First Communion - A Thanksgiving Tale

Moderator: KelatheSkelicia

KelatheSkelicia
Adventurer
Adventurer

First Communion - A Thanksgiving Tale

Post by KelatheSkelicia »

Rising carefully, the old man watched Kel's still slumbering face as his mental alarm let him know it was time to rise. Gently lifting her thigh he slowly began to ease his manhood free of her, the movements easy so as not to disturb her too greatly. Certainly she'd wake feeling him no longer inside of her. And truth be told he was beginning to enjoy the feel of her around him as they slept in this lingering moments. Shivering as her warmth leaves him, Druid starts to roll away, careful not to shift too much.

Crimson eyes drifted slowly open as she felt him leave her. A long, luxurious stretch, before she tucked one arm beneath her head to watch him move. She had spent many nights, unable to sleep, her nightmares dragging her into wakefulness, and making her want to prowl. Now, she slept easy, woke easier. Her free hand reached out, brushing fingers along his hip, but not a word left her lips.

Feeling those soft fingers along his ruined flesh cause him to still and regard her in the dark light. Pale luminescence casting rays of shadows across his scarred face only letting the angelic side be seen."Sorry I woke you..." the words soft as he watched her stretch and find a new positioning. The sight enough to fill him with a mind to take her again, but really five was enough for one night between the two of them.

"There's... quite a bit to be done today..." A small smile tilted her lips upward briefly. Her fingers followed the lines of his scarred flesh, tracing almost lovingly. Her eyes, her movements, would give nothing away to those who did not know her. But she was nervous. Her forked tongue flickered out over her lips, tasting the air between them.

"And I've told you before, you don't have to. There will be plenty of fair there, now if you want to bring something, all right." He knew she wanted to make a good impression upon these younglings and it helped him know the strength she hid so well. Leaning forward he kissed those nervous lips and brought a hand up between her thighs, the soft touch meant to sooth more than anything lecherous.

"But we can see about transport..think some of them would like a bigger meal. Plenty of mouths." He brought that hand up the center line of her body to touch her cheek gently, lips pulling away.

His touch caused a shiver to pass through her. She stopped him with a soft touch of her fingers against the flesh of his unruined cheek, kissing his lips more fully. "I've got transport handled. Most everything is finished...." She had spent most of the previous day in the ample kitchen he had made. Despite the magic of his small hut, the smells still drifted throughout the rooms. "We just need to pick up Marcus, on our way... he's expecting us."

"All right. I've not been on many...modern...transportation methods.Mostly walk about the town really. Keeps me in the shape I am." Freeing himself from her kiss the old man sat on the side of the bed, reaching down to pick up his robes. This place could get downright drafty! Standing, he brought the old garment around his shoulders, but did not tie it. "I'll see about letting them know when to expect us. I think they'll be eating around 2:00."

She was already up, stretching her limbs. She had filled out a bit since coming to live with him, losing some of those edges of hardness she'd gained from the jobs she had been taking. "I didn't go for modern, Dru. I rented us two horses, and an open carriage for today. Thought it would be fun." She flashed him a delighted grin. "That's enough time for a shower, and to get the last pies in the oven..."

THe back of his head rose up and down listening to her, though at the shower part he looked over his shoulder. "Separate showers right? Together we might lose track of time...." His tongue slithered out in a lewed display of dexterity before picking up his mask from the night stand and slipping it on.
She tapped a finger against her lips, as if to ponder his question, in all seriousness. "I thi nk that would be wise... After all..." She turned and headed in that direction.. "Wouldn't want you too tired out before we went." She threw him a wink, before slipping into the bathroom. She left the door on as she turned on the shower, though.

Laughing softly he watched her go, eyes trailing Kelathe's way inside. At the door he surveyed her path to the shower, watching the swell of her backside. Noting the changes in her, he couldn't help but notice the ones coming about in himself. However those were items he dare not dwell on, as much as he didn't like it down here, there were things worth sticking around for. And she made some good coffee.

She always sang while she was in the shower. So, it was that the same voice, in the same language she'd used, came from that room. She gave no thought, really, to her current situation. Some people would have thought she was quite mad, taking up with a man who was so much older than her. Then again, those same people only looked at appearances.
She stepped from the shower, wrapping a towel around her frame. Closing her eyes, she summoned an inner heat to finish drying that mane of hair, before wrapping herself in the illusion of clothing.

