A Heartfelt Thanks

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Swords

Moderator: Staff

Simini
Adventurer
Adventurer

A Heartfelt Thanks

Post by Simini »

I popped in last night for the first time in... well... a while. :) I just had to take a moment today to say THANK YOU to those of you that are putting your time into the Rings of Honor.

As someone who was involved with DoS even as Q-Link transitioned to AOL... then stepped back and watched from afar during the transition from AOL to the web... and has since dropped in every now and again... I am very very impressed.

What I saw last night was an extremely well-run forum that is organized, welcoming, and full of talent. The new technologies are great; it's obvious that they were designed by FF gamers that wanted to further game play without compromising or imposing unenforceable "rules". It was like DoS in its heyday, but with improved technology - awesome!

I dueled. I RP'd. I watched others RP. I read forums. I PM'd with old friends all night long. In other words, this "old lady" had a grand time reconnecting with a community that, in a strange strange way still feels like "home".

I am not singling out my thanks to any one person because I know from experience that it's a larger group than is obvious at first glance. I am just pleased that it seemed to be an effective mix of "old" and "new" blood. You know who you are. :)

I just wanted the collective you to know that your efforts made it possible for me, during some dark days in my life, to turn toward a familiar "place" and enjoy a rare few hours of plain ol' fun.

Thank you.
~ Sim's player
Rand alTan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rand alTan »

::cheers, agrees, waves to Simini::

::apologizes for not having much time so shortly after returning::

::will be back::
Simini
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Simini »

::winks a hello to Rand::

As an addendum... the kudos is for the entire RDI/dueling community, not just DoS. I've peeked around most of the RP areas, and while in the RDI I swear I had the urge to slide a mug down the bar!

---------=======(_)3 Ale for Rand!

Return to “Duel of Swords (OOC)”