Moderators: Bailey Raptis, JewellRavenlock

Mina
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Letters Home

Post by Mina »

February 25, 2019

Dear Bapa,

You are sure to be terribly shocked when you read this: I fought in a brawl! It was not like that time when Emil got very drunk when we went to the city and hit the man who tried to touch me and everyone began to fight. This was an arranged brawl. The sporting fights I have been enjoying apparently arrange for a brawl among many people every now and then. It is more realistic practice for fighting, I suppose. At any moment, you can turn around and get attacked by someone new so you must be quick on your feet.

Your Mina came in third! It would have been better to come in first, but I am not ashamed. I thought I did rather well but I received ever so many bruises! The brawl itself was a bit fun, but being sore and bruised for so many days after was not. I took a cab home from the fight because I promised Luka I would not be foolish and stubborn about money all the time anymore. He was very upset with me when he learned that I walked home after getting hit on the head (I didn’t want to worry you, but I had a mild concussion but it is all better now) the other week because there was also a very aggressive man who had threatened me that night (I didn’t want to worry you about that either but he has not bothered me again since). Luka said it was not a safe thing to do.

I wasn’t trying to be stubborn and worry him. I was just trying to be smart with my money, but he insisted I always have enough money on me to be safe. I suppose he is right, but I do not like taking any money from him bapa. I really am not trying to be stubborn, I just do not want to be a burden. I also do not want people to think I am a fortune seeker. I’ve been independent for so many years now, not relying on anyone, that it is difficult to change. I was glad to have extra money though after the brawl because I was far too tired to walk home. Can you imagine if the enemy were to come upon me in such a state? Baby Gildí could have knocked me over!

As a result of the brawl, I won a date with one of the people who runs the unarmed dueling. I do not want to go on a date with any of them, though! It seems like such an odd prize. Luka and I went on a date on Saturday to explore these lovely indoor gardens here. Even though it is cold outside, it was warm inside just like the conservatory at Gaumond Hall. There were so many different plants there. I might visit again while Luka is in class this week. I want to lay on the grass and pretend I am home again enjoying the sunshine in one of the high meadows while you fish in the stream nearby.

Doesn’t that sound lovely?

I miss you bapa. I hope you are well.

Lovingly,

Your Mina

Return to “Beyond the Veil”