Moderator: Staff

Helea Alwin
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The Lady in Wight

DoM Community Feedback Wanted for Future Multi-Week Tournament

Post by Helea Alwin »

Hello! I've responded below in the thread but will be reposting it here:
Hello all! I've spoken with Morgan and have decided I'll be pausing the idea for a Duel of Magic bracket-based tournament for the time being. Before I was a sports coordinator I spent much of my free time while on this site making events and running tournaments as a member of the community. I believe that fresh ideas should always be given a chance to shine and am excited to see what a member of our community can create.

The Duel of Magic team look forward to seeing what Morgan puts together and, speaking for myself personally, I can't wait to participate! So mark me down as someone who is both interested and willing to join in.
Morgan's post can be found here: Link

If you're interested in a team or bracket based tournament please continue to post your interest here so that those looking to run these types of events in the future can gauge possible participation properly. Without that it's hard to figure if an event is viable or not, so your voice matters.

Thank you!

Old Post -- Feel free to ignore

Hello all!

Over the past year or so we've been discussing the idea of running a multi-week tournament for the sport of Duel of Magic starting Late July or Mid August. I'm sure many of you know of the Madness Tournament in Duel of Swords, the Iron Fist League in Duel of Fists, or even the Duel of Magic Ragnarok Tournament held years ago. The idea in mind would be more of the former than the latter; that being a multi-week tournament that should span throughout 4 weeks.

Below is the very barebones and basic layout, as much of the RP flair / lore will come at a later date should the Duel of Magic community be interested in such an event. Here is the structure.

1. 16 participants (No alts will be allowed due to the smaller number)
2. 4 brackets, each bracket consisting of 4 players.
3. The winners from each bracket will face off against one another (Bracket 1 vs. 4, Bracket 2 vs. 3) and then there will be a grand finals.

What we're asking here is some sort of conformation that members of the Magic community are interested in this and from that a decision will be made if the event will be run or not. Please respond if you would be willing to participate as we cannot gauge interest otherwise.

Thank you!
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Re: DoM Community Feedback Wanted for Future Multi-Week Tournament

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

I would be interesting in joining this. It would be nice to see it team oriented, so that Magic could have some team events as well, but either way, I would be interested.
Haru Jeong
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Haru Jeong »

I would be super interested in a multi-week tournament, I’d love to be involved in either team based or something similar to IFL.
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Max Lager »

A team event would be interesting if a member of the DoM community would like to run one! IFL after all I believe started and runs outside of the DoF ranking system and such, so its possible for someone to run this who is not currently on DoM staff. As of right now though we're asking about a bracket non-team event which is more feasible in the present time do to our DoM staff's current obligations and schedules. Thanks!
Helea Alwin
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The Lady in Wight

Post by Helea Alwin »

Outdated post. Please ignore.

We would be looking at two possible start dates.

1. July 25th - August 21st.
2. August 15th -> September 11th

OP will be updated to reflect this.
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

I dunno if I count but I'd love to see something like this and would be interested in entering.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

I am actually interested in running an event like this to test the waters. I've been kicking a few ideas around in my head. Mostly I'd like to gauge interest in such a thing.
Helea Alwin
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The Lady in Wight

Post by Helea Alwin »

Hello all! I've spoken with Morgan and have decided I'll be pausing the idea for a Duel of Magic bracket-based tournament for the time being. Before I was a sports coordinator I spent much of my free time while on this site making events and running tournaments as a member of the community. I believe that fresh ideas should always be given a chance to shine and am excited to see what a member of our community can create.

The Duel of Magic team look forward to seeing what Morgan puts together and, speaking for myself personally, I can't wait to participate! So mark me down as someone who is both interested and willing to join in.

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”