RDI Event: Showcase Showdown (Thanks G!)

A place for the players and staff to communicate, share ideas, report bugs, make suggestions, and build our community.

Moderator: Staff

Sinjin Fai
Adventurer
Adventurer

RDI Event: Showcase Showdown (Thanks G!)

Post by Sinjin Fai »

Date: December 22nd, 2009. I figure people have time off from the Holidays around then and it's not tooo close to Christmas, and after that we venture beyond into New Year's and work.

Time/Place: 9PM - 12AM: RDI Arena (Showcase Matches & New Dueller Intoduction)
12AM - ?: RoH Great Helm (After party, roleplay shenanigans)

Showcase Matches:
If you are interested in participating in a showcase match for your sport, PM me. As of right now, these duels will not be added to the standings unless people are keen on the idea, then I'll pester the admins about it. For the sake of time, there will only be one duel per sport.

Swords: G -vs- Maria Graziano
Fists: Matt -vs- Koy
Magic: Neo -vs- Sivanna

If you are available to call the showcase matches or call regular duels (hopefully aimed at bringing in fresh duelers), we will need callers for all sports!

Once I get the logistics of this part settled, I'll post the announcement on the playables on RDI. From there, it's a matter of pimpage. 8)
Last edited by Sinjin Fai on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

instead of PMing you, I'm posting this here to call him out

I think Jake should showcase for DoF. peeeeeeeeeeeeeer preeeeeeeeeeeeeeessure!

I'm also tempted to volunteer myself for a beating, so that once again I can gloat up my away message with Skid's statement of shock and awe...

NecroMesh (1:52:15 AM): You just beat Jake motherfucking Thrash.

:lol:

also: I think Sivanna should volunteer to go against Neo for that showcase match. from what I hear they both put on good shows.
Neo Eternity
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Seraphim Knights Leader

Post by Neo Eternity »

Delahada wrote:also: I think Sivanna should volunteer to go against Neo for that showcase match. from what I hear they both put on good shows.
Not gonna lie, that'd be pretty sweet. All my duels with her are really intense. The final duel in the ART last night was no exception.
-- Neo Eternity
Seraphim Knights, Leader
Retired DoM Coordinator
Sinjin Fai
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sinjin Fai »

Aw, Jake was dueling and I missed it? Lame!

But! The spot for DoF filled up. :twisted: I actually think Koy vs Matt will be a good thing, as they are recognized as "legends" both in the RoH community and as active and well-known characters in the RDI community.

But I KNOW there are some well-known duelers who want to beat on G and Neo. ;) C'mon folks!
Koyliak
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fashion Police

Location: The Heavenly Boutique - Where Dreams Become Realities

Post by Koyliak »

Sinjin Fai wrote: I actually think Koy vs Matt will be a good thing, as they are recognized as "legends" both in the RoH community and as active and well-known characters in the RDI community.
Matt might be a "legend." Koy is probably thought of more as a "crazy" or a "short a few sane marbles" kinda fighter ;)
Koyliak "The BobCrusher" VanDuran-Simon
Owner of the Heavenly Boutique
Joex Rodlain
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Joex Rodlain »

Darn, I would definitely be interested in this but unfortunately I'll be out of the country then... Ah well, hope it goes great and inspires some more folks to come over here.

Great idea!

Edit: So, I didn't read the "legends" part - not sure I qualify there :lol:
Sivanna Cyredghymn
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Sivanna Cyredghymn »

Delahada wrote: also: I think Sivanna should volunteer to go against Neo for that showcase match. from what I hear they both put on good shows.
*blush!!* Hey, I'll do anything you guys want. :3 That sounds like a lot of fun!

I have a love/hate relationship with Neo duels. On the one hand, they're exciting, but on the other hand, I tend to not breathe during them. xP

Either way, I'll do my best to be there, Sin! This sounds like an awesome idea!
Sinjin Fai
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sinjin Fai »

ROH is being incredibly disagreeable with me and not letting me stay logged on for more than a minute, so I'll make this quick:

Here's a link to the event, along with the quickstart dueling guides I wrote up for beginner duelers. Pimp it if you can, and if you have any suggestions or things you want to add, pop me an IM on Sinjin Fai. Hope to see you there!

http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15098
Sinjin Fai
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sinjin Fai »

Just a reminder: this is going down tonight at 9 PM in the RDI Arena. Be there!

Return to “Community Townhall”