Under the Same Moon

What do you get when you throw characters from different settings together?
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

King would have experienced another punishment, much like the first, had Gabby not managed to pull that punch before it landed once she spun around. King was going to have to remember not to grab her and especially not from behind.

"Goddamnit T...why you always gotta be grabbin' at people? I could have hurt you. Jesus..."

She was fuming, upset with herself, and jumpy at the same time. She pulled that punch but that split second of panic that had clutched at her when King grabbed her was enough to make her heart race and she was having to force herself to deep breathe to calm herself.

Those tables full of teenagers were all watching the exchange and to them Gabby probably looked half crazy but the only other person in the place that mattered to the girl was King...and she knew exactly why Gabby reacted to unsanctioned touching the way she did.

Now that things were calmer and she wasn't about to mangle someone's face, Gabby realized that she was actually standing there face-to-face with King. Damnit, she hadn't been able to get out in time. Maybe she should just be straight and tell the girl what was what. It was a good plan in theory until Gabby actually looked up into King's face...and saw that black eye.

"That f*cking jerk...ohmygod Kingly, what did he do to you?"

She leaned forward to caress King's cheek slowly with her thumb as she chewed at her lower lip. "Does it hurt much?"

“Just got a good punch in.. that’s all.” King responded in a way to act like her injuries really meant little. Her left hand rising to place itself against the one that the other girl was caressing her with.

“Nah, not much. Had worse.” Trying to offer a small smile along with her words, but it just wouldn’t come fully. All that came would be a small perk at the right of her lips -- one that left only a few seconds after it formed.

“.. So, you know..” King came to the conclusion from Gabby’s own words. She knew that Noah and her had fought, and that this was the result of her attack. But she didn’t offer much of an opening for respond, not when she set her sights on the door - then back at Gabby. “.. You were about to leave, huh?”

Once King was holding her hand against the back of Gabby's, she realized she was still touching King's face. Her hand was pulled back quickly and stuffed into the pocket of that still soaked hoodie. Eyes averted for a moment until the other girl spoke again.

“Yeah. I know. Mikey sent me a video of the whole thing."

Gabby said this as nonchalantly as possible, not wanting to give away the fact that King's admission in the midst of that very heated moment when she was fighting, left her confused and with butterflies in her stomach. Luckily she was basically saved from discussing that when King busted her for almost leaving.

"I was...going to stand outside and wait for you. Didn' see ya sittin' there. Sorry."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

“.. Thought he was just watchin’ the fun.” King said almost somewhat unamused. She didn’t know Mikey had his cell out and was recording the whole thing..

She could only wonder how many others had seen the recording. A sick, maybe twisted even, sort of feeling came. `Good..` she thought to herself. `Asshole needs to be seen gettin’ beat up by some girl.`

“Would’ve been pretty chilly.. standin’ out there ‘n all.” Lowering her gaze and running it down the girls wet clothes. “.. You should take that off.” Gesturing to the hoodie. “I got some drinks.. Hot chocolate, still warm.”

"Nah, I love the rain. Makes me feel good." She departed with that little morsel of odd information about herself as she shrugged at King.

"Hot chocolate sounds awesome. Thanks." She waited for the other girl to gesture to where she had been sitting, while she studied her shoes.

“Feel good now, get sick later.. but - hey. Guess it’s worth it?” A momentary pleasure did sometimes outweigh the problems it could lead to in the future. Her own situation with Noah seemed to reflect that.

“Over there.” King brought up a hand to urge the girl along while pointing back to the table.

“Ordered some food too. Should be out soon.. not feelin’ that much hungry so we can share.” It sounded just like a friendly offer, but at the same time Terry was trying to see how long the girl had wanted to stay with her company. Was this going to be short? Was it going to be long? That’s what she was trying for.

"I don' get sick that easy, really. But yeah, totally worth it if I did."

Gabby moved off in the direction King pointed and dropped her bag and then herself onto the bench that didn't contain King's hoodie and bag. Her hands reached for the hot chocolate immediately and she took a big gulp of it without blowing on it too much. Luckily it had sat there for a few minutes and was tolerable.

"I'mma order something too cause I am famished...haven't eaten all day and just realized it." Now that she was here and hadn't gotten away with bailing on King...she might as well stay. It was just so she could eat and also to warn her to stay away from Noah. That's what she told herself anyway. That was why she was suddenly staring at King as if she hadn't seen her in months and was afraid she would disappear. She caught herself mid-stare and mentally chastised herself as she looked down at the hot chocolate and flicked a fingertip through the whipped cream.

