Words of Praise

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

A HUGE thank you to anyone who was playing in the room last night. Not just to those I interacted with or was talking to OOC, but to everyone.

I was having a somewhat terrible evening, and just spending some time playing and talking with people really turned it around.

Our community has problems, but I love it all the same <3
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Koyliak
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fashion Police

Location: The Heavenly Boutique - Where Dreams Become Realities

Post by Koyliak »

JewellRavenlock wrote:If you are not currently read Christmas Cards from Tara (and I know you're not right now because you're reading this) you need to stop whatever you are doing and go read.

Like seriously.. stop now, click on the link, and read.
Thank you so much for bringing this thread to my attention, this is making for a hilarious read on my morning train commute! LOVE it & loved seeing you guys last night - I couldn't interact much during my match but I was cracking up at my computer following the room conversation. Particularly Jewell asking if the friend zone was a new part of the city.
Koyliak "The BobCrusher" VanDuran-Simon
Owner of the Heavenly Boutique
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Koyliak wrote:
Thank you so much for bringing this thread to my attention, this is making for a hilarious read on my morning train commute! LOVE it & loved seeing you guys last night - I couldn't interact much during my match but I was cracking up at my computer following the room conversation. Particularly Jewell asking if the friend zone was a new part of the city.
I was so bummed I had to sign off last night because Jewell needed to consult the wise Lesser Goddess Koy on this "friend zone" issue!

Hopefully we will see more of you soon :)
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Heaps of praise and thanks for Kalamere for another awesome IFL season. It was a ton of fun!
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Claire Farron wrote:Heaps of praise and thanks for Kalamere for another awesome IFL season. It was a ton of fun!
Could not agree more. I spent the entire past year repeatedly asking "WHENS IFL?!" I will do the same thing for this coming year. Thanks a ton for running it Kalamere and thanks to everyone who helped whether it was calling, captaining or participating!
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Claire Farron wrote:Heaps of praise and thanks for Kalamere for another awesome IFL season. It was a ton of fun!

A terrifying baby (is this little Kruger?) to celebrate! You did a great job, Kal.
George Orwell 1984
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Thanks!

It was, I think, another very successful season. I owe a lot of thanks to the captains, callers and news writers for making that happen, as well a shout out to Harris who helped with dispute resolution whenever I had a conflict (and Claire in that same regard, though I think she got off easy this season).

Before we put IFL completely in our rear view for the year, I do plan to have a bit of a rules discussion, so please look for that on the DoF OOC board and contribute any thoughts you might have.

.. and, yes, Kruger baby is pretty creepy.
Kruger
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Anvil

Post by Kruger »

Ouch! My pride... oh the pain.

I did have a seriously great time this season though!

Thanks Kal.
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Running a league like IFL is no easy task; big thanks to Kal, his helpers and to all the callers for taking time out of their own schedules to keep the bouts going!

--Matt
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
PrlUnicorn
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Hold My Hand is a very well written piece, especially the last three posts.
Fourth
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Fourth »

I think we should all throw it up for Claire and the rest of the people who worked to bring us the Midnight Sun event. I, for one, thought it was a blast and would be quite interested in seeing more come from the ideas tested last night.

Keep it up! :D
KC
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by KC »

Fourth wrote:I think we should all throw it up for Claire and the rest of the people who worked to bring us the Midnight Sun event. I, for one, thought it was a blast and would be quite interested in seeing more come from the ideas tested last night.

Keep it up! :D
DoM best sport.
Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Gren Blockman »

Thank you to Claire and all those involved in the Midnight Sun event!
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Major props to Gabby for tonight's Talon of Redwin Tournament!

I haven't seen that many people actively participating in a room (and a DoS event!) in a long time. It was great :)
George Orwell 1984
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

JewellRavenlock wrote:Major props to Gabby for tonight's Talon of Redwin Tournament!

I haven't seen that many people actively participating in a room (and a DoS event!) in a long time. It was great :)
DoS Best Sport.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.

Return to “Thoughts at Large”