to “The Shanachie Theater”