New Overlady, New Baroness

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Xavior Mues
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

New Overlady, New Baroness

Post by Xavior Mues »

It was two long and bloody night, but after the smoke cleared Simini had won the tournament and the Mantle, while Wyheree had taken second place and Dragons Gate.

All Hail Overlady Simini.

All Hail Baroness Wyheree.

The ladies shall hold the titles until the 26th 12:00 am.(est)

Xeric
DreyStarke
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by DreyStarke »

And next week folks, we're having take your child to work day! Maybe even throw in some knick-knacks!

~ Starke
Tormay Eludes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Tormay Eludes »

Congratulations Overlady Simini and Baroness Wyheree!
Simini
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Simini »

Thank you to the true Overlord and Baron for providing a tournament for those of us without rank or title.

I would like to offer a proposal for consideration on an individual basis. I would like to see the upper ranks attempt a return to the basics of dueling, and challenge themselves to meet every opponent, regardless of rank or station, with a straightforward basic-dueling style. No flourishes, no extra nicks and scratches on the opponent to impress the official or a friend that may be watching. Why not refresh oneself? If we do not occasionally challenge ourselves to meet an opponent in the ring in a new way, we risk stagnation.

I make no political statement; only a simple suggestion.

Respectfully,
Simini

-----
(( Just to clarify – what Simini is proposing here is that the upper ranks do not use any fancies this week. Simini does not understand a “fancy” as a specific thing that is earned along with rank. To her, a fancy maneuver is one that is executed with particular skill - a flourish or showy style, or perhaps managing to nick the opponent with a defensive move. The official is then free to award an extra half-point for skill, in accordance with the given rules. Simini is asking the upper ranks to challenge themselves to refrain from adding those flourishes and extra twists, and get back to basics. Excluding the Warlord Tournament, of course - that is an event at which everyone would naturally be dueling at their top level of skill. ))
DreyStarke
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by DreyStarke »

Yeah, and maybe I should duel on one leg while blindfolded singing Merry Had A Little Lamb through a kazoo?
~Starke

Return to “The Arena”