I want my pills

What do you get when you throw characters from different settings together?
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

I want my pills

Post by King »

11 / 27 / 2012

"I'll try, but I ain't promisin' nothin'." Terry was left on her own then. The only thing keeping her company being the sound of the television playing across from the room. She'd lean back to rest her head against pillows and stare up at the ceiling, then over to the side table.. The brownie, but more importantly -- her cellphone. She'd reach out and take it. Thinking about sending Gabby a text, but maybe that wasn't the best idea. You're actin' too desperate.. She told herself. But it was hard. She wanted to tease her or something. She instead would text Alex about needing a change of clothes before dragging up blankets and trying to get comfortable. Sleep. Yes, that sounded like a good idea.

King had a nice wakeup call.. in the form of a throbbing knee. Her closed eyes squeezed tighter while her brain tried to process everything that was going on with her at that - second - in - time. She was in a bed, that much can be felt.. wasn't she at the Outback? Wait - did she even go? Could that have been just a dream? When it came to King, there are times when it's easier to explain things as dreams or bad trips compared to having lived it in reality.

Eyes opened.. then blinked. Vision becoming more clear. Okay -- this was the Ivy. She knew the layout, she was at the Ivy. Now.. where was Gabby? Elbows pressed to the bed so that she could force herself to sit up some. Lips parted, then closed and were licked at. Her mouth felt dry.

"Ayo.. Gabby?" She looked around the room, then sighed out. Her knee bothering her more, which prompted her into searching her hoodie pocket. She knew she always left her meds there, so they-- Wait, it wasn't there. She blinked, then furrowed her brows. With a *thump!*, she'd lay back against the bed and groan out. "Ayo, Gabby!"

Gabby was sitting on the bathroom floor talking with Rix when she heard King calling her name. She hopped up, frowning a little, and rushed from the bathroom. The door was closed behind her and she was quickly to the side of the bed looking down at the girl.

"Hey, sweetness...what's wrong?" A hand reached out to smooth the half and half's hair back before she leaned down to press a soft kiss to her forehead.

There was Gabby. Already feeling a little better by just seeing her. King let out a sigh while rubbing knuckles against her eyes. ".. Ayo, did we go out last night?" Then came a snort, and a small arch of her back; attempting to get a little comfortable, but all it did was make her focus more on her throbbing knee. "Where's my pills? Knee's killin' me.."

Gabby stared down at the other girl with a not-so-happy look upon her face. "It is still last night. You only been back here for a little less than two hours. I got your pills cause you took four of them in about two hours and you can't have any for a couple more hours." She frowned a little as she said it, wanting to help King but also knowing she wouldn't be helping the girl out if she let her overdose. "You're gonna have to go back to sleep or somethin' to feel better. Don' tell me you can't cause you got enough drugs in your body to sleep for two days I bet..."

Two.. hours? King began to grumble some. More rubbing to her eyes, but no matter how she tried to wake herself up, the pills were still in her system somewhat and her body wanted to rest. Body saying one thing, brain and will power trying to do the opposite. King took in a deep breath and let out a sigh.

".. My knee's hurtin', I can't just go back to sleep.. Gimme my pills. I jus' need one." She then began to sit up.. Which was a little strange. Her body felt loose, a little too loose right now and she almost slipped a little. Having to pause to keep her balance. "Where are they?" Was she going to try and get them? Yes.. she wanted them THAT badly.

Another snort. "We went out, righ'? Your boy carry me back..? He ain' here, right?" Scooting some on the bed. She'd look to the night stand and begin searching for her pills.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"No, I'm not givin' ya the pills, Kingly." Gabby stepped back a little. She had dealt with Noah like this on more occasions than she cared to admit. Hell, she had been here before herself. She knew how quick things could change from Gabby and King arguing over the pills to King going a little nuts for them. Gabby clenched her jaw a little and stood her ground, repeating. "Gotta wait a couple of hours...I'm sorry, T...but I'm just lookin' out for ya." Then Gabby let out a little sigh. "We didn' exactly go out...you went to work and passed out there after taking too many pills. Rix carried you back here, yes. He knew you couldn' walk and I sure as hell can't carry your big ass around." She didn't answer that third question.

They weren't there. She even opened the drawer to check.. and closed it, but not lightly. Not at all since Gabby told her she wasn't getting any. She roughly dropped back down to the bed and pressed a hand to her face. ".. Gabby, I ain't f*ckin' around.. Real talk, gimme the pills."

"No, King. I'm not gonna give 'em to ya. I'll give 'em to ya when it's time. You done took too many an' you're gonna be sick as f*ck if ya take anymore." Gabby backstepped a few more steps so that she was leaning against a table. "I'm sorry. I know this is hard for ya..." She tried to sound soothing but knew even that would be pointless.

".. You jus' wanna see me in pain, that's all." Not thinking clearly. Spewing words without a care. She'd Turn onto her side and press her face to pillow. What followed was a cross between a grunt, a groan, and maybe a little scream. Hand found the top of her head and fingers curled to grip at hair.

Gabby wouldn't have been more hurt if King had punched her right in the gut. "Ohmygod, Terry King...I cannot believe you just said that to me..." Gabby's voice was barely a whisper but the pain was obvious. Despite it all, she still stepped over to brush a hand over King;s head and tried to take her hand when she heard her cry of pain.