Behaving himself, Druid watched her shower in the rainstyle alcove. Eyes tracing each contour of her body as though touching them while she bathed. When all was said and done, he hadn't moved from his lean in the doorway. "Good thing we don't have to worry about running out of hot water.." Remembering their first time together. Talk about a rodeo. Moving inside now that she'd gotten hers, he removed his robes to stand bare before her. "I'll see you downstairs then..." He always seemed to take longer than she when it came to bathing.

She had opted for a high necked button down shirt in a burgandy, with a long black skirt. Her feet remained bare for the moment, though. She slipped close to him, brushing a soft kiss against his lips. "I'll be in the kitchen. Want me to make us some coffee?" She hadn't read his thoughts from earlier. They had just fallen into a comfortable rhythm together.

"Sounds lovely..." reciprocating the kiss he moved passed her to turn the shower up to a higher temperature, having to bend a little for balance. "Any moods on breakast?" The words sent back at her as he held out a hand to feel the falling water.
"I have a few ideas... How does pancakes sound to you?" It was her turn to lean against the doorway, watching him. Arms folded across her chest, a brief frown crossing her lips as she studied him. "Or maybe french toast?"

Satisfied with the water he stood and looked at her with a wide smile. "Pancakes sounds divine. And you look nice, just hope I can find decent enough robes for the occasion. Can't look like a hobo all the time..." casting her a wink as he stepped into the shower, the old man just watched her form as the beads ran along his frame. Fiery strands of hair matting quickly to cling against his pale skin.

She continued to watch him a moment, then bit her lip hard. "I'd better go get breakfast started... or else we aren't going anywhere for a while." She flashed him a bright smile, before disappearing entirely. Even in his home, she moved through the rooms using her powers, so as not to get out of practice. She was whipping up a batch of pancake batter, adding in some fresh berries, before too long.

His only response to her words was echoing laughter that followed through the house. He knew full well their mutual appetites. It was a bit odd at times, but they enjoyed themselves completely. Turning away, the old man set to washing, starting with his hair, the only vain point he held, gnarled fingers working out knots as they went.
KelatheSkelicia
Adventurer
Adventurer

She worked quietly in the kitchen, humming under her breath. Coffee was started, and dishes laid out on the table, before she began making the pancakes. She took her time, enjoying the simple feel of the wooden spoon in one hand, and the heat from the stove top. Her thoughts turned to the library briefly, remembering some of the passages she read.

Forehead pressed against the shower wall, he thought over their situation and realized his brothers would have murdered her for just being demon marked. It was what they were made for, however it was a point he had to remind himself of. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should..."

He repeated the words and understood it was the human body he inhabited that stilled his hand when the demon nature first showed itself. Breathing deeply of the steam filled air he released a ragged breath and stepped from the waters, natural body temperare evaporating the beads that clung to his flesh.

She was lost in thought, hands and arms moving naturally through the process of cooking. There was a vast well of knowledge in this place, which she found comforting, even if the demon within her did not. Pancakes finished, she set them on the table, and went about cleaning up her mess, while she waited for him. Pies were finished, and placed in the oven on low to finish baking. A sudden flash of pain, as she accidently set her hand down on the hot stove.

He came into the kitchen dressed in robes of a dark red, closer to mauve really. Blazing mane pulled back in a rather intricate braid as it fell down his back like one giant strand of rope, golden bands holding it in place evenly spaced. A frown decorates his mask watching her put her hand on the stove. "Need aloe, Kel?" The words laced with with concern.

She stood, staring for a moment at her hand. A look of concentration passed over her face, and the burnt flesh smoothed, and the redness disappeared. She looked up at him after, blinking slowly. "I'm...fine... Coffee?" She turned, reaching for one of the mugs she had fetched for them both, and started to pour.

This is where others would ask if she were certain, but not Druid. She said she was fine, and so she was fine. "Please." motions for her to go right ahead as he moved to the table, taking his seat carefully. "Sorry I took so long, more knots today than normal..."

"You need another salt bath, love," she said, as she set the mug in front of him. "And another good massage.... one that doesn't end with putting more of those knots in you." She laughed, looking over the table to see if there was anything she'd forgotten.

"And here I thought you liked that sort of bath.." grins over to her, watching as she busied herself. "But no, I meant knots in my hair." Realizes how feminine it sounds, but it's all right with him. Mug taken, he sips gently, feeling the black liquid drift passed his tongue. "Marcus going to need overnight clothes or anything?"

She shook her head, and chuckled. "Well, I have something to fix that too. There's an herbalist who makes all of my soaps for me." She took her own mug, adding some cream and very little sugar, before sitting next to him. "It's why I don't have so many..." Her hair was now brushing well below her behind. She looked thoughtful at his next question. "No, no. He's only coming for dinner, I think. If he decides to stay, I can get him extras."