“Makin’ me eat.. I ain’t the type who likes to bring home doggy bags.” Exaggerated sigh. King leaned back into her own booth seat and stretched out an arm across its top. Maybe she was trying to look relaxed. Though she had to drop it when she almost used her wrapped hand to grab at her drink. Shifting some in her seat, she’d reach out and curl fingers about the handle of that hot chocolate filled mug and brought it up to her lips. A sip was taken then, more would of been taken but the waitress had returned with her food. “Thanks.. she’ll be orderin’ too.” Nodding over to Gabby.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

King then began to inspect her food. Poking around at the fries and opened burger.

"Well, I'll still eat part of it. Did you already forget how much I can eat?"

That was spoken quietly, full of other unspoken questions. What else had King forgotten in that short time?

Then the waitress appeared and Gabby was happily distracted by placing her order. "I'll have some chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, corn, and biscuits. A bottle of honey and some butter for the biscuits. Whole plate of them. A big glass of milk too, please. Oh...and can you get us refills on the hot chocolate and put double whipped cream and marshmallows in mine? Oooh do you have the little pink star shaped marshmallows? Those are the best!" She -finally- took a breath and let the waitress, who was staring in amazement at the pint sized girl, answer. "Aww, I love those marshmallows but oh well. Can ya just bring me a bowl of the regular ones then? Maybe with some red food coloring?"

Yes, she really did ask for all of that.

King was left to watch in amazement at the order taking place. Sipping at her own hot chocolate and casting glances between the waitress and Gabby. Once the order was taken an everything seemed to be good, she would then lower her mug down and speak out.

"Sounds like you're eatin' for three people.. You ain't got any lil' Gabby's inside there, right?"

Wait. That sounded so wrong. She let out a small cough and looked down at her empty mug. ".. So.. you wanted to talk."

Gabby blinked a few times at King. "You mean..." Eyes widened. "Nah, I doubt it. I'm just hungry...ain' been eatin' all that much lately. Besides, some of them biscuits are yours. Good for ya..." She also thought tons of sugar was good for her as well, so King probably shouldn't put much stock in Gabby's health advice.

"Yeah, ain' seen ya in a few days...thought we should talk since you said you talked to Donnie." Whom she still hadn't spoken to nor seen since she had missed three days of work. That was because she quit...she just hadn't bothered to tell him that. Gabby was normally a pretty good girl for the most part...but Donnie pissed her off to no end...so she was playing hard ball.

“Just been.. sorta' worried about where you disappeared to." More poking at her own food. It took her some time, but she finally pinched at one of those fries and stuffed it past her lips. "Things sorta'.. you know, happened." Shrugging while she said that last line.

King looked up from her food and stared across the table at Gabby. ".. Haven't really spoken to him much after what happened. Told 'em I couldn't find you, that's about it." She reached for another fry, but just couldn't get herself to eat just yet. She instead pressed chin against that now propped up palm.

".. I ain't gonna ask where you've been.." Peering off to the side. ".. I just.. really wanna know if.." Pausing. As if she didn't want to say it. She then let out a sigh. ".. Are we... you know, are we still cool..? You left all weird the last time.."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"I didn' disappear. Been 'round here an' there. Needed to get my head straight."

Gabby reached out for a fry and let it dangle near her lower lip as she spoke again, looking down at the table. "Did he seem okay or is he gonna go beat the f*ck out of Noah too?"

Right there it was...just out there with no warning. Did she sound a little upset? Yeah, she did. And she was. Not overly angry or anything, but she was a little upset. Did she know Noah deserved it sometimes? She did...but she had been with him for seven years...since she was a twelve year old kid. Not even a full year after Donnie pulled her in off of the streets where she had been since her parents had died. Noah had a lot of control over Gabby that she didn't really even see. She was programmed to be upset over something like this. But her tone wasn't angry and King would be able to hear that.

"I don' care if you ask. I wasn' hiding. I just didn' wanna talk to none of you." Then she nibbled at her lower lip, sucking that lip ring to rest behind her top teeth for a moment before answering.

"I dunno if we are cool. Define cool, Terry. Is havin' a girlfriend an' kissin' on me cool? I mean, I s'pose we were just playin' round but that ain' how you made it feel. You made it feel like maybe I..." She just shrugged then. "Yo, it don' matter what I thought. I gotta boyfriend so I bet you think I'm a hypocrite or somethin' but you don' know nothin' 'bout my situation. An' you already knew 'bout him and still made the choice to be messin' with me...you didn' gimme that choice." Then Gabby just huffed out of frustration and shoved the fry into her mouth to shut herself up. She had already said far more than she had wanted to. It was evident by the way her face was pinking up and she couldn't look at King.

