Moderator: Kira Adia

Kira Adia
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Mistress of House Adia

Location: Adia Estate, south of the city on the border with Skoggard

Relighting the Forge

Post by Kira Adia »

Another day, another appointment. For a week now, Kira had spent less time in the Tower studying and working on various projects and more time back at the estate. Two business opportunities revealed themselves since her keepership began, so Kira worked to get both off the ground.

The first was the easier of the two. Kira’s work on tea breeding had given results. She had three varieties of tea that she felt worth planting and growing in quantities for selling. The first was as close to the perfect tea as she’d found. The second was not quite her taste as brewed tea, but made for excellent matcha style powder for both cooking and drinking. The final was not what she considered ideal for serious tea consumption, but was an excellent flavor for those who drank more casually.

A small staff had been hired, and a small plantation constructed, with room to grow over time. The Adia Tea Farms were in business, and it was only a matter of time before the first harvests would be ready.

The second involved the wealth of metals, gems, and minerals Kira had been stockpiling. A large underground warehouse had to be constructed to house the reserves, and she knew the supply would last for quite some time before she’d need to find other sources of raw materials.

Kira owned a small rune forge not too long ago. She thought it was time to expand that business into full-scale production of arms, armor, and other enchanted items.

The workshops and forges had already been built and furnished. A small team of apprentices and assistant rune smiths now practiced their work on purchased and commissioned equipment. Kira even managed to secure leather workers and carpenters to produce goods in those materials.

All that was missing was a good team of metal and stone workers. This appointment was the first great step in closing that gap.

The dwarf made a slow circle through the main workshop of the forge. He clearly had some distaste for some of the more modern-powered machinery in place, but not so much that the rest was uninteresting to him. “It has promise. There are some improvements that can be made. You have space enough to mass produce what you’re looking for. Enough for larger constructions in smaller quantities.”

“I consulted another forge on the layout. All is subject to alteration, of course, as needed, and room has been left for a basement level for expansion. Should it be needed.” Unlike the dwarf, the fae-touched keeper stood at the entrance, watching his progress through the room. “I have materials. I have equipment and funding. I need a team to bring it all together.”

“And for that, you need a forge master.” He nodded and began to walk back towards Kira. “I read your proposal, and the contract your assistant sent me. It’s interesting, but I’d need some changed before I’d sign.”

Kira nodded. “We are open to negotiating the proposal before signing.”

“Well, for one, I want final say on the forge team. Outside commissions, I want final say on design. We’ll need that basement level ready. I’ll get the equipment for it, just keep me funded.”

“I had presumed it would not be needed until demand grew beyond the current equipment.” Not an argument, but Kira was questioning.

“You have plenty here to keep up for some time with a good team. What you need is variety. Pieces that other forges don’t have. I can give you those, but not on this.” He gestured to the shop floor, particularly the power hammers. “Give me the space and the supply, and I’ll give you art.”

An eyebrow cocked as the dwarf spoke, and at the mention of art, a smile curled onto her lips. “I believe we can make your ideas work, Master Greymaker. In the meantime, allow me to show you the ore stockpile. Not all of it has been smelted yet, but I believe I shall wait for your proposal on how to proceed.”

Kira had already made up her mind about Hostrig Greymaker. His resume was impressive enough on its own. Giving him full control of his team was barely a concession. If she wanted the best her resources could offer, she thought it best to trust a master in his craft to decide what that would take.

Legacy Forge would soon be precisely what she’d intended from the start. This was just the first great step.

Return to “Embers of House Adia”