"Oh, all right then. Wasn't sure what your plans were." Nod offered he sat back to just wach her work. A favored past time anymore. "You enjoying the long hair?" Personally he liked the look on here. At night the way it wrapped around her was like another layer of clothing to remove. "And I'll think about the herb stuff."

"It keeps me warm. And, since I'm not taking on any... extra curricular activities... I don't have to worry about someone I don't like grabbing hold of it." She started filling his plate with pancakes, a smile on her lips. "If you used the bottle that was in the shower, you already tried it...

"No, I just washed and cleansed my hair with clean water. Don't need that fruity smelling stuff you use. It's nice on a woman...me? It'd just be odd..." Snickering lightly he gve her the signal it was enough then moved his chair in a bit more.

She rolled her eyes at him, putting a couple pancakes on her own plate. She studied the food thoughtfully a moment, before cutting it up with a delicacy that was a sharp contrast to the more feral side she typically showed. She stopped, putting her fork down. "I'm nervous as hell."

"Eh don't be. Worse they'll do is bombard you with questions about how you know me..." waves off the concern though he did reach over and touch her hand. "You'll be fine, Kelathe. Trust me. You'll be fine." A light pat and he settled to cutting up his own, it was odd how he used his left to hold the fork and lift with it where most switched to their right. The manners almost perfect.

"What do I tell them? 'I'm bonded to a soul-sucking demon, and he had to make sure I wasn't going to kill anyone'? That'll be a big hit..." There it was, that dark sarcasm. She hardly let it out anymore. The soft pat to her hand made her smile. "Maybe I should throw in an epic battle or two..."

"You can simply tell them you're my student and have begun living with me, if you don't want to go into your life story. Though the whole soul sucking demon thing might go over well." Grins as the lines of his mask spread in an amused way before the lower portion snaps open to let him eat.

She rolled her eyes, taking a couple more bites, before she picked up her coffee. The distinct scents of pumpkin pie began to drift through the room as they sat. She closed her eyes for a moment, dropping into quiet contemplation. "I was reading, again..." A dangerous proposition, when she starts any sentance with that phrase...

"What tome caught your eyes this time?" She didn't read lightly, he knew. She went through whole books. Reaching over he lightly brushed his fingertips against her temple as it moved to twirl through a strand of hair. "And what questions do you have?"

"In all that I've read, I've .... never seen another example of what I've done. Only temporarily." She tilted her head, without thinking, into his touch. "They all went quite mad." She opened her eyes slowly, and looked at him. "I want to find out why I'm different...." She gave him a sweet smile. "But... that's a conversation for another day. It's the Day of Thanks, and we have a hungry family to feed..."

"And one we can have at any time..." agrees with her, nearly half-way finshed with his cakes. "There's an exception to every rule dear. Always has been." That hand spreads affectionately to brush the burned flesh of his thumb across her lips. "You're a tough nut to crack..."

She kissed the digit as it passed over her lips, before turning away. "I better start packing things up to go..." She stood, and got to work again. It seemed she had, indeed, been busy. The pies were taken out of the oven to cool, and she pulled out a few large baskets. Slipping into the pantry, she began to pull the breads she had baked the day before, the sweet potatoes she had mashed by hand, the casseroles. When she got going in the kitchen, it could be a scary thing.

A very scary thing, he thought to himself watching her go. Plate pushed away, Druid settled to finishing his coffee just marveling at all she brought out. Really was something to see. One day she's slaughtering cattle, the next it's Martha Stewart Home Living. That gets a low chuckle from someplace deep as he pictures her wearing nothing but an apron.

She brushed some of her hair out of her eyes, and settled a hand on her hip, studying all that she had laid out. She mumbled under her breath. "It's a good thing I got the big carriage." She set about packing things into the baskets, as quietly and efficiently as if she were going out on a job. She paid no attention to him, except to occasionally flash a nervous smile in his direction.
KelatheSkelicia
Adventurer
Adventurer

He didn't quite catch her words but figures if they were important she'd reiterate their sentiment. Hands grip the gable for support as he gets up with a low groan. "So who's driving?" Seems he should have asked that question a while ago when she first brought up the carriage. "And i hope it's not too chilly out.."

"I guess you are, since you know the way... And you should bring an extra jacket, just in case." She was covering the pies so they wouldn't get damaged in the move, when her head shot up suddenly. A wide grin broke across her lips, and her eyes went to his. "Marcus is here..." Before he could say anything, she was running out of the kitchen, heading out the door. Obviously, it was quite a surprise for him to have come here directly, but one that delighted her.