King simply listened to what Gabby had to say. Her lips parting every now and then, trying to break into that one sided conversation to speak her piece, but it never came. She was just forced to sit there and listen. Lips pressing more and more against one another to take on the shape of a thin line.

When she was finally able to, the girl spoke. "I was just worried.. if you wanted time to yourself, it's fine.. Gotta' do what's right for you. I guess I kinda' blew up a lil'.. I was just worried, but -- it's still my bad." All that silence on her end was enough time for her to think things through. What she wanted to say, how she wanted to say it. She almost wanted to just blurt out `I don't have a girlfriend!` when Gabby spoke it.. but, this was better.

".. I don't gotta' girlfriend, Gabby.. Who told you that?" Speaking rather calm about the subject.

"I didn' want time to myself...I wanted time with you...without her." The second those blurted words left her lips, she regretted them. "F**k, Gabby...why'd you have to say somethin' so childish and jealous soundin'?"

She tried to just move on with the conversation, but her voice was far too quiet and her cheeks far too red for her to be able to pull off the "it don't matter" act. "Yeah, I get it. It's just hard to see as it happens. I don'...." She cleared her throat a little. "I don' like seein' you hurt like this, 'specially over me. I ain' worth a black eye or that hand. But it ain' over King. You dunno what he is capable of. He ain' gonna let this die."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Gabby ate a couple more fries than nearly choked when she heard King. "Alex ain' your girlfriend?" Ignoring the question she was asked.

`Without WHO..?` Was on King's mind. She didn't seem all that pleased either when that left Gabby's lips. But all of that could easily be explained with the confusion she felt now. She covered that look with a palm pressed to her lower face, then slid it away while she sat back. Reaching out to pinch at another fry to eat.

"Alex is just a friend. We're close, but she's not my girlfriend." Biting into into the fry. "Did she say different..? I thought you two were pretty friendly while you were at the dorms." King might of thought that it was Alex. Everything was sort of leading to that. `I swear.. if you're causin' me trouble`. Was what came to mind. For that split second she considered how she'd try and tell Alex to back off of claiming her like that.

"She didn' have to. She looks at ya like that. An' that night in the...." Gabby just shrugged, trying not to look as upset as she was feeling. She took a sip of her mostly cool hot chocolate and then breathed a sigh of relief as the waitress arrived with her plate of food, plate of biscuits, glass of milk, two more hot chocolates, a bowl of marshmallows, a bowl with a small amount of red food coloring, a bottle of honey, and several mini tubs of butter.

Gabby looked at it all and just a little bit of that funk that had seeped into her attitude was gone. She turned a sunshiney smile up to the waitress, "Thank you a bunch. I'mma leave you an awesome tip for gettin' all of this right."

Before she started to cut that chicken fried steak, she looked over at King then frowned a little. "I didn' mean to imply that you gotta answer to me, cause you don' and none of it matters now. Want some of this?" Pointing down at her plate with the knife poised in her hand.

"The way she looks at..?" King's voice cut off by the return of the waitress. She didn't want to speak up with her there. That wrapped hand flexed a little under the table. Those twinges of pain streaking through her body got her to focus on other things, even if for a split second.

"Gabby.." The girl was trying to change the subject, but King still wanted to talk about it. "Look, babygirl.. it ain't like that - seriously. We're just friends. If you saw somethin'.. or heard somethin', it's just a misunderstanding." There was a smile on her face. It was habit, she wanted everything to seem like it was okay. Nerves getting the best of her. She leaned in then. ".. Seriously, we ain't like that.."

"Is that what was botherin' you..?" She reached out then with her left. It probably wasn't the greatest of her ideas, but she still went for it. King moved to reach out to take that knife held hand.

Gabby let King hold onto her hand but moved the other one, wielding the fork, so that she could take a bite of potatoes. After swallowing, she nodded a little, looking down into her plate so she didn't have to admit that while looking at King.

"Yeah, it bothered me."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"Could you tell me.. yanno, why? I mean.. I got what you were sayin' but.. Did you think." King pulled her hand away then. Settling it within her lap, along with its opposite. She shifted some in the seat and leaned over the table some. ".. Me 'an you..?"

"uhm...nuh uh, no worries." Gabby rushed those words out, yanking her hand back and immediately attacking that chicken fried steak. She was lying through her teeth and felt like crap about it but she had to protect herself.

She's mine mother f**ker...

King's words came to mind and Gabby paused in mid cut and looked up.

"I mean...well..." Then she shrugged because what was she supposed to say. Still sitting there completely still, she decided to turn the tables.

"What did you mean when you told Noah I was yours?" There...it was out.

