10%
Maybe
20%

Total votes: 20
Joex Rodlain
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Joex Rodlain »

Recently, I've heard of some increased momentum for world league - or at least some rule planning and serious thought to getting it up and running by perhaps Jan or Feb.

At this point I don't think it's wise to start both TDL and WDL at the same time, because focus could be split and participation diminished. In light of that, I think we should do two things: 1) Figure out whether or not TDL is a possibility for this sort of timeframe (i.e. if the previous coordinators want to do it at all and if they can get it up by then). Then, if the answer to that is yes, 2) we should post both sets of rules or at least outlines of them and then vote on which one we want to do more.

Personally, I'm a big fan of team dueling as a concept, so I'd like to see either up and running. I just want to make sure that the community as a whole is most interested in whatever we start so that we have a better chance for sustainable participation.
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Napoleon Bonarat »

I think there's something else coming up that would conflict with TDL/WDL. Matt should have more details, I hope. :)
Napoleon Bonarat
PiRATes From Heck | Champions of Mythos | Badside Brawlers | CrushBob
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Yeah, just to chime in (nothing's solidified yet, but tentatively we'd be looking at a mid-January stary) on what Napoleon mentioned, but it looks like we'll be able to run Tour de Rhydin 2010! Some of you may not know just what the heck that is, so once some more details are nailed down and things look good to go, someone (likely myself or Random) will sling out more details :)

TdR, originally, was created by Random's player a few years back; it was a massive undertaking, entirely run by Random and other players, and a whole heck of a lot of fun.

My personal thoughts - TdR (which will be much shorter this time around than it was originally), since it's team based, is the perfect segue into 'external' team leagues like TDL/IFL. TdR will involve all 3 sports and both individual & team success come into play. It'll allow people to form teams, get used to the team concept, and even, perhaps, start forming rivalries and stories that could carry over into TDL/IFL/World League.

Information about the first TdR is here: http://www.ringsofhonor.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=96

The 2nd attempt was a disaster on several fronts but, from what I've seen thus far in discussions with Random, things are staged to be much easier on the TdR team and players all the way around for this next incarnation.

As I said, there are still several details to work out; Random's already approached some of you to help and we definately need to get volunteers on board to help; as Random learned, it's nearly impossible to run it as a one-man show. :D

If he hasn't contacted you and you're willing to help (and help's definately needed and appreciated!), please let me know and I'll definately pass the word along (I'm not sure how often he checks these boards, but I can get ahold of him in E-Mail and, sometimes, AIM).

--Matt
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
Corlanthis
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Corlanthis »

I, absolutely and unequivocally, would love to see another team-based dueling league show up, whether it's TDL, IFL, or something new. I've always regretted that I only was able to participate for one season of IFL and TDL.

So, my services are definitely available where needed for Admin work, Calling, or whatever else crops up.
"LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR? IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?"
Corlanthis
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Corlanthis »

(Sidenote: Oh my god, I'd forgotten about that profile picture.)
"LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR? IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?"

Return to “Duel of Swords (OOC)”