Summer 2021 All Ranks Tournament!

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Summer 2021 All Ranks Tournament!

Post by Max Lager »

Coming soon to Twilight Isle! The Summer All Ranks Tournament! One night only! Sunday, June 20th at 8:00 PM by the Eastern Clock, the Duel of Magic welcomes spellcasters of all abilities for the Summer All Ranks Tournament! Come out and fight at Wizard ranking for a chance to win one of several prizes.

All entrants who pre-register before 9:00 PM on Friday the 18th and show up by 7:55 PM on the night of the tournament will receive 1 win right off the bat. Unlike past tournaments where an activity duel was required prior to participating, the activity requirement has been waived!

First place: 5 Wins (or the number of Wins you rack up through the tournament, whichever is greater) plus your choice of one of the prizes listed below.
2nd-5th place: Earned Wins plus your choice of one of the prizes listed below.
Everyone Else: Earned Wins.

Prize Pool!

Fire Sprite! This curious little sprite is eager to discover life with a skilled caster and can provide light and simple warmth should you experience any too cool summer nights (or venture into a snowy location any time soon!) Name them and gain a new lifetime friend! With knowledge and experience, their abilities may increase!

Empowered Fire Gem Familiar – With the aid of this fiery familiar and the gem about its neck, the caster becomes instilled with the fury of the Tower of Fire. While its power may fade, the familiar and depowered gem may be kept. Allows the user to use Elemental Fury in normal regulation duels until the next All Ranks Tournament. Unable to be used in challenges.

Ragnarok Infused Magic Orb: This hardened aether will take on the color of its chosen spell. Red for Immolation or Green for Nether Ray. Awards the use of a Mage Spell to the duelist. Immolation or Nether Ray. Used in Regulation until the next All Ranks Tournament.

Mystery Box Prize! What could be inside?

The Fire Dervish Cloak! This flowing cloak sounds like a crackling fire when you walk in it. Spinning causes the cloak to erupt in an inferno around you as you spin. It can be a protective fire or an offensive fire depending on how the wearer wishes to use it.

Available for everyone is the Potluck minion: for showing up either for the tournament itself, bringing food for the potluck, or simply coming out and cheering on and watching the casting you can pick up a magical fire stick and summon this portable campfire! Perfect for those summer camping trips!

[[OOC Info:
No activity requirement. Yep, you read that right, NO ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT!
Format will be single elimination for greater than 10 people, double elimination for less than 10.
Seeding will be based first on RoK Rankings, followed by sign up or walk in time for those that don't pre-register.]]
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: Summer 2021 All Ranks Tournament!

Post by Max Lager »

For the Twilight Isle Potluck, there will be plenty of BBQ sandwiches ready to go!

Try out the Bistro Beef with coleslaw, Chipotle Shredded Chicken, or Honey Pulled Pork!

When that sweet tooth hits, try the Raspberry Ice Cream Delights, Mexican Chocolate Brownies or the Frozen Strawberry Shortbread Cheesecake!

And if you need a cocktail to wash it all down with, try a Flamethrower, Fire-Rita or some Dragon's Blood*!

*No actual Dragon's blood is in this!

As a reminder, the Twilight Potluck is open to EVERYONE who wishes to bring a dish (or several) to share! There will be plenty of take home boxes as always too in the case that you're not able to make it for the tournament or even if you're hitting up Portal Dash to bring you something tasty!

[OOC: please feel free to post what your character would like to bring in this thread! This is open to all! Please enjoy!]
Haru Jeong
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Haru Jeong »

Count me in!
Anya de la Rose
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Anya de la Rose »

I'll try to be there! -Anya
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PC »

Max and Na-rae had formed a bit of a friendship during her time as the owner of the Arena so it should come to no surprise that Na-rae stepped through the portal with boxes from Cafe Heaven full of campfire inspired cupcakes. While unable to participate in the tournament, she'd linger for a brief moment to speak with Max before heading off back to her paperwork at home.

Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Barring duties that may interfere with mon participation, I will enter this tournament.

--Rachael Blackthorne
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Post by Michelle Montoya »

I plan to attend.
Ebon Ilnaren
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black Knight

Post by Ebon Ilnaren »

I'll give this another try.

In addition, I will be bringing plenty of Waldorf salad, which pairs delightly alongside assorted BBQ sandwiches. There will be containers if anyone wants to take some to go.

Ebon Ilnaren

Ingredients: cut apples and celery, walnut chips, red and green grapes, mayonnaise, a dash of pineapple juice
Anya de la Rose
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Anya de la Rose »

I'm sorry, I'll need to withdraw my entry. I'll still send food!

- Anya
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

Karma couldn't be there, but before the tournament, a delivery arrived with a heaping package of lavender lemon bars!

Caelia
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Caelia »

I will try to be there! With elote and esquites!

Haru Jeong
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Haru Jeong »

When Haru arrived, he made his way over to the table for food, and dropped off trays of Paw-Fee Breaks cat mochi.

Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Max Lager »

Officially signing up!
- Max Lager
Alasdair Galloway
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Alasdair Galloway »

I'll sign up!

-Alasdair Galloway
Snack
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Snack »

Cast off inhibition, let passion run wild!

Return to “Twilight Isle”