"I.." There was a pause then. King looked somewhat confused behind those words. She looked down at the table, then out through the window. `She's mine..` - it hit her then, what she had said. It took a few replays of what happened during that fight, but it was there.

What should she do - what should she say? Anxiety kicked in then. Her fingers began to fidget, but that caused a small wince of pain to run up her right arm. A side glance was then cast over to Gabby. This was panic mode. Part of her wanted to act like she didn't remember what was said. The other -- it reminded her of the emotions she felt, and the feeling behind those chosen words.

".. 'cus.." King started off slow. Unable to find the words. Her eyes closed, and her face sort of scrunched up for a split second as she looked away. ".. 'cus, I got feelin's for you.." Her own confession was out. It hurt to say, but at the same time it felt so good; but even that didn't cure the ache she felt in her stomach.

All King could think about now was rejection. This was why she never opened up to other girls. Simply whisper in their ears the things they like to hear at the moment, get under the sheets, and be gone the next morning. It was like she said.. `Feel good now, get sick later.. but - hey. Guess it’s worth it?` Those few moments of bliss was worth it.. but things have changed.

".. I didn't just go there lookin' for a fight.. I went there lookin' for you.. I.." King shook her head. "All I could think about was him hurtin' you.. I ain't lettin' some f*cker hurt the girl I.." She couldn't say it. All Terry did was go silent then.

Gabby went back to cutting and then eating as King fumbled for words and generally looked miserable. She watched King closely as she chewed, not being able to stop herself.

Gabby should know better than to eat during an intense conversation, as was evidenced by her starting to choke because she had sucked in a breath when those words left King's lips. Unfortunately for her, her mouth had been full at the time of that gasp and now she was coughing loudly. Not her proudest moment and definitely not what she wanted her response to be.

Finally, after a couple of moments and a few sips of hot chocolate, Gabby recovered and stared at King.

"You got feelings for me? How do you know? I mean...how can you be sure of that?"
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

She had been up nearly all night the night she left the Arena, talking to G about King. Gabby had been so distraught when she arrived at the Ivy that she unloaded all of her uncertainties onto him since he was willing to listen and impart advice.

"I gathered that you were lookin' for me. You were kinda loud 'bout that." Gabby tried not to, but couldn't help but to snicker at the memory. It was rather funny now. King was a lunatic and probably scared the hell out of Noah. Yeah it was funny until that image popped into her head and then her face took on a rather pained expression.

"Kingly, I'm scared he'll hurt you...you're the girl I like too."

It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of Gabby's shoulders right then. It felt good to tell someone she cared and not get a cold shoulder in return. At the same time, she still felt weird about King being female.

"Do you think we can choose who we care for?"

It came out of left field but it went along with everything in her head. She couldn't help the fact that King was a girl. She hadn't sought out a girl to become infatuated with, after all. It had happened naturally as they had spent time together. Gabby didn't think a person could choose who they cared for but she wanted to hear King's feelings on it.

".. Don't gotta' worry no--.." King felt the words leave her lips when Gabby spoke of Noah and the problems that could arise; yet she was silenced by what came after that pause. She swallowed back roughly and peered down at the table. Gabby might not see it, but there was a smile that appeared at the teens lips. "Gabby.." She would start, but was hushed by the next question that came her way.

"I think.." Terry started. Peering from the table so that she could look across from it. To look at the girl who she had only moments ago confessed feelings for. ".. Nah, I don't think we can."

The question made Terry think of the past. Her own family. Her mother and father. Her mother fell in love with him, even though she knew he was a married man; even though she knew of the problems that could come from it. She cared for him -- and here King was doing the same thing. She cared for a girl who was in a relationship. A relationship King, herself, wanted to end.

Like mother like daughter it seemed.

".. It just happens. You can't control it or nothin'.." Her words came as she looked to the window. Her body hunching slightly. King wasn't used to this - but she was trying her hardest right now to make up for the difficulty she was having. "You meet someone ya' like an', that's it."

King tried her best to offer the girl a side glance. ".. I like you, Gabby.. and I'm willin' to fight for that."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Gabby finally shushed her motor mouth and listened to King. Watching King as she answered that important question.

"I don' think so either. But if you could choose different...would you?" It wasn't really something that mattered, since they were already here and the feelings had already been confessed. "I mean...now you got this big f*cking target on your back. I would never have asked ya to defend me or nothin', T. I mean, it feels kinda good that you like me 'nuff to get involved but at the same time, it scares the sh*t outta me."

Gabby scooped up a big bite of potatoes and gravy and held the fork out for King to take a bite. "I like you too, Kingly. I gotcha back too. Might have to stab that b*tch if he touches you. I'm a'ight with that too."

