Challenge for Overlord - ART Grant

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Challenge for Overlord - ART Grant

Post by Mairead Harker »

Overlord/OverHope Naharis,

Having chosen the test free grant as a prize in the recent All Ranks Tournament, I hereby challenge you for the right to hold the title of Overlord.

Mairead E. Harker
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Challenge for Overlord - ART Grant

Post by Conner Reid »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 5 days of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within two weeks (14 days) of validation.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.

(( Please note the new rules regarding challenge timelines. ))
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

It is with great displeasure and disgust that I accept this challenge. This title is meant to be the highest accolade in the sport. I really don't know how you fell into this opportunity but I see it as nothing short of an offense to the title. I'm not done with it yet.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

The Overlord and I will be meeting in the challenge ring on Wednesday, 14 July at 9:30 by the Eastern clock. The incomparable Dris has agreed to call for us.

Mairead E. Harker
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

What a great honor and privilege it was once again to be chosen to officiate this match of matches! Tonight we witnessed the fourth All Ranks Tournament test free Overlord grant challenger to contend against long reigning champion Hope Naharis!

Our current Overlord, the one hundred and twentieth of her honorific, Hope “OverHope” Naharis, has held the title since August the 23rd of last year! That’s three hundred and twenty-five days, almost the entirety of a single year! She has staved off a grand total of eight ambitious challengers, and word has it she seeks to defend her title at least two more times!

Tonight, the OverHope fought under the colors of white and gold, and flew the legendary team Real Rhydin banner! Standing as her Second this evening was the current Baroness of Seaside, Jaycy Ashleana! And she fought for the Honor of the entirety of the Real Rhydin crew!

My former Baroness of Dragon’s Gate, Mairead “Maggie” Harker, fought under the colors of green, gold, and blue. Her banner features her spirit animal, the polar bear, and symbols of her heritage. Her Seconds were Rachael Blackthorne, Detective Lieutenant of the Eleventh Precinct in Old Temple, and Warlord Doran Ilnaren. Her Court of Honor included her parents, grandparents, Salvador Delahada, Gatito Lindo, Karma Armstrong, Desdenova VonTombs, Tyladi Onyxfire, the Katz family, and my best girl Augusta Mary Anne Holmès Driscol.

Refreshments were provided for by the Harker family for the entirety of the evening, and many a spectator took them up on the offer of free food and drinks! Yours truly included.

The OverHope elected for a single match to decide the fate of the title this evening. Miss Harker started off strong, landing the first point and keeping the score close. Even when Hope matched her at ones in the third round! They continued to trade each other point for point, keeping things tied to twos and then threes until the seventh round, where Hope landed a solid thrust to put herself in the lead and at match point. She finalized and sealed her ninth defense in the eight round at a total score of 5 to 3.

Well tried and great use of that grant, Maggie! Better luck next time. Congratulations, Hope Naharis, on defending the Overlord title yet again! Will she make it to ten? Stay tuned, loyal sports fans! I’m sure we’ll see soon enough!

Ring Monk 3: Hope scores! (LC / TH | 1 - 1, Hope and Mairead Harker.)
Ring Monk 4: No action this round. (FDU / SH | 1 - 1, Hope and Mairead Harker.)
Ring Monk 5: Everybody scores! (TH / TH | 2 - 2, Hope and Mairead Harker.)
Ring Monk 6: Everybody scores! (HC / LC | 3 - 3, Hope and Mairead Harker.)
Ring Monk 7: Hope scores! (LC / TH | 3 - 4, Hope leads.)
Ring Monk 8: Hope scores! (FLP / FDU | 3 - 5, Hope leads.)
FINAL: Hope def. Mairead Harker, 5 - 3 in 8 rounds. - dos

Return to “The Arena”