Updates and Semifinal Matchups

Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Updates and Semifinal Matchups

Post by Random McChanse »

First off, congratulations to those who made it to the semifinals and secured invitations to the next Duel Master!

For those who lost in the quarterfinals, you might see in the invitation selection process that you are not accommodated for. Sorry for the oversight, I realized it a while back but wanted to wait for the quarterfinals to finish so I could formally announce and fix it. Now, the quarterfinal losers and the top 4 first round losers are placed in the "challenger matches"; the bottom 4 first round losers will have to go through the qualifier tournaments once again. The thread will be updated to reflect this updated information.

Now, a couple rule changes for future Duel Masters:

1) The first round, quarterfinals, and semifinals will all be two weeks long. Regardless of when the semifinals finish, the finals will be held on the Sunday following the second week of the semifinals.

2) Emailing your opponent will be required in contacting your opponent. Registration of invited duelists must include an email address at which they can be contacted.

3) The duelist on the upper rung of the bracket will now have first pick of discipline, rather than the higher seeded player always having precedence. If a duelist is able to upset a considerably higher seeded player, I feel they should receive a corresponding reward.

4) Scoring will be the cumulative point scores of the duels, rather than the cumulative point differences. If the semifinal duelists are fine with it, I could implement this rule for this tournament also, as it has no impact on past or future outcomes; it simply gives more credit to the losers, while simplifying the seeding for the "challenge matches" in the next tournament's qualifiers. Please post with your response!

Finally, the matchups for the semifinals can be found here at the Dueling Zone:

http://duelingzone.com/dz/dm.htm
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Post by Jake »

Any idea when Vanion and Harris are facing off?

Return to “Duel Master Archives”