Then she took that bite she had offered King because...she needed a drink and had no booze immediately available and the next best thing was comfort food. Also, she just needed to divert her attention from King for a moment so she could collect her thoughts.

"Nah, nah.." King offered only a small pause between those two words. Shaking her head while uttering them. "I wouldn't wanna change nothin'.. Things might be a lil' fu*ked up right now, but I ain't runnin' away."

She reached out for her burger and took a large bite of it. Her own excuse to stay silent for a few moments while she chewed. King dropped the burger back down onto the plate, then a few seconds later swallowed by that large portion. During that time she was thinking. Thinking about everything Gabby had just said, and also trying to take the time to clear her own head so she could answer.

"Come back to my place.." King finally said. It didn't give much information to the Noah problem, but it was something she felt that needed to be asked.

"I just wanna.. be with you t'night.."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"What if I asked you to run away? Like, just get away until I get shit fixed with Noah."

Gabby took another bite and contemplated what to say next. She forced a smile for King's benefit before answering her question. "Why not stay at the Ivy tonight instead? I don't wanna worry 'bout nuns or Infatuated classmates tonight. "

"I aint runnin' nowhere." King was quick to respond. Then quieted up once more while taking a drink of that hot chocolate. "I know it's scary.. but I just can't do it." She thought over the Ivy. Thinking on it while taking another bite of burger.

Then she'd nod. "Yeah.. Kinda want it quiet, just you 'n me.. Ivy then." She finished with another nod.

"Don' think of it as runnin', Kingly...think of it as savin' my sanity. I would be there with you all of the time. Just gone if the boss called for somethin'. Which he wouldn't since he would be the one hiding us. Please?" she gave King puppy eyes and the pouty lip. "For me? Please? "

King clicked her tongue. Shifting looks from the pouty Gabby, to the window, then back at that pout. "I'll lay low, alright?" She said with a sigh, following it up with a grin. "School 'n the Ivy.. How 'bout that?" Reaching out and seeking her hand. "You're gonna have to keep me not bored 'n junk, babygirl. Think you can do that?" King said with a little grin.

"Nah, I don' think that is enough. He knows where you go to school, yo. Fuuuck." Gabby put down her fork and knife and just cradled her head. "Please, Terry...just trust me on this. I know you are tougher than me...I ain' sayin' you ain' tough. But trust me. If you won' save yourself then save me 'cause he's comin' for me now too. If for no other reason, just to get to you.

No men allowed except for the priest.. but I getcha’..” King didn’t like the idea of just hiding away. She pursed her lips and leaned back against the boothseath while sucking in a breath.

“I can’t just skip school like that, Gabby.. Nn. But..” She sighed. Not liking what she was about to say. “Fine.. I’ma have to call my..” Grunting. “Dad.” Then huffing out. Elbows found the table and hands pressed to her cheeks. “So.. you’re holdin’ me up at the Ivy?”

"I know ba... T. I know. And maybe G can pretend to be your pops or somethin'? Bring your books and I can help keep you on track with school. " Oh Yeah, Gabby was a pretty smart little cookie when she wasn't too busy trying not to be.

"You're gonna bring me cupcakes and I am going to Inappropriately touch you. You won't sue me will ya?" Gabby gave king a wink then nodded. "Ivy or go to that island boss talks 'bout. He could drop us off maybe. "

“Nah, they know my Pops.” King still didn’t sound all that thrilled - but if this was how it needed to be, she could suck it up. King shrugged her shoulders.

“No worries, I’ll call ‘im.” The talk of cupcakes and touching was a good distraction away from the subject of her father. She smiled and leaned to the left just a little.

“Well.. if ya’ let me touch you back, I’ll keep my lips sealed, Miss Gabby.” A sly smirk on her lips. It mixed well with the little lust in her voice. Then a chuckle “Island sounds sunn.. it’s gettin’ a lil’ chilly. How’s the weather there?”

"Gasp! Kingly, you would tattle tell on me?" Gabby affected a little false pout. "And here I thought you would want me to let you touch me cause I wanted you to and not because I was bein' blackmailed by some ornery lil minx. Hmph!"

She tried to look stern, wasn't that what teachers were supposed to do? Then she just burst into giggles. "You are a total brat." Which she liked.

"I haven' ever been to that island. I just remember the boss sayin' somethin' 'bout it that night you an' me got into that fight. I bet he'd take us for a couple of days to end the boredom of being holed up in the Ivy. He ain' gonna lemme stay on that island for weeks, though. I got stuff to be doin' for him but I bet I could take a few days off. He ain' so bad, really. Been nice to me. When we get back, I will stay with ya...promise! And I will deal with Noah." She said that but didn't have any definitive plan to do so yet.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"Yup. So the touching best stay mutual, babygirl." King said. A grin flashed upon her features and she added a little wink in Gabby's direction to get her point across. "The brattiest brat.. Hope ya' can deal, Miss Gabby." Now she really -did- sound like a total brat.