Well that brought a widening to his eyes barely having time to say anything as Kelathe dashed off. Shrugging he refilled his coffee and set to following her "Guess I get to meet the lad earlier than planned..." Shuffling along behind her at a casual pace to the front giving her time enough to compose herself if needed.

She didn't need it. Flinging open the door with a wide grin, she just barely caught the skinny boy as he dashed into her arms. He was young, perhaps nine or ten, with dark hair and wide, brown eyes. "Kel! I found it! You're it!" His voice carried through the hallway, and Kel laughed, spinning him around. She nodded her appreciation at the guardian who had seen him here, and closed the door behind him. "It's good to see you again, Marcus." She brushed some dirt off of his face. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught Dru approaching, and turned to face him, holding the little boy's hand.

"So this be Marcus. Why he's almost grown man, not some boy" The lines on his mask smile a little while coming to a stop next to them, his gnarled hand rising and held out to Marcus "Good to finally meet you, my young man."

Marcus looked up at Kel for reassurance, tucking one hand in hers, as he reached out to shake Dru's hand. "Pleased to meet you, sir. Kel told me some about you." He was a serious little boy, with everyone else but her, it seemed. Kel removed her hand from his, and put it on his shoulder.

"Nothing bad I hope." Gentle ribbing as he took in the boy's appearance with a nod, noting his firm grip and the way Marcus carried himself. "So, have you had breakfast yet m'boy?" Releasing the shake, Druid returned his hands to rest behind his back, well save the one still holding the mug of coffee.

"Yes, sir. They fed me before we left." When Kel started to move for the kitchen, Marcus was on her heels, with a shy smile back at Dru. Even though she knew he'd eaten, Kel grabbed a plate of pancakes, and set them before the boy with a wink. She moved back to the baskets, starting to pack them again.

Nods and trails after the pair with a light chortle. Still he watched the interactions between Kelathe and Marcus with interest. They were an odd pairing to be sure, but seemed to suit one another nicely. Carefully his eyes swirl a moment while wathing the youth, following the track of his life clear to the end. Another nod in approval, he sets himself up at the table to look out the window.

She laughed and joked with the boy as she moved around the kitchen, occasionally brushing by where Dru had set himself. He had grown much, out of the frightened, hurt little boy she had rescued. If he showed any signs of the abuse, it was little. He seemed less nervous than Kel about the whole affair. She lifted her head from her task, tilting it to the side. "Carriage is here...."

Each time she brushed by his hand managed to be in a place where it could touch her. Whether on the arm or leg, his hand was always there at just the right moment as though sensing her mood. "Are you attending school then, Marcus?" He knew the Rhydin school system was attrocious, but perhaps the orphanage had a home school system.

"Kel paid for me to go to a private school. It's very nice... My teachers helped me get caught up with everyone else..." Kel froze in her tasks, and cast a sheepish grin back in Dru's direction, before slipping around Marcus to take his empty plate. She checked the time, glancing an inquiry in Dru's direction.

"Ahh, she really does take care of you.." another nod, this time looking up at Kelathe approvingly as he pushed aside his empty mug. "Well, we should get going, it's a little ways to Battlefield."

She handed one of the baskets over to Marcus to carry, and picked up the other two herself, motioning with her head for Dru to manage the doors as the went. She blew a kiss at him behind Marcus' back. Somehow, in all of that bustle, she had added two silver earrings - silver snakes that curled up around her ears, with ruby eyes, and a pendant to match. "Lead the way, Dru..."

"That's why you're making me drive aint it?" His mask splits into an amused image as he heads them up, opening doors along the way back to the front, holding it open for the free labor. "Who's up front with me and who's on top of the carriage surfing?" HIs tone making it unclear if he's joking or not.

Marcus looked at Kel, and then at him again. "Can I just sit in the back?" He switched hands on the basket, carrying it through the doorway. Kel helped him to load it, just shaking her head with a nervous grin. "You can ride in the back, if you like. There's a surpise back there for you." Marcus whooped, and jumped into the back, while Kel put the rest of the baskets in the carriage.

The old man actually snapped his fingers as neither jumped on the bait. With a melodramatic sigh he moved forward to help Kelathe if she needed it, sneaking a goose when Marcus wasn't looking. Then it was to the front and gingerly getting up to the driver's seat without falling flat on his mask.

Marcus leaned out of the window, waving an intricately carved toy soldier. She tried not to make a noise when Dru goosed her, but the smile she gave him was promising for later. She gingerly lifted herself up on the driver's seat next to Dru. She reached under, and pulled out a thick blanket, and moved to tuck it around their legs.

Return to “Tales of The White Snake”