"What do I gotta' do..?" It was a side of her not many really saw. King's voice was pleading right now. A hint of a whine along with it. She'd turn about, her other hand finding Gabby's own -- the one that had taken her own hand. She'd pull at the girl, trying to bring her in close. She looked away. Trying her hardest to think of something. ".. I'm hurtin', Gabby.. Can't ya' see that? I'm jus'.. I dunno." Her eyes closed, then kept closed for a good ten seconds. She then snorted back and shook her head. "I love ya'.. So, don't do this?"

Gabby crouched down next to the bed as King drew her closer. Leaning her head against King's own, Gabby closed her eyes as the tears started to slowly leak from the corners. Her voice was almost inaudible, "I do see, Kingly. I do. I can't give you any of those pills. Best I can do is give ya some Ibuprofen. They always gave me that when I was in the hospital when I broke somethin'...would help the narcotics work better. Want me to get ya some? I got 'em in my bag." Gabby swallowed; she felt like crap because of what King said. It bothered her that the other girl honestly believed she was just doing this on purpose.

"tsk.." the second she heard I can't give you any of those pills -- she'd be clicking her tongue. Her head moving away from pressed position against Gabby's, and instead came to rest against her shoulder. ".. Gabby." She spoke her name in that pained sort of way. She then nodded her head against her, a soft `uh-huh` leaving her lips. She was saying yes to the Ibuprofen, but that wasn't all. ".. my pills.. they in the bag too?"

"I jus' wanna know where.. I ain't gonna take any, I promise.. They got my name on 'em, they're mine."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Gabby sighed and shook her head as she moved away from King. She understood that the girl was in pain, but she also knew when somebody was trying to play her. "No, Terry...your pills are hidden. Might have your name on 'em but that sure as hell didn' stop ya when ya took mine when my arm was broke. Whatever, man." She sighed and walked over to her bag, opening it and shaking it a couple of times until she saw the bottle of ibuporfen. "I ain' f*ckin' stupid King. Don' make promises to me when I know you're lyin'..." Oh she was -not- happy. "I'm just lookin' out for ya...I don' need this sh*t from you." Gabby swiped at her eyes before opening the bottle and taking out four of the pills. The bottle was capped and put away and she grabbed King's bottle of orange soda from the table and carried it over to where the girl was laying. "Givin' ya the prescription strength of it...that's what the docs had me takin' with the Oxy last time..." The bottle and pills were both held out for King but Gabby wouldn't look at her now.

".. ain' f* ckin' stupid, but you're bein' a f*ckin' b*tch." She swiped the pills out of her hand and threw them into her mouth. The bottle was taken as well, but she couldn't quite get the cap off.. it was twisted too tight, or she was just getting overly frustrated. When it finally did work, she'd swallow back the pills and give Gabby a look. She didn't say anything, there was a pause.. The look on her face? She had just realized she said the wrong thing. "... Gabby, I'm sorry.. I didn' mean that, i'm just.. Real talk, it's hard."

"Well, how 'bout I just let ya go back to sleep now and I will take my b*tch ass outta here. I've done all I can for ya...gave ya somethin' for pain. You'll feel better in 'bout an hour." She didn't even bother to look at King as she turned around and swiped her bag from the table. She stopped on her way past the bed and grabbed a blanket off of the foot of it and unfolded it, tossed it over King, and then walked on past to the bathroom that was to the left of the door leading out of the hotel room.

Opening the door, she motioned for Rix to come out and pressed a finger to her lips to indicate that he shouldn't say anything. She didn't need anymore nonsense to deal with from King and it would definitely cause some ruckus if she knew Rix was still there...even though it was Gabby's room. She opened the door that led out into the hallway and after Rix stepped out, Gabby closed it and pulled her keys from the bag to lock it. Then she just turned around and slumped against the door, hands raising to cover her face as she started crying.

"FINE! LEAVE!" King called out behind her. Swiping at the blanket, but not pulling it off. She'd curl up on the bed and yell out again. Not words, but just the sound of it. She began to scoot across the bed.. Gabby was gone, she'd just look for what she wanted. She made it as far as the edge of the bed before she buried her face against the softness of the blanket that was dragged along with her. ".. Nn.."

By the time Gabby would return, King would be asleep again. Laying in a mess of blankets down on the floor, beside the bed.

Gabby had gone no further than where she had slid down the door to cry; not wanting to be too far away in case King needed something. Despite the harsh words that had cut Gabby like a knife, she still wouldn't abandon the girl. Yes, she walked away but that was because the situation would have escalated further and Gabby didn't want it to reach that point; it was already bad enough.

She fell asleep with her head on Rix's knee after making him promise to wake her if he heard King moving around in the room. Other patrons of the Inn and a couple of employees saw Gabby laying on the hallway floor and though they arched a brow at this, none said a word to her. She just needed a little nap, just to refresh her exhausted body. How long had it been since she had slept for more than an hour or two at a time? Before King had gotten hurt, so she was too tired to deal with the issues that plagued her now. Maybe tomorrow she could face her problems but for tonight she was going to nap...so long as King didn't need her.

Return to “Adventures in Wonderland”