“You don't gotta' deal with Noah alone.. real talk." King's face matched the seriousness in her voice. The teen held her hands together on top of the table and began to lean against bent arms. Her shoulders rose while doing so, and she inched perhaps a little closer to Gabby, but not by far. "I'm serious, Gabby.. I don't wanna see 'em hurtin' you no more.. The only marks that should be on your skin is the hickys I'll be givin'.." She tried to flash a smile at her joke, but it was hard.

".. I ain't sayin' I don't trust your judgement, but.." She then let out a soft `nnnng` while tilting her head. ".. I wanna do my part.. I'm fine with stayin' at the Ivy, I'm fine with the island 'n sh*t.. But if things go down, I don't want you goin' alone.."

"You are the brattiest brat...no lie." Gabby tapped the toe of her shoe against the side of King's leg and slid it halfway up her calf all while keeping a casual look upon her face. This was some pretty extreme touching as far as Gabby was concerned. At least with another girl. She was still coming to grips with the fact that she was this attracted to King, so everything seemed like a big deal. "Miss Gabby...I sorta like the sound of that. It has a ring to it."

As fast as she had loosened up and started joking and rubbing King's leg...she was right back to being a little uptight with that worried expression on her face.

"Stop worryin' 'bout me an' Noah, Kingly. Just worry 'boutchu and I'll take care of the rest of it." She was sobered up enough mentally now that the comment about the hickeys wasn't able to get more than the faintest of silly eyerolls.

"You wanna do your part...then stay out of it, T. You gonna get me killed if ya don', understand what I'm sayin'?"

The girl sighed heavily then leaned forward as well. "I'm sorry, Terry. I don' mean to snap atchu but you gotta know that I know him better than you do. I know what makes him tick and what ticks him off. How you think I stayed alive this long?"

“.. yeah, I getcha'.." Getting it and liking it weren't the same thing. King still didn't like the idea, but she couldn't just protest it with Gabby like this. If her being around could somehow cause Noah to go off his rocker and somehow hurt the girl, King just didn't want to be the one responsible for it.. The situation was awkward, and she felt as if she were losing in each direction she took.

King pressed her face against open palms and sighed out. Those palms running down her face, then neck, before finally being lowered so that she could press arms to the table.

"Fine.. We'll do it your way." King said as she slowly nodded her head.

"Once we leave here I'm guessin' you'll take me to the Ivy.. then I gotta' make a few phone calls."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"I dunno what else to do, Kingly. I dunno what I would do if he hurt you more than he already has..."

As she spoke, Gabby reached out to gingerly touch the other girl's hand then leaned forward more until she could press her lips to the edge of King's black eye. Yes, she just showed girl on girl affection in a busy diner full of kids their ages. Did she seem bothered by this? Not in the slightest...it didn't occur to her that she was doing anything wrong. Being close to King felt right...felt more right than it had with Noah in years.

"Listen...we don' gotta do everythin' my way. If you can think up a better way where you will still be safe...I'll listen. This ain' all my decision. Your happiness means somethin' to me, T."

Gabby looked down shyly as she said that last part. It was still new territory to put her feelings out there for another person to hear.

"I got a few ideas.. but nonna' them sound as good as yours." Diner full of people or not -- King didn't care. The only person that mattered to her was Gabby.. and maybe the waitress if and when she came around to refill her drink; but Gabby meant more - no question.

Her eye closed when soft lips pressed nearby. Her own lips curling to expose a toothy sort of grin. Gabby might of looked down shyly, but Kings curled finger seeked out her chin to lift so that they would look to one another once more. Not only that, but the younger teen had leaned over the table enough to seek out Gabby's lips with her own.

"I'm happy wit' you, real talk.." Her voice low, a whisper against Gabby's lips.

Gabby's lashes fluttered upward so she was once again peering at King when her chin was lifted. A tiny smile played about her lips as King leaned in for that kiss.

"Me too, Kingly." She whispered back before pressing a kiss to King's lower lip.

There were other people there? Gabby didn't even notice as she was far too busy falling a little more for the girl sitting across from her.

"Now tell me some of your ideas and maybe we can compromise or somethin'..."

"I'ma have to stop myself.." King said, but she was having a hard time. She liked the feeling of kissing Gabby, which was why she did it once more instead of telling the woman her ideas.

She finally stopped herself when there was a whistle from another one of those tables, but even then King couldn't help but linger just a little before pulling away to settle herself back down.

King was now grinning ear to ear. Making sure to have taken Gabby's hand into her own so they could hold onto one another from their opposite ends of the table. King offered that hand a squeeze and said. ".. it ain't nothin' important." A small look off to the side. Paying the smallest bit of mind to a few people who might have been watching. She perked a brow and then winked before turning back to Gabby.

"Ivy sounds better anyway the more I think on it.. could treat it like a mini va-cay or somethin'.. You ain't gonna ride me hard, right? Miss Gabby?" She snickered. "I'm talkin' about the schoolin', by the way."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"Yeah, we prolly should..." This said as she kissed King once more as well. A hand lifted to give a little princess wave to their audience.

"She's cute, ain' she?" Gabby called over to their admirers, grinning like a loon as she did so. Her grin only widened as she listened to the replies regarding her and King.

"Didya hear that? That guy said we look hot together."

Gabby's fingers curled around King's as she picked up her fork with the other hand and took a bite of potatoes. Which she choked on, again, as King spoke. Cough cough sputter.

"Kingly...you are so bad. But yeah, I'm gonna ride ya hard. You ain' never had a ride like what I'mma give ya." Taking another bite, chewing, and swallowing as her face turned three shades of red. Taking her sweet time in adding the last part.

"Talkin' 'bout your schoolwork, of course." She found that she couldn't quite meet King's gaze at the moment.

".. Oh? F'real? I was kinda' hopin' you weren't." King tried to look a little disappointed when she said that, but her almost trademark grin couldn't help but stay on her lips.

"Kinda' liked the idea of gettin' a ride I ain't never had before." Mouth opening to take another bite of burger. Oh, but that couldn't hide the smile she had on her lips. It was all over her face while she chewed.

"Could prolly charge 'em to watch us kiss a lil' more." Now she was being a complete brat. Her brow waggled when she said it.

"We could always use s'more money. How much should we charge?" Gabby looked entirely serious about putting on a show for money. Was it because she wanted the money, liked the excitement of being naughty, or because she wanted an excuse to kiss King again? All of the above would be the correct answer. Poor King for getting mixed up with someone with such questionable morals. What would the nuns think?

"Could prolly make a killin' if we let 'em take a couple of pics too, yanno. Just sayin..." Money. Money. Making out. More money. What wasn't to love 'bout this plan?

"For reals though...I ain' gonna let you slack on your schoolwork. That shit's important, T."

King sort of sat there. Mouth opened, ready to take one of the few lasts bites of her burger. Gabby's words, it seemed, stopped her dead. Her brow perked. She was about to speak -- but Gabby had to switch things up on her. She chuckled instead and shoved the rest of her burger into her mouth. Chew, chew, chewing took time and she finally swallowed it back with a good bit of effort. She looked like she could have choked, but she was total champ.

"I dunno.. I kinda' think I'll be able to butter up my teacher some. I gotta' secret.." She leaned in. Still grinning. ".. I hear she's gotta' crush on me."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Gabby took a sip of her hot chocolate then watched King over the rim of the mug as she giggled a little.

"You are so gonna be the teacher's pet. I better get a cupcake every day." She didn't deny the comment about having a crush, in fact...

"Maaaybe. I mean, alright, so what if I do? You think you can use that 'gainst me? Hm?" She tapped King's leg with the toe of her shoe.

"Of course. I gotta' work with what I got, right?" That leg tapping just urged King to slip out of her sneaker and run her own sock covered foot along Gabby's leg. Sure, she had done it before so it couldn't be seen as anything new, but that wouldn't stop her.

"Gotta' pretty girl all crushin' on me.. I'd be stupid if I didn't exploit it." Tip of her tongue peeking out from between her lips.

Gabby's arm slipped from the table so that she could slide a hand along King's calf. Smirking a little, she gave a little pinch to the girl's muscle.

"So, I'm just another pretty girl for you to hit on?" She stuck her own tongue out a little and made a face at King.

"Naww.. you're just the prettiest."

She brought her arm back up to rest along the table in front of her, playing with King;s hand with both of hers now.

"And I betcha say that to all of them, right?" Giggling a little as she intertwined her fingers with King's.

"Better come up with a new line if you wanna impress me..."

"Ahh.. I kinda' seen you blushin' a few times already, and I'm pretty sure I heard you say that you liked me.. Sorta' impressed you enough - haven't I?" The brattiness returned with a sign of pursed lips that tried their hardest to mask her smirk.

"Hm.. what should I say? How babygirl's got it goin' on? How sweet 'n cute she is.. how right now I kinda' wish I could crawl across this table an'.. Well." King cut herself off. "Forgot.. I ain't supposed to be tryin' to impress a girl I already sorta' won over."

"There ain' no such word as 'enough' in my vocabulary, dollbaby. You're gonna learn that before long. So, do somethin' to impress me more than you think you already have." Gabby offered her own smirk in reply to King's.

"Note to self : don't give your heart to Kingly cause she's a collector." Gabby could be wrong but she vividly remembered the way Alex looked at King. It wasn't on accident. Gabby was street smart and she knew a line when she heard one...and lines came from players.

Still, she was making a conscious decision to stay
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"What? I gotta' keep you interested? An' here I was thinkin' I can start bein' all lazy 'n sh*t." King let out what sounded like a sigh, but it was exaggerated enough to be seen as fake.

"We spendin' the night with each other? 'cus I can think of a few things." She teased. Her fingers entwined with those of Gabby's, whose hand she still couldn't quite let go of yet. She pulled at it just a little, enough so she could inspect her nails. ".. I ain't ever done your nails before, huh? I'm pretty good." King hadn't really had the focus to do much nail painting for a while. With her busted hand now.. and with the worry of the hospital visit and such before -- she had other things on her mind instead of art.

".. C'mon, I ain't that bad." At the collector comment. King lowered their hands back down onto the table. "You sayin' I ain't got your heart? Mine sorta feels crushed right now."

"Playa~" Gabby sang out then started giggling. "What? You saying I ain't worth collecting? That whatcha sayin', T?" She knew that wasn't what king was saying but she was playing anyway. Grabbing King's thumb like she was thumb wrestling her, Gabby laughed.

"I doubt you feel crushed over somebody like me. I ain' worth bein' crushed over, sugar. Besides, I'm still sittin' here even though I done gotcha figured out..." or thought she did. She was used to Noah and that involved far more than a bruised or broken body. She said it all when she said she wasn't worth it. Which meant she didn't feel like she was worth better than what she already had.

"You do my nails and I'll give you a removable tatt like we talked about before."

"I'mma do it in nail polish to make it last longer..." she mused.

"Gonna waste it all.. if I remember right, you're supposed to give me some hot lookin' back tatt. A dragon." Bottom lip found itself bitten for a few. She had played back with the thumb wrestling, but put a stop to her side of it when she moved to lift that hand again. And, not the Prince Charming she totally wasn't - she kissed at it. Following it up with a wink.

"You're worth somethin', babygirl.. and that ain't me tryin' to play collector or somethin'." Her thumb brushing over Gabby's knuckles. "Real talk."

"an' you ain't figured nothin' out yet. C'mon, I'm a total mystery." Tip of her tongue flashed.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"Yup...most kickass dragon tatt ever too. You ain' seen nothin' 'til you see what I drew up for this. An' I don' care if I waste the nail polish...I can buy more." It was obvious that Gabby was excited about painting this "tatt" onto King's back.

It was always so much easier to believe the bad stuff that had been screamed at her than these words that King had uttered in sweet reassurance. It was enough to make Gabby withdraw her hand from King's and avert her gaze so that she seemed to be inspecting the black nail polish with purple and gold stars on her thumbnail. What she was really doing was just giving herself some breathing room so that she wasn't falling under whatever spell King was weaving, even if it was unintentional. She cleared her throat a couple of times then forced a cocky grin upon those poofy lips to make all of the uncertainty seem to go away.

"Psh baby, I can see through you like glass."

King blinked some when that hand was pulled away. She didn't move after it and instead leaned back to get a litle more comfortable against her seat. `Maybe I said somethin' wrong?` she thought while sipping at the hot chocolate she grabbed at while leaning back. There was only the smallest bit left, so she spent a good few seconds `drinking` just air.

Once she settled it down, Gabby spoke again. King's grin returned. "Really..? You gonna tell me what you see?" Tongue ran across her lips after she said that.

"Nah...I ain' ready to show my cards yet...still got a lot of game left to play, don't we?" She pushed her plate away and began pilfering through her bag until she had a few crumpled bills in her hand. The money was dropped onto the table before she looked up at King and smiled. "Payment and tip...ready to go or do you wanna stay here?"

"Not yet." King reached out. Grabbing at a few of those rolls so she could stuff them into hoodie pocket. It was only after that did she move to slide out from her side of the booth and stand. Speaking while she slid. "Now? Good to go." She needed some carbs for the road.

"C'mon, babygirl. You gotta' walk me home.. or, I guess the place i'ma be callin' home for a few."

-- end

Return to “Adventures in Wonderland”