Out of Character message board for the Duel of Swords

Moderator: Staff

Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Retirement Announcement

Post by Conner Reid »

Hey everyone!

After a year-and-a-half of service I’m going to be stepping down from my role as Duel of Swords, Head Coordinator at the beginning of the next cycle, on October 3rd. It has been both a challenge and a privilege to lead this team, and I am grateful for the warm welcome the community showed me when I first took on the role.

I could not have done it without having a brilliant team behind me. Both Tippletoe and Cajsa brought exceptional creativity as well as knowledge of the rule-set and of DoS history to their roles. Almost everything I am leaving behind was built by the pair of them, including the DoS Round Robin tournament, the reorganization of the rule-set, and over a year of well-written histories and standings. They made me look good, and I cannot thank them enough.

In addition to my current team members, I have a few more thank yous. First to the player of Gloria Blaze, my team’s first Historian whose knowledge of DoS past was hugely helpful to us. I also want to thank the previous HC, Na-rae, for all of the guidance they showed our team, in particular as we took on Madness for the first time. And one more thank you to Jake Thrash and Kalamere for providing advice with the rules and insight with respect to the sport’s history.

Stepping into the role as your next HC will be Cajsa’s player. I cannot sing high enough praises of Cajsa as your next leader. Cajsa has been performing triple duty this last year as Assistant Coordinator, Historian, and Standings Keeper. None of these are small jobs, but they handled it with grace and skill. I am confident I am leaving DoS in good hands, and I hope you will show them the same support and enthusiasm that you showed me!

While I will be handing over the reins, I will not be leaving entirely. I’ll be remaining a part of the DoS team for a brief transitional period, and then returning my focus to my other role on staff. Y’all are stuck with me!

Conner Reid
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Re: Retirement Announcement

Post by Delahada »

Thank you for all your hard work this past year and a half, Conner! Enjoy your extremely well-deserved rest. :)
Partly Cloudy
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Partly Cloudy »

Thanks for everything you’ve done for Swords over the past year and a half, Conner. Enjoy your upcoming rest.
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Delahada wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:57 pm Thank you for all your hard work this past year and a half, Conner! Enjoy your extremely well-deserved rest. :)
I concur.

Return to “Duel of Swords (